“Worst stay anywhere”

Extended Stay America - Houston - Sugar Land
Ranked #8 of 9 Hotels in Sugar Land
Reviewed August 12, 2013

I've stayed in many different types of hotels /motels over the years. This was by far the most disappointing and frankly disgusting of them all. It started with broken hangers and a broken iron. The "ergonomic" work space offrred would only suit an orangutan. Then I started finding the mystery stains. Too many to mention here. Suffice it to say after number 4 I stopped counting and got out of the room. After complaining to managent and being offered a different room I reluctantly agreed. The replacement wasn't too much better. Not only was the room almost as dirty as the first the alleged discount I was to receive was nowhere to be found. All in all a horrible experience and ill never stay in one ever again.

• Stayed: August 2013
1  Thank TrippinRoy2013
There are newer reviews for Extended Stay America - Houston - Sugar Land

Reviewed July 24, 2013

This was even a corporate stay. Rooms were filthy. Would never use the cups, plates or utensils provided. Floors were disgusting and dirty. Showers had obviously not been cleaned in a while. Long, dark, black hair in shower, on floor. It was gross. Smelled like bleach, which admittedly was better than the cigarrette smoke from the rest of the hotel. Had it not been 10 at night, the SECOND room we went to (as the first wasn't made up from previous occupants) we would have left immediately. Especially when we found out the DOOR TO THE ROOM DIDN'T LOCK!!! They had no other rooms. The guy at the front desk even looked embarassed about where he had to work. Even the next day, after we left, I had to get something that my child left behind, I just walked right in the room (no one was there, obviously). Just avoid this hotel. The one in Stafford is older, but MUCH cleaner.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank rhuntington16
Reviewed July 22, 2013

Hotel & rooms smell! Bed & bedding is cheap & uncomfortable! Overall feeling of just not clean! Would not stay again. Soda machines broke; no signs even after I reported the incident. Front desk seems to either be missing or always has a line!

• Stayed: July 2013
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Houston - Sugar Land, responded to this reviewResponded July 26, 2013

Thank you for your recent review of your stay. I am sorry to hear that the bedding was uncomfortable and the soda machine not working. As the hotel manager, I can assure you that we have repaired the soda machines so that they are all in working order. As well, I apologize that our staff was not able to assist you as needed in a timely fashion. In response to this feedback, I will be working with them on providing better customer service and how to handle guest requests in a quick fashion moving forward.

Thank you very much for providing us with your feedback. If you have any additional feedback, please reach out to me at hsl@extendedstay.com. I do hope that you will return to our hotel, or any other Extended Stay Hotels location in the future.

Reviewed July 8, 2013

Most every aspect of our room was dirty. There were dead bugs and dirt in the drawers and the carpet was filthy. Outside in the halls, trash was piled up and smelled bad. Pool was small and water was dirty also. Glad we only stayed for 3 days.
Front desk staff was friendly and the place does have wi-fi.

Room Tip: There are other nicer hotels in the area
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Houston - Sugar Land, responded to this reviewResponded July 11, 2013

Thank you for your recent review of your stay. The cleaning problem you described is unacceptable and I sincerely apologize for your experience. To prevent this from happening again my team and I are taking the necessary steps to ensure that all the cleaning issues are fixed immediately. As far as the pool, I am sorry you felt it was small. Still, please know we do have the pool professionally cleaned and the chemicals tested weekly.

Reviewed June 29, 2013

Decent hotel to stay at for extended stay. I have been here for a few months now and the staff has been very friendly and accommodating. One person deserves to be called out by name as a shining star here at this hotel, Ekhlas is wonderful!

Room Tip: New bedding deployed June 2013, very clean.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank 185,301
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Houston - Sugar Land, responded to this reviewResponded July 2, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. We appreciate the kind comments about Ekhlas. Our team is committed to satisfying our guest , so we are very thankful for your feedback.

Thank you for choosing Extended stay hotels as your home away from home.

Reviewed June 21, 2013

The staff at check in was very accommodating to us because very they where all out of rooms so he was trying to get us a room for us. We ended up in a room someone didn't want because of the smell of smoke. Well we took the room and cleaned it up our self. One of the ranges didn't work on the stove. The bathroom floor was dirty and molded. The furnishing was scratched up and carpet was torn in different areas. Glad we where only there for one night!!! Terrible place to have to stay for extended stay. Terrible place to stay for any stay!!!

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Elke B
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Houston - Sugar Land, responded to this reviewResponded June 25, 2013

Elke - Thank you for providing us with details about your stay. The condition of your room that you described is unacceptable, and I sincerely apologize for your experience. To make sure this does not happen again I have retrained the staff on how to provide the perfect "detail" cleaning as well as how to properly maintain each of our rooms.

Thank you very much for providing us with your feedback. We hope that you will give us the opportunity to provide you with a better stay next time you are in the area.

Reviewed June 18, 2013

very disappointed! me and my family stayed there 3 wks because his job was close by. Never seen housekeeping. No one but myself cleaned room. If we wanted towels we had to take them down stairs to laundry room and then go to front desk and hope someone was there to give us more clean ones. once a week I changed bed sheets ofcourse we had to go down stairs with our sheets and pillow cases put them in laundry room and go to front desk ask for more . and that's being charged 600.00 a week.. After the first week my husband went to front desk to pay for the second week and lady told him computer said it was 619.00 for second week my husband asked why and she told him that she would fix it that the old blond headed woman that worked there raises the room 20.00 higher if she doesn't like the way you talk to her.do not recommend to anyone. THIS PLACE IS A JOKE!

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Michelle N
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Houston - Sugar Land, responded to this reviewResponded June 20, 2013

Michelle - Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. The situations you described regarding both the level of cleanliness in your room and the front desk billing issue are truly regrettable. I am very sorry for your experience. In response, I discussed your comments with the team and we are making sure none of these issues happen again in the future.

Thank you very much for bringing this to our attention. We hope that you will give us the opportunity to provide you with a better stay the next time you are in the area.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Sugar Land
#3 of 17 in Stafford
Drury Inn & Suites Houston Sugar Land
Hilton Garden Inn Houston / Sugar Land
Sugar Land Marriott Town Square

Been to Extended Stay America - Houston - Sugar Land? Share your experiences!