“Average everything”

Description: New location opened this year
Austin, Texas
“Average everything”
Reviewed January 26, 2013

Went right before it got busy on a Friday evening. Service was friendly, but a bit scattered. Bar drinks took awhile, as did the food. Prices are decent. Had edamame (nice presentation), chicken fried steak (good gravy and crust, not the best meat quality) and a ribeye (cooked great, but not the most flavorful). All in all, I'd say it was just average.

• Visited January 2013

Katy, Texas
“"It's ok””
Reviewed December 14, 2012

Excited when this opened in Sugar Land. I didn't find the menu that great. I had the fried shrimp, based upon the waiter's recommendation. It was just like any other fried shrimp, flash frozen, nothing special. The waiter seem overwhelemed by 2 tables and service was lacking.

• Visited December 2012
“1st & Last Visit”
Reviewed December 9, 2012

Went on a Saturday afternoon while in town for a tournament. I ordered a Miller Lite while others ordered Margaritas. After a long wait our waitress finally returned with drinks but no ML. After serving all drinks she looked at me with a smile and told me they were out of ML. How you could be out of Miller Lite on a Saturday has to be poor management at the very least. The Margarita glasses were also filled up to about an inch below the top. The waitress informed us that they did that so the wouldn't spill the drinks. Once our food came, again after a long wait the entree portion was hot but the sides that they put in individual serving bowls were cold. My guess is they filled side dishes and left them on counter while entrees were being prepared. It will be hard to get me to try Cheddars again but I can promise that I will never enter this one again. To make it worse there was probably 30 people in their and our group was nine of them. See you at Willie G 's.

Rockport, Texas
“Food was ok but definitely needs help”
Reviewed November 21, 2012

First of all we wanted Pinot Grigio wine. They were out. Took an hour to get food and wine. One salad came without dressing and one catfish plate came with chicken on it along with catfish. Other than that price was right.

• Visited November 2012
Sugar Land, Texas
“not a very pleaseant experience.....”
Reviewed September 2, 2012

I went there with my wife on Sept 2 on a Sunday and was told their will be a 15 min wait. It actually became a 26 min wait. OK, I am good I have waited longer at other places... While we were being seated I noticed at least 10 open tables/booths. I am not sure what the staff was thinking but maybe they have a reason for making everyone wait 20mins while there are table/booths avail. Some even waited outside in the heat...... Next... My water tasted like straight facet/water hose water.... Ok, I am good I have tasted worst drinking water at other resturant, nothing a little lemon wont help. So they bring the honey butter croissants out. I had to ask for napkins, you know incase I dirty my fingers.. OK, I am good I had a backup handwipe with me.. Finally they bring out the main course, I am starving... But wait... where is my silverware? I ordered chicken fried steak but didnt get any eating utensils. OK, I am good I am lucky I brought my swiss army knife but I didnt need to use it after I got up and flagged down a staff for utensils. OK..OK.. last but not least... the chicken fried steak was not up to par to even Chilli's..... I dont think I will be going back..... but on a good note the staff was friendly.

• Visited September 2012