“Great brunch”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Churrascos

Churrascos
Reserve with OpenTable
Churrascos is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #5 of 362 Restaurants in Sugar Land
Cuisines: Central American, Latin, Argentinean, South American
Good for: Business meetings, Families with children, Special occasions, Kids, Romantic, Large groups
Dining options: Brunch, Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Valet Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Highway 59 and Highway 6
Description: Print MenuIts namesake – the famed Cordúa Churrasco steak - sparked Houston’s Latin American revelation nearly 25 years ago, and the flame is still burning strong at Churrascos.The tantalizing menu mixes up native Latin ingredients with the unexpected for a culinary line-up that is as artful as it is delightful, including bacon-wrapped shrimp taquitos, ethereally light angel wings, bahia grilled chicken, yuca fries, and, of course, the award-winning Churrasco – voted one of the best 20 steaks in America by Esquire magazine. Signature items include the Churrasco, a charcoal-grilled center-cut beef tenderloin steak; Tres Leches dessert - vanilla cake laced with three sweet creams and topped with a light meringue and Cordua’s signature plantain chips and chimichurri are served on every table
Plano, Texas
“Great brunch”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 30, 2013 via mobile

We went here for the Thanksgiving brunch! The service was great, food to die for and the endless flow of adult beverages made it even better. We had several people waiting on us at any given time. This is the first time we have been here but we will come back!

Visited November 2013

Sydney, Australia
“Excellent steak, good but rather impersonal service”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 20, 2013

I'd like to rate Churrasco's a five, but it doesn't really make the grade. There's no faulting the excellent steak - the meat is really tender and cooked exactly as requested. The side dishes which come with the meal (beans, plantain, potatoes, pickled onion) are OK, but maybe not to everyone's taste. The dessert is "to die for" - which you probably will if you eat too many of them as they are incredibly rich.

Service is faultless in the sense that you get plenty of attention, you're asked how the meal is going and so forth. But you get the feeling the whole thing is being done more or less on remote control without a lot of feeling or personal attention. Maybe that's because when you're a single diner you don't represent much in the way of tipping potential, or maybe that's me being cynical.

The ambiance is rather noisy and busy (the place always has a lot of people from what I've seen) - not really the place for a quiet or romantic dinner, rather a dinner with a group of friends.

If the servers gave me the impression they were actually interested it could be "excellent".

• Visited November 2013
“Best steak ever!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 18, 2013 via mobile

By far the best steak place in the whole southwest area. All other so called south american cuisine places are just copy cats and wanna be.....

Great food, best leches in town.

Calgary, Canada
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Amazing Service, Amazing Food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 9, 2013

I'm not sure how anyone can rate this establishment less than a four (because I know some people don't believe in giving perfect scores and I'll give them that).

Let's start with the atmosphere; The decor is very nice, you have someone greet and open the door for you and when you walk into the main dining area, there is a vibrant feel. If you're looking for a quiet place to eat, you might not enjoy this but I would say it was loud and the energy get me excited.

Our server was fantastic. Very funny, very informative and very attentive to our needs. There really isn't much more to say on that front because he was great.

On to the food; starting with the plantain chips and dips, they were very yummy and it was difficult to hold back from filling up on those before our appetizer even arrived. Speaking of the appetizer, we went with the Flight of the Three Ceviche, selecting the Copacabana, Verde and Lobster Campechana. The Copacabana was my wife's favourite and if I had a gun to my head, I would have to pick the Verde as mine although all three were excellent. The Lobster ceviche had a nice spicy kick to it.

For the entrees, I went with an 8oz "the Churrasco", a center cut beef tenderloin named by Esquire as one of the top 20 steaks in America. The portion size was near perfect and although I was expecting it to be slightly more tender (based on the waiter's description), it was very, very good. Cooked just the way I asked it with a mild flavour and juicy.

My wife went with the Lobster and Scallop entree and although the scallops weren't over the top good and it had too much sauce for her liking (it wouldn't have bothered me if it was my plate), she said it was the best tasting lobster she's ever had.

I thoroughly enjoyed Churrascos and next time I'm back in Texas, I will definitely be coming back here.

• Visited November 2013
Missouri City, Texas
“Consistently Great”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 21, 2013

We have been to this location twice now in the last few months, and both times we were impressed by the service and food. We've had the lobster & shrimp bisque, angel wings, empanadas, steak churrasco, tres leches, and bread pudding, and we considered all of them excellent. Our last waiter had excellent knowledge of scotch whiskey, and the previous waiter made wonderful wine recommendations. Service all around was superb. Now I am not saying this is one of the best restaurants in the Houston area, but we do consider it one of the best in Sugar Land. When my wife and I want a deliciously satisfying meal, we like this place.

• Visited October 2013