“decent food, just ok service.”

Japaneiro's Sushi Bistro & Latin Grill
Ranked #1 of 375 Restaurants in Sugar Land
Cuisines: Sushi, Japanese, Latin
Good for: Families with children, Large groups
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed November 2, 2013

service could improve a little but the food is pretty good. would go more often if service improved. decent location, parking sucks.

Reviewed October 26, 2013 via mobile

I ordered from the grill and my husband ordered sushi. Crab puffs for appetizer a MUST! We will definitely go back because there are other things on the menu we want to try. Our waitress was very helpful in suggesting menu items. If you want a cocktail try the pink lady.

Reviewed October 20, 2013

Japaneiro's is located in Sugarland Town Center, which is a cluster of shops, restaurants, and bars within walking distance of each other. There is very little street parking, but a free parking garage is nearby.

The food here is amazing. If you like sushi, you must go here. There are also some latin-influenced items, which we did not try but looked delicious. We ordered the 4-dumpling appetizer, and it was so tasty we wished we'd gotten the bigger order. My shrimp tempura roll was very tasty. The waiter was also very knowledgable about the menu and the wine. I was impressed because he brought my salad and it was so big I said, "I can share this with you, husband." The waiter had already walked away from the table, but he heard it and said he would bring us another plate. Tres leches was for dessert. :)

We are eager to go back.

The only negative I have to say is it's very loud in there, and so dimly lit it was difficult to read the menu.

Reviewed October 14, 2013

You have to try the crab puffs. Outrageous!! Sushi is great, too, not to mention the service. All in all, a great choice for dinner and lunch.

1  Thank Bob N
Reviewed October 6, 2013

My daughter and Grandkids love sushi. This is the place were we go for sushi. The food taste good. Waiters are friendly and attentive. Clean and well supplied restrooms. Can use a little light and low music