“Average Marriott/Plenty to do”

Sugar Land Marriott Town Square
Ranked #2 of 9 Hotels in Sugar Land
Reviewed December 30, 2011

The rooms at the hotel were great six years ago when i first started staying here but are starting to show their age. Same goes for the concierge lounge, which has a marginal layout/food and service. The good news is the numerous dinning choices right outside the front door. The staff/service is average to possibly a step below of what you would expect from a full service marriott property. If you have time to have fun this is a great spot, if your looking for a modern room you should consider another property.

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled on business
Pete K, Front Office Manager at Sugar Land Marriott Town Square, responded to this reviewResponded June 28, 2017

Reviewed December 27, 2011

We really enjoyed the location of this hotel. It is right in "Town Square" which is full of restaurants, shops, and nightlife. The rooms were a little on the small side and decor was basic, but they were adequate. The public areas of the hotel, like the bar, lobby, and conference rooms were all nice and probably above average for a $129 a night hotel. The gym facility was nice, as was the pool deck, though both the heated hot tub and pool were kind of on the cold side. Check in was incredibly fast, I handed him my credit card and drivers license and he handed me the key. We had requested an upper floor, but did not receive one. Bottom line is that if you find yourself in the Sugar Land area, this is a great hotel choice, but I'm not sure that anyone should go out of their way to stay here. We stayed just one night at the hotel while we were on a trip to Richmond, TX.

Room Tip: Try to get a view of the town square(we did not). The night we were there they had a concert
  • Stayed: December 2011, traveled with family
Pete K, Front Office Manager at Sugar Land Marriott Town Square, responded to this reviewResponded June 27, 2017

Reviewed December 25, 2011

Nice hotel. Great location and very cheap for a Marriott. Maybe there was a better way but the parking seemed inconvenient.

Reviewed December 19, 2011

I stayed at the Sugarland Marriott on Dec 17,2011. We had a company party of about 500 people and that part of the stay was very good. The ballroom was great and buffet was excellant. The wait staff was very good and very attentive.
After the party things changed. First the room is just very average. The toilet did not drain well and the toilet seat was broken. I went to my room and at 1 AM someone pounded on my door. I assume they thought my room was the location for the party. The party was next door.
I listened to the very loud party in the room next door and finally had enough. The party must have been for the hard of hearing because most of the time it sounded like they were yelling to each other. It really sounded like it was a bunch of teenagers. I called the front desk at 2 AM and asked if they could send security up to stop the party. I guess the party did stop for 15 or 20 minutes. At 3 AM I again called the front desk and asked if they could come stop the party and either move me or the party. I guess they moved the party because it was quite by around 3:30 AM. The hotel comped 1/2 of my bill but somehow that was just not enough for me. Who else should I hold responsible for not getting any sleep that night. The hotel sent me an email and asked if the staff went the extra mile to accomadate my request. Did they stop the party? Yes I guess they did . Was 3:30 a little late to get the party stopped and get some sleep? Yes it was. I guess my unspoken request was to let me go and enjoy the company party and to be able to stay in the same hotel as the party, and get a good night's sleep. I did not get a good night's sleep.
After checkout the next morning we met our friends for breakfast in the hotel resturant. They are way over priced for what you get in the buffet. Scrambled eggs, biscuits and gravy, bacon
and coffee for $17 a person. You can get pretty much that same meal at a Hampton Inn for free with your room.
I guess my overall opinion is the this hotel is a very mediocre Marriott in a good location. I also wanted to say over the past 40 years of choosing hotels in which to stay Marriott is usually my first choice. I have stayed in many great Marriott hotels and will probably stay in many more.

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled with friends
Pete K, Social Media at Sugar Land Marriott Town Square, responded to this reviewResponded August 15, 2017

2011?

Reviewed December 19, 2011

It is a nice hotel, in a great location.
It is wonderful to just walk around the plaza, and visit the shops and restaurants.
However, I don't think that the bed could be any harder. Uncomfortable night in bed.

Reviewed December 12, 2011

I've been staying at the Sugar Land Marriott for many years. The staff is top notch and I've always had a great stay there. They have always responded cheerfully to any special needs and they pride themselves on doing a good job. The concierge room is great for morning breakfast and Olga always has a smile and greets all the guests cheerfully. I have no complaints, only complements for the staff. I wish them all a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year.

Doug Barba

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled on business

Reviewed December 8, 2011

We spent 2 nights here Thanksgiving weekend. The hotel was very clean, attractive and located right in the middle of everything that is Sugarland. The staff was friendly and accommodating/

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled with family