WINNER WONDERLAND

Ranked #1 of 8 Hotels in Sugar Land
Austin, Texas
“Center of it all”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 8, 2013 via mobile

I love this hotel. Located in the center of shopping, restaurants, night life and more! A GREAT place to stay! Usually a conference hotel or event hotel. Great for groups. Also the dining offered is exceptional. And it seems there is always an event in the square for families. I would even recommend it for a staycations. Stay near home and shop til u drop! Starbucks in the lobby and ice cream across the street. And the restaurants nearby - fine dining to pub style. Lots of options.

• Stayed July 2012
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Michael N, General Manager at Sugar Land Marriott Town Square, responded to this review, May 11, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience at the Sugar Land Marriott. Sugar Land has a lot to offer while visiting. Thank you for your kind words, we pride ourselfs on being a GREAT place to stay for everyone if you're here for business or a staycation.

I am so glad you enjoyed the Sugar Land Town Square area and everything it offers. We hope to see you back the next time you visit Sugar Land.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (185)
Mahopac, New York
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 7, 2013

We stayed here for our nephew's wedding. For the Houston area, this is a great location; unless you actually need to be in Houston for business reasons. It's perfect for Sugar Land You can actually walk to nice shops and restaurants. The rooms are comfortable and acceptably clean. Oddly they charge you $6 a day for internet or you can sit in the lobby and use their pokey internet for free. Better yet, go to the Starbucks which is attached and use their much faster internet for free as well. Be prepared for slow service at the Starbucks though. The gym facilities are very nice. Those from the Northeast should be prepared for feeling interrogated by the staff. I really don't think it's any of their business that I was visiting Houston for a wedding, even less that I'm related to the groom. But this is obviously the way these employees have been trained. When in Texas, don't be rude to the Texans.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Nicole G, Front Office Manager at Sugar Land Marriott Town Square, responded to this review, May 11, 2013
Thank you for submitting a review on tripadvisor. I apologize you felt interrogated by the staff at check in, however we just want to build a rapport with our guest to make you feel more at home and less like your traveling also to better accomdate your stay if celebrating a birthday, anniversary, or any other special occasions to better personalize your stay.

I apologize for the internet not working propely, I have shared this information with our IT department.

I apprieciate your feedback and hope to see you the next time you're in the Sugar Land area.

Thanks
Mumbai
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 3, 2013

The hotel is located in the Sugar Land Town Square area. The area has a few very good restaurants, bars and there usually is some live music at the town hall on weekends. Rooms were just about average, clean but looked a bit outdated. The bathroom fittings clearly looked in need of maintenance (rather a complete overhaul). Food was another let down, I am a vegetarian and had precisely one hot item to order for through room service. When asked if they can cook something vegetarian for me outside of the menu, but they politely refused. It does not really matter though since there are some really nice restaurants all around the hotel. Breakfast spread was very repetitive and boring. Staff, however, was nice and courteous.

Hotel also provides a shuttle to nearby supermarts and downtown.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for choosing to stay with us and for sharing your review on Trip Advisor. I apologize for the lack of follow up from myself and my staff concerning your request for vegetarian options during your stay at the Sugar Land Marriott. If you're ever back in the Sugar Land area and are staying with us we will be sure to have vegetarian options for you. I have also shared your concern with our Engineer department concerning our bathroom(s). Please know that it is never our intention to provide anything less than the impeccable service for which Marriott is known for.

Again, thank you for your review, and we look forward to having you stay with us again.
Kelowna, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 29, 2013

Stuck in Houston for a couple weeks...looking for a nice weekend get-a-way, a friend recommended Sugar Land Marriott Town Square.

What a nice distraction, not only was the Hotel very nice and the rooms comfortable, the whole Sugar Land Town Square has very friendly Bars, Shops and Restaurants people and the live Bands at the Town Hall...Sugar Land Brass was playing and we enjoyed the easy listening evening :)

Room Tip: Ask for a room over looking the Town Hall, you get a front seat to all the weekends entertainment
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience at the Sugar Land Marriott. We always strive on being Houstons hidden secret in Sugar Land with all the shops and different places to dine surrounding the Sugar Land Marriott. Thank you for your kind words and your recommendation of us to your friends and family.

