“Decent”
Review of Lasagna House III - CLOSED

Lasagna House III
Cuisines: Italian
Reviewed February 25, 2013

We have eaten there several times. Service in the restaurant is average, service in the bar is excellent. Food is good, but not great. Portions are a little on the big side. Surprisingly enough, when I had the Lasagna, I was not impressed. Pizza is very good as is the basket of toasted garlic bread.Prices are average for the community.

Reviewed December 24, 2012

Wine mess up x 4.
Forgot salads before being main course.
Cold veal = yuck...Sent back.
Messed up bill.
Manager with little desire to address issues.
Poor servers.
Nice tomato sauce.

2  Thank GoodTripTexans
Reviewed November 24, 2012

It's really a nice restaurant, but inexplicably, there's no art anywhere on the burgundy walls! But the food's very good, the service is adequate and the price is good. They have good vegetarian options, for what it's worth (I'm one).

Reviewed October 8, 2012

One of my favourite restaurants in Sugar Land, Amici, used to be here. On my last visit, I discovered it had disappeared, with Lasagna House appearing in its place. While Lasagna House was obviously not the same style as Amici, I thought I'd try it just the same.

I went with low expectations and they were met.

The (short) evening started with one of the staff at the welcome counter browsing his Facebook page instead of dealing with customers, although I was shown a table quite quickly by the other person there. I arrived with no reservation, but there was no problem getting a table - there were only a few diners inside. The wait staff probably outnumbered the people sitting at tables.

I have to say that my server - Shaun? - did his best with what he had to work with.

I chose the ravioli combo (Advertised as an assortment of home-made cheese, meat and spinach ravioli with pomodoro sauce, $10.99.) Garlic bread and a salad were complimentary. The salad was offered with a choice of sauces - I chose the Gorgonzola sauce. I received a stainless steel bowl with a basic salad with a sauce that hadn't been anywhere near any Gorgonzola, and tasted suspiciously like it had just come out of a bottle. The garlic bread definitely did have garlic though!

The ravioli arrived completely smothered in a very rich tomato (pomodoro) sauce which was tasty, but completely overwhelmed the raviolis, which ended up tasting all the same. They looked suspiciously uniform and even to have been "home" made, but maybe they have a machine doing the making for them. Maybe they would have tasted the same even without the tomato sauce.

I had a glass of multipulciano ($8) which while not particularly exciting, was perfectly drinkable.

The desserts were presented as examples on a tray, but I couldn't bring myself to try any.

The espresso coffee (which was surprisingly good) was served with an Amaretti Biscotti which was an unexpected nice touch.

Not expensive at $24 but not at all inspiring. I'm not in a hurry to go back.

1  Thank TheGumnuts
Reviewed May 7, 2012

I have been to the new Sugar Land location several times and it doesn't disappoint. The dishes are good and who would not love their garlic bread? It was such a joy that I arranged for a group of 40 people for lunch one day. They were very accommodating for our large group and the service was awesome!