“Nice menu selections”
Review of Red Oak Grill

Red Oak Grill
Ranked #81 of 390 Restaurants in Sugar Land
Cuisines: Mediterranean
Description: Dined here today, so it's open. I've been here several times in the last year and a half - darn good, and worth a review. Thanks !
Reviewed February 17, 2013

Today was our second visit to Red Oak Grill and it was very enjoyable. Our first visit was two weeks ago. We had wanted to try this restaurant for the past year but only made it in recently. I'm glad we did.
The atmosphere is very comfortable and the staff is friendly. You order at a counter and a your food is brought to you - I like that as concept here because the manager/owner (perhaps) taking the orders will happily tell you about any dishes that you are not familiar with and will also follow-up with you to see how everything was - I think this is somewhat unusually at an order at the counter restaurant. The food has been tasty. We have had lamb kabobs, chicken kabobs, hummus, kibbe, as well as a Caesar salad and a grilled chicken sandwich. All have been good.

Reviewed January 23, 2013

I visited Red Oak Grill for lunch the other day. It was tough to decide what to order. I ended up settling on the lamb burger combo. The decor of this place is really nice and not what you would expect from the strip center location. You walk in and go up to the counter to place your order. After ordering, you go and fix your own drink and are given a number and stand to take to your table. The staff brings your food out as soon as it is ready. I like being able to go and get my own refills. It cuts down on the wait time from having to flag someone down and them do it for me.

The burger was very good. Nice and juicy with good flavor. I went with the combo and the fries that came with the burger were also nice. Crispy on the outside and soft on the inside. The lamb burger was not dry which lean meat tends to get if it is overcooked. I chose feta for my cheese and it went with the lamb perfectly. The people who work behind the counter are really nice. They really seem to care about you and work hard to make sure you have a good experience. My meal with tax came to around $11 which is not bad considering it was lamb. I will definitely return if I am in the area again

Reviewed January 22, 2013

We were looking for a Mediterranean restaurant in the Sugarland area close to the AMC theatres. This restaurant had good reviews so we decided to give it a try.
For variety, we ordered the beef kabob plate and the Mediterranean lamb burger with grilled onions and feta cheese. While the beef plate was very tasty, the lamb burger
was exceptional. I would recommend it wholeheartedly. The flavor of the lamb patty took it to a level way above your average burger. We found the atmosphere
to be comfortable and quiet, it was a Saturday evening and there were only a few other families there. Given the location, I would imagine that during the lunch
hour on weekdays, it would be bustling. For dessert, the fresh baked Baklava and their carrot cake put a wonderful finishing touch to the evening.

Reviewed December 2, 2012

This is a lunchtime favorite from Sclumberger, Noble Drilling, and other corporate locations nearby, along with local business owners and professionals. It is a good place to visit.

The food - good thick greasy two fisted burger was enjoyed most recently with grilled mushrooms, grilled onions, and mayo. Big pile of sweet potato fries. This is one of those burgers you roll your sleeves up to eat because the juice goes right down your arms. I approve.

Friendly staff and quick service. I have had the med grill offerings as well, but the burgers are what I come here for.

Reviewed September 12, 2012 via mobile

This is a perfect establishiment for one person or for your large group. The food is very good an excellent variety from burgers, large sandwiches, and of course Greek dishes. I love their salads with gyro meat. We come here at least every other week. The service here is great and food arrives quickly as well as hot fresh.