“One of the Local Favorites”

Corelli's Italian Cafe
Ranked #38 of 362 Restaurants in Sugar Land
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Families with children, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Houston, Texas
“One of the Local Favorites”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 1, 2012 via mobile

We just live this small, quaint local places. Always great food, good wine list, great bar, great selection and personal service. They have delicious sauces and make everything from scratch. Also have a charming? Quiet outdoor area. So much better than the larger chain restaurants! Don't miss it!

Caldwell, Texas
“Consistently good food. Love their pizzas.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 17, 2012

Doesn't feel like a chain - great atmosphere and always good. I usually order the pizza or the simple pasta dishes and I've never been disappointed. Waiters and managers are very attentive.

Visited January 2012
1 Thank jo_coch
Sugar Land
“Great Family Restaurant”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 4, 2012

We have eaten regularly at Corelli's for several years and they have always been accomodating, even when we brought in large groups late at night. The food is always good and service is always the best. When we have friends in from out of town, Corelli's is always a great choice!

• Visited April 2012
1 Thank Lisa R
“Service was so bad we left before eating!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 27, 2012

My family and I decided to try this restaurant because we were in the mood for Italian and had driven by a few times and it was always busy. We figured it must be good! I called the restaurant a few hours before we were planning on arriving in the hopes that we would be able to secure a reservation. I had already found the restaurant on yelp.com and it specified that they do take reservations. I explained this to the girl that answered the phone, but she very rudely proceeded to tell me that they do not take, and never have taken, reservations. We decided to go anyway.
Upon arrival, we approached the hostess at the front counter. She did not greet us or even notice we were there. Once we finally got her attention and told her how many people in our party, she said she wasn't sure how long the wait would be. I had my four month old baby in her carseat with us, so I asked if we could be seated against a wall so the baby would not be in the way. She informed us that there was only one table and that the waitress would help us figure out where to put the baby. We asked if we could wait for another table and were told no one was leaving any time soon so it'd be a very long wait.
We waited 5 minutes and were seated at a large table in the center of the room. This restaurant is so crowded inside because they have too many tables jammed in a tiny place. The kitchen is semi-open, and our table was right next to it. There was ten different servers running around behind our table, trying ro get their orders out.
We sat at our table for 5 minutes before a server came to take our drink order. Once she arrived at our table, I asked her if we could get an extra chair to put the car seat on. She said yes, but didn't offer to help. I had to get a chair from another table. After that, she just left and didn't even take our drink orders! We waited and waited, but she never returned. Other people dining around us looked like they were having problems with their food, and we saw one couple complaining to management about their food. While we were waiting for the server to come back to take our drink order (we had now been waiting 20 minutes) a bus boy came by to drop off a basket of what looked like breadsticks. We all tried one and were disgusted by them. They were skinny, dry, cracker-like sticks that had a very bland taste. We continued to wait for our server, but to no avail. After almost a half hour of waiting to order our drinks, we decided to leave. As we got up, no one from the restaurant seemed to care as they watched us walk out. From this experience, we will not return and I wouldn't recommend this place to anyone!

Visited March 2012
1 Thank Caliente1
Sugar Land, Texas
“Best Italian dining in Sugar Land!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 4, 2012

Even though I frequent the Corelli's in Houston often, it is nice to have a second location in Sugar Land near my home. This location also has casual dining, a bar, wine list, even BYOB on Friday, and the superb Italian cruisine. Service is attentive. We like the booths as you enter for family dining with Italian movie posters as a backdrop. Enjoy!

• Visited February 2012