Hyatt Place Houston/Sugar Land
$110
SpringHill Suites Houston Sugar Land(Sugar Land)(Great Value!)
$107
Best Western Sugarland Inn(Sugar Land)(Great Value!)
Hotels.com
$85
$109
$99
$57
Courtyard Houston Sugar Land/Lake Pointe(Sugar Land)(Great Value!)
Courtyard
$64
Comfort Suites Stafford(Stafford)(Great Value!)
$92
All reviewslake viewwhole foodspedestrian bridgewalking pathbusiness hotelrooms are spaciousfree shuttlenice locationthe breakfast areasitting areafree breakfastbreakfast sandwichdining optionsenjoyed my stayrestaurants and shopsexcellent hotelyogurt
FilterAll languages
Reviewed January 6, 2014

This was probably one of the worst nights I've ever spent in a hotel. It was very clean, but the room was extremely loud. You could hear the conversations of the people on each side of you and the footsteps of the people above you. In addition, there is a partition separating the room and the AC doesn't reach the bed section. We had the air on 61 degrees and still spent the night sweating and ultimately ended up moving to sleep on the couch so we could feel the AC. This was a staycation for us and we unfortunately should have just stayed home with out kids so we could get some sleep. I would recommend any other hotel in Sugar Land over this once. It was truly a terrible experience and made for a very very miserable, sleepless evening. Save your money and stay at the Best Western behind the HEB in Greatwood.

Room Tip: If you have to stay at this hotel, and I highly recommend that you do not, I would ask for a room on the 9th floor, as the walls and ceilings are paper thin and we could hear every movement of the people above us.
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Kayla j A
Matthew S, Manager at Hyatt Place Houston/Sugar Land, responded to this reviewResponded January 9, 2014

Thank you so much for sharing your review about the Hyatt Place Houston - Sugar Land. I sincerely apologize that your experience was anything less than satisfying. I assure you that our goal is to not only meet the needs of each and every guest we serve, but to exceed your expectations to make your stay as pleasant and comfortable as possible. Feedback such as yours is vitally important to our success and we appreciate your taking the time to inform us of your dissatisfaction during your recent visit.

If possible, may you please contact me directly at matthew.shine@hyatt.com or at (281) 491-0300. I would like to gather more information from you that will assist me in addressing the issues with your room and possibly earning your trust in our hotel.

I look forward to speaking with you.

Kind Regards,

Reviewed January 1, 2014 via mobile

Me and my wife stayed here the 28th thru the 30th of Dec for a weekend getaway I never been to a Hyatt hotel but I assumed it was pretty nice and clean which it was up until we got up to our room which clearly wasn't vacuumed luckily there was a maid right across the hall who was nice enough to clean up when I showed her the carpet I also discovered the shower wasn't thoroughly cleaned as well but I wasn't trying to ruin our weekend over it overall it was spacious room didn't like that room service wasn't available due to the restaurant close by and the little shop in the lobby also no microwave in the room but one downstairs which if we had food we had to leave the 7th floor and do it ourselves there are a couple shops near by the closest mall is about 30minutes away we stayed in room 724 overall nice hotel just need to thoroughly clean room oh yeah and the coffee table was dirty I expected better

Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
Matthew S, Manager at Hyatt Place Houston/Sugar Land, responded to this reviewResponded January 8, 2014

Thank you so much for sharing your experiences as a first time guest at the Hyatt Place Houston - Sugar Land. I sincerely apologize for falling short of your expectations during your recent weekend getaway. Your review has enlightened us of a definite opportunity of improvement and I would like to thank you for bringing this matter to our attention.. We acknowledge your concerns about the condition of your room and I assure you this will be addressed with our Housekeeping team.

We hope to be given a second chance to earn your trust in all of the aspects of our hotel.

Reviewed December 28, 2013

The hotel is newer so it's nice. Just like most Hyatt hotels its very nice design and the rooms are great. Couches to relax in so your not just stuck in bed. From the hotel the small walking bridge will take you to a lot of good restaurants. In walking distance. The view of the lake is nice and like I said location. The hotel is a 3 minute walk to restaurants that are great. Nice view and nice hotel. I stayed for a week and enjoyed it. Great hotel for long stays even for short stays. Small bar down stairs to get coffee or alcohol was nice.

Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business

We would like to thank you for giving us the opportunity to be of service to you during your week in Sugar Land. We are very grateful that you decided to stay with us and that you shared your personal views about the Hyatt Place Sugar Land on TripAdvisor. I'm very happy to hear that you enjoyed our rooms and that you were able to take advantage of the variety of restaurants within a short walking distance.

We look forward to welcoming you back soon. Thank you again for your kind review.

Reviewed December 19, 2013

We love staying at this property on quick trips to Houston. The rooms are well laid out, very clean, staff top notch and easy access to the freeway - but quietly off the beaten path. We also noticed that most of the guests are professional people - and it is so quiet at night. This hotel has one of the few TV systems that does not take 20 clicks to get local news or channels. Breakfast staff was on top of everything every morning so there was always plenty of clean tables and all areas well supplied.

Room Tip: We like the first floor - easy in and out - but we are senior citizens and we lived in Sugar Land for a long time prior to moving to a small town so we know the views by heart.
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple

We highly value your candid feedback and we would like to thank you for giving us the opportunity to be of service to you during your recent travels to Sugar Land. Your comments are very useful for those who utilize TripAdvisor to assess their hotel of choice in the Houston/Sugar Land area. I have enjoyed reading your impressions about the level of service you have received and I promise to share your kind words with our "top notch" associates.

Thank you so much for being a valued guest.

Reviewed December 4, 2013

All the rooms have a large seating area, a desk for your laptop and a small refrigerator, so you could spend several days there and not feel cramped. The hotel overlooks a small lake and there is a walking trail along the lake. Crossing over the lake on a pedestrian bridge, you can walk to many restaurants and a Whole Foods Market. Very good free breakfast.

Room Tip: Ask for a lakeside room.
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank scott46
Matthew S, Manager at Hyatt Place Houston/Sugar Land, responded to this reviewResponded December 8, 2013

We sincerely appreciate your taking the time to share your experience as a recent guest at the Hyatt Place Houston - Sugar Land. We are very grateful that you chose our hotel during your travels to Sugar Land and I'm delighted to hear that your stay was both enjoyable and comfortable.

We would love the opportunity to be of service to you once more. Thank you for your valued feedback.

Kind Regards,