“Great Stay”

Sugar Land Marriott Town Square
Ranked #2 of 9 Hotels in Sugar Land
Reviewed December 18, 2012

I was in Houston on business and stayed at the Sugar land Marriott.
I mentioned at the desk I had just returned from Fairbanks and the weather was a bit different. Even slept through my birthday flying back getting packed and heading out again.
After supper that evening, left in my room was a birthday card and a treat from the restuant.

Made the stay even better!

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
Aaron A, Guest Relations Manager at Sugar Land Marriott Town Square, responded to this reviewResponded December 21, 2012

Dear Morton Glen,

Thank you for choosing to stay with us at the Sugar Land Marriott Town Square and for sharing your experience. On behalf of the entire team, we thank you for your patronage. I am thrilled that you have a wonderful stay. Traveling can be difficult and we sincerely want our guests to feel like they are at their home away from home while with us. I will be sure to share your comments with the team as well. We try to personalize each stay and be attentive to our guest comments.

Thank you again for staying with us and we will see you soon during your next stay with us to the Sugar Land area!

Reviewed December 12, 2012

If I return to Houston, I will definitely consider staying at this property again! I was there for a conference. From the moment I got out of the airport shuttle to the moment I returned to the airport shuttle, I was IMPRESSED! Their staff are some of the friendliess staff I have ever met, certainly bringing to life "southern hospitality"! Their guestrooms are comfortable, clean, and well appointed. I love the convenience of their location, in the heart of great food & shopping. I walked around the area and felt very safe....and Starbuck's is RIGHT NEXT DOOR! The conference center made my time there enjoyable as well. It's easily accessed and their food & event staff contributed to my desire to return. I just can't say enough about this property. I look forward to a return to this hotel on a leisure basis so I have more time to experience their amenities and the area! I'm convinced that the management company is on the right track, all the associates seem to be happy & helpful...a sign of employees treated well!

Room Tip: High Floors Give Great Views
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
Aaron A, Guest Relations Manager at Sugar Land Marriott Town Square, responded to this reviewResponded December 13, 2012

Dear Shawna,

Thank you for taking the time to send in your review on your recent stay with us at Sugar Land Marriott Town Square. As a Marriott, we always want to be sure that we go above and beyond in every aspect of the guests stay. I am thrilled to hear that our staff was a true example of our spirit to serve our guests.

I am so pleased that overall you had a great stay and the service and staff you encountered exceeded your expectations. I am glad that you were able to enjoy the extra amenities the Town Square has to offer as well during your stay.

Thank you for your recommendation and for also commenting you would stay with us when you return. I look forward to your next stay!

Thank you again for sharing and hope to see you soon during your next visit to the Sugar Land area! Everything is sweeter in Sugar Land!

Reviewed December 11, 2012

During my business trip to the Sugar Land Marriott Town Square, every part of the staff went way above and beyond anything that I ever expected. I was very impressed with the front desk, house keeping, and the catering staff. When I realized that I forgot contact solution I went down to the front desk. The shuttle was currently out so they offered to go out and get it for me! With in minutes they brought it up to my door. Every time I walked into the lobby someone greeted me. My room was imaculate. And the catering staff anticipated my every need. I also loved the location. It was in such a good area for dining and after dinner drinks. As a single yound lady, I walked to dinner every night and felt completely 100% safe. I would love to go back to the Sugar Land Marriott any opportunity I got!

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
Nicole G, Front Office Manager at Sugar Land Marriott Town Square, responded to this reviewResponded December 17, 2012

Thank you for choosing to stay with us and for sharing your review on Trip Advisor.

I am so pleased that overall you had a great stay and the service and staff you encountered exceeded your expectations. I am glad that our staff was on hand to handle any requests or needs you had.

Thank you for your recommendation and for also commenting you would stay with us whenever you get a chance to return. I look forward to your next stay!

Thank you for taking the time to review and for staying with us.

Reviewed December 5, 2012

I recently stayed at this Marriott in Sugar Land. This is my second home and all of the staff are great. I am lucky I get to stay in hotels all over the world but this one is special to my heart.