See ya next time!
Houston
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 22, 2013

I have stayed at a lot of Marriott hotels around the country for work related trips, this is my worst experience so far. I am so disappointed because the reviews and the location was really good. My husband and I are non smokers yet we got a smoking charge automatically to our credit card. We called the hotel got transferred to a voicemail. We had to drive back to the hotel to report the incident the front desk took our number but did not seem to care.The manager was away so we still waiting on the hotel to call us back. The cook at the breakfast section was really rude.The only reason I gave a star is because the servers were polite and location is decent. Sugar-land Marriott does a disservice to the Marriott brand.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
3 Thank ShilorO
Nicole G, Front Office Manager at Sugar Land Marriott Town Square, responded to this review, May 27, 2013
Hello and thank you for taking the time to write a review on trip advisor. I would like to apologize for the lack of follow up from myself and my staff in regards to the smoking charge, I hope we were able to resolve your issue in a timely manner. While this is not typical of Sugar Land Marriott, please know that it is never our intention to provide anything less than the impeccable service for which Marriott is known for.

Thanks
Clemson, South Carolina
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 17, 2013

I'm thankful to have received a discounted rate for my stay; the going non-discounted rates started at $259.00/night. While the lobby area was typical Marriott accommodations, meaning well appointed, no so much for my room. The room was very spacious with 10 ft. ceilings, but it was also very sparsely decorated for the square footage. The room had the standard furniture: chest of drawers, work table/mirror, bed and two nightstands. But with the exception of a club chair and floor lamp, absolutely no other furnishings, making the room "feel" very meager and skimpy. The distance from the bed to the television on the chest of drawers was a good 20 ft. away. It actually made viewing the TV somewhat less than desirable. While my pictures aren't of the greatest quality, I think that they do convey how the furniture almost seems miniature compared to the size of the walls/floor space. The room just felt empty, sort of like they'd gotten all the way down the hall decorating rooms and then ran out of furniture and pictures for the walls in the room in which I stayed. In all frankness, I have no complaints about the service or cleanliness of the overall hotel. A very typical Marriott experience with respect to those latter two comments.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Michael N, General Manager at Sugar Land Marriott Town Square, responded to this review, April 21, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to share your review. Thank you for your loyalty to Marriott and staying them all over the world. I can only imagine how many beautiful unique Marriott's that you have stayed in. Thank you for your feedback regarding out rooms. I appreciate you letting me know.

I am happy to read that you were pleased with the hotel cleanliness and our service. We want to exceed our guest’s expectations and I am glad we did on most levels. My commitment is to work on any areas that any guest mentions. We could not improve or change without our guest’s feedback, so again, thank you so much for your review.

Thank you again for your loyalty to Marriott and for your feedback!
Washington DC, District of Columbia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 16, 2013

This property gets a "very good" simply because of where it is. This hotel itself is fairly average for a Marriott property. By no means lacking anything, and the lobby was well appointed, but the actual guest floors and my room itself looked generic or perhaps even a touch sub par. The location was fantastic, and the nearby free parking was appreciated.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Nicole G, Front Office Manager at Sugar Land Marriott Town Square, responded to this review, April 17, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to share your review. Thank you for your loyalty to Marriott.

I am happy to read that you were pleased with the hotel lobby and our surrounding shops/restaurants. We want to exceed our guest’s expectations and I am glad we did on most levels. My commitment is to work on any areas that any guest mentions. We could not improve or change without our guest’s feedback, so again, thank you so much for your review.

Thank you again for your loyalty to Marriott and for your feedback!
Also consider these accommodations in or near Sugar Land
BEST WESTERN Sugarland Inn
#4 of 8 in Sugar Land
Downtown
The Lancaster
The Lancaster
#1 of 500 in Houston
4.5 of 5 bubbles 1,181 reviews

Been to Sugar Land Marriott Town Square? Share your experiences!