“Great pizza but skimpy in the cheese”

Grimaldi's Pizzeria
Ranked #13 of 363 Restaurants in Sugar Land
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Good for: Large groups, Families with children, Kids
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Richmond, Texas, USA
“Great pizza but skimpy in the cheese”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 16, 2013 via mobile

I love this place. It's the closest to NY pizza you can get, however my one complaint is that they do not put enough cheese on their pies. I've mentioned this to the manager several times, & they usually offer to make us a new one, but we always decline. They really need to look at this, since I've had friends who also complained. We've ordered double cheese & it's still not enough. I still enjoy the restaurant & they have a fabulous house Pinot Grigio.

• Visited November 2013

Houston, Texas
“Love their Pizza!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 28, 2013

If you are looking for tasty, thin crust pizza, this is the place. The staff is very attentive and accommodating with requests - crispy, not burned, light sauce,etc. I have tried their red sauce and their pesto sauce, both are delicious. Their salads are great - 2 people can easily share a small.

• Visited September 2013
Ormond Beach, Florida
“Have had better pizza”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 24, 2013 via mobile

We. Went there because we heard it had great pizza, I was disappointed when we ordered the meatballs on our pizza they were tasteless. Salad we had did not have enough dressing on it a lot on lettuce. The place is small and you can almost touch the table next to you. Don't know if I will try it again

Visited September 2013
Friendswood, Texas
“Loved it, worth the drive across town”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 15, 2013

Took my wife and 2 of my daughters to Grimaldi's last week for lunch... had heard of their reputation for great pizza and we decided to give it a try. I'm happy to state that everyone loved it! The girls had a small white pizza (which is what most places would call a medium), the wife and I had Pepperoni, Italian Sausage and mushrooms.

The location is very well kept up, and we enjoyed the décor, looking at all the New York photos and memorabilia on the walls. It looks like they had some private rooms for parties as well. The service was very good, and the food arrived without much delay.

We all thought the crust from the brick fired oven was exceptional, we absolutely loved the Italian sausage they used, and thought is some of the best we had ever tasted. We had a bit of dessert as well, the cannoli is very good, and the girls enjoyed their cheesecake. We will definitely be putting this in our restaurant rotation when we have a craving for pizza.

The only drawback was that for pizza, it wasn't exactly cheap, but for this quality, it wasn't terrible... you get what you pay for.

• Visited July 2013
South Texas
“Best pizza in Texas!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 8, 2013 via mobile

This is the second pizzeria of this chain that I have been to and it did not disappoint. The pizza has the best crispy wood oven fired pizza in the state. The fresh mozzarella and tomatoey sauce are the perfect compliments to the perfect crust. The waitress brought some bread and marinara for dipping upon request and we gobbled it up! My beer was cold and service was attentive. What more could you ask for in a pizzeria?

One word of warning: after eating this pizza, you will not care so much for the pizza coming from the place with the red hut or the one with the red, white, and blue logo!

• Visited July 2013