How many General Managers would come into the Business Center while I am working and ask, "Could I get you anything or something to drink?"

That is not just service, that is a class act.

Nicki, Alex, and the team, you do a great job.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
Michael N, General Manager at Sugar Land Marriott Town Square, responded to this reviewResponded December 10, 2012

Thank you so much for the pleasure of hosting you during your visit. Being a Marriott, you can always trust that we will host you brilliantly. We want to make you feel at home and always be sure that you have a memorable stay while you are with us. I know our entire team is very passionate about serving our guests and I am so pleased you had a wonderful stay.

Thank you for your loyalty to Marriott and to our hotel for quite some time. I will be sure to share your comments with Nikki, Alex and the rest of the staff. It was a pleasure to have met you as well. Thank you for sharing your experience while with us as well. I hope to see you back during your next trip to the Sugar Land area!

Happy Holidays and Best Wishes,

Reviewed December 4, 2012

I recently stayed at this Marriott and it was the worst experience I have ever had in a Marriott Hotel. The staff was not attentive, the elevators were dirty and in general the hotel appeared tired, the valet staff was rude, we did not receive the rooms we reserved and the breakfast service is better at McDonald's.
I reached out to express my dissatisfaction with our stay and was told by "Nikki" that she was sorry with what appeared to be a copy and paste form letter. In our correspondence she never once addressed any of my concerns and told me they would not be offering me any thing but an apology for my trouble.

When you pay this much for a hotel room you expect a minimum quality level, unfortunately this Marriott does not deliver.

I stay more than 75 nights per year in hotels and will not be returning to this one.

Buyer beware...

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
rick g, Manager at Sugar Land Marriott Town Square, responded to this reviewResponded December 11, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to fill out your thoughts on Tripadvisor. I am sorry that your experience was negative. I can assure you that It is not typical of our hotel. In addition, thank you for taking the time to speak with me after writing your review. We look forward to seeing you
at the Marriott on your next visit to the area and will certainly do our best to provide the excellent service and accommodations we are accustomed to giving and you are accustomed to receiving.

Happy Holidays and take care.

Reviewed November 30, 2012

Great location in the heart of Sugar Land with great staff and customer service, but the rooms are subpar and not worth the fee charged. There are newer, more sophisticated and similarly priced hotels not far from Town Square which are better values.

The carpet, beds, and decor is tired and showing it's age. I understand there is a renovation project ongoing, but I left from my visit in September that I wasted a lot of money.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
rick g, Manager at Sugar Land Marriott Town Square, responded to this reviewResponded December 1, 2012

Thank you for submitting your review. We strive to ensure every guest has an exceptional stay and I sincerely apologize that your stay with us did not exceed your expectations. I apologize that you thought our property need some refreshing.

I am glad to hear our staff members met if not exceeded your standards. I apologize again for the decor of the hotel being not to your liking. I do hope you will give us another chance when you are in the Sugar Land area.

I thank you for your feedback.

Reviewed November 29, 2012

This was my first visit to this hotel and as a Platinum Elite member i must say this hotel and its staff was by far head and shoulders above the rest. If your visiting Sugar Land there is no reason to stay anywhere else. Thank you to Michael, Steve and your entire team for making my visit one to remember. I will be back!

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
Nicole G, Front Office Manager at Sugar Land Marriott Town Square, responded to this reviewResponded December 1, 2012

Dear Chris,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience during your stay at Sugar Land Marriott Town Square. It is our pleasure to have you as our guest while you were in town. I am very happy that we not only met, but exceeded your expectations. That is what we strive to do with each guest. I sincerely appreciate you taking the time to share your feedback. I will share your comments with Michael, Steve and give special recognition to our team.

I am glad to hear that we will see you the next time your travels bring you to the Sugar Land area. Take care.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Sugar Land
Drury Inn & Suites Houston Sugar Land
Comfort Suites Sugar Land
Comfort Suites Sugar Land
#1 of 17 in Stafford

Been to Sugar Land Marriott Town Square? Share your experiences!