“Good pizza, great ambiance”
Review of Coal Vines - CLOSED

Coal Vines
Cuisines: Italian
Reviewed April 4, 2013

Go for the pizza and wine, but stay for the view. Great service and yummy zucchini chips on the table. And I don't like zucchini.

1  Thank Janjac3

Reviewed March 1, 2013

A nice casual place to go with friends. We find the pizza very good, thin crust and not burried with tomato sauce but even more we enjoy the appaetizers -try their verson of fried cheese sticks and the salads. Wine is priced average for the area and they have a good choice. Wait staff is outstanding.

Reviewed February 23, 2013

Coal Vines is located in Lake Pointe Town Center, a shopping plaza with a great selection of restaurants overlooking the lake. Although many of the restaurants in this location are pricey, Coal Vines is a moderately priced, casual restaurant with both indoor and outdoor seating. Our party arrived at 7:00pm on Saturday night and chose to eat outside rather than wait for an indoor table. The view on the patio was lovely. It was a bit chilly and although the patio was sprinkled with heat lamps, sadly none were operational. We ordered the coal fired pizzas which were thin crusted and very good. The "regular" was a little light on tomato sauce, but otherwise very tasty.

Reviewed December 13, 2012

Pizza was OK. Thin, and not much pizza sauce or cheese - needed oregano & hot pepper flakes to give it some flavor.

The glass of Murphy Goode Cab was way over-priced - $15. After I got home, I researched the wine, and I could have bought a bottle for that price. I realize they need to make some money, but like i said, way over-priced.

The service was good with friendly waiters.

Reviewed December 8, 2012

I've been to Coal Vines a few times. The first time I had pizza, which they are supposed to be famous for. The crust was underdone - super limp, but it was reasonably done. The next time, a friend and I ordered pizza and I asked that they cook the crust until crisp. It wasn't. After that, I said forget the pizza, and found that the entres were pretty good. Last night I took my brother there for a birthday dinner. We both ordered the $25 Ribeye Steaks. HORRIBLE! I was horrified to see the waiter come out with a 1/4 inch steak laid over a bed of veggies. We had both ordered med-rare. How do you get a 1/4 inch steak med-rare? You don't. It and the veggies had no seasoning or flavor other than the char that wa on the pittiful steak. I want to like this place - it is so cute and the wait staff is excellent. But I won't be back. If I pay $25 for a steak, I want a nice thick STEAK - not a breakfast steak. We complained, but they didn't even offer to reduce the tab. What a waste of money for a night that was supposed to be special.