“wonderful place to be”

GreenLeadersBronze level
Elgin
“wonderful place to be”
Reviewed September 11, 2013 via mobile

This hotel is very nice. I was here for a week on business. Rooms spacious. My room did not have a tub which was disappointing. I would have like a microwave in the room, but there is one by the breakfast area and I was able to use flat ware and plates from there. Staff is very friendly. Outdoor pool. Breakfast is very good. Overall a nice experience.

Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Matthew S, Manager at Hyatt Place Houston/Sugar Land, responded to this review, September 12, 2013
We would like to thank you for giving us the opportunity to serve you during your week of business in Sugar Land. While reviewing your profile, I couldn't help but noticed that you are an Top Contributor on TripAdvisor and that you regularly utilize this forum to provide significant and meaningful feedback. We highly appreciate such kind remarks from an experienced traveler such as yourself.

Would you be so kind to contact me directly at matthew.shine@hyatt.com? I would like to gather your information and notate your preference for a room with bathtub opposed to a room with a walk-in shower. This preference can be viewed by any Hyatt hotel and will assist in ensuring that you are given a room that most suits your liking. Thank you again for your much valued review. We would be overjoyed to have you stay with us again.

Best Regards,

Assistant General Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (62)
Miami Beach, Florida
Reviewed September 3, 2013

This was my first experience staying at a Hyatt Place. The room was spacious, modern and extremely clean. The staff went out of their way to accomodate special requests. Everyone was willing to assist in any way possible. A great value. I would highly recommend this property!!!!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Matthew S, Manager at Hyatt Place Houston/Sugar Land, responded to this review, September 8, 2013
Thank you so much for being a recent guest at the Hyatt Place Houston - Sugar Land. We would like to express our gratitude for sharing your impressions about our hotel and the Hyatt Place brand. We are highly grateful for your recommendation and for recognizing the the level of service you experience during your recent stay. Your feedback is exceedingly valuable and we promise to share it with our associates.

We hope to be of service to you soon. Thank you again for your kind remarks.

Abuja, Nigeria
Reviewed August 23, 2013

Stayed here for about 5 nights because my host got me the room.

Pros
The view facing the water is great
The laundry service is efficient
The rooms are really nice
A lot of restaurants are around the building
This sit out is amazing

Cons
The breakfast menu is poooorrrr
The cleaning lady was literally not doing anything except changing towels when she felt like, she might have been overworked

It's nice place

Room Tip: Ask for a room facing the water
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
Matthew S, Manager at Hyatt Place Houston/Sugar Land, responded to this review, August 25, 2013
Thank you for your recent review and for informing us of your dissatisfaction with the housekeeping services and complimentary breakfast. We genuinely appreciate reviews and comments, such as you provided, as they help us identify our strengths as well as opportunities of improvement. Your observations have been highlighted and I assure you that will we strive to correct any and every potential discomfort that can affect our valued guests.

If your travels ever bring you back to Sugar Land; we wish to extend a warm welcome upon your return. Thank you so much for your valued feedback.

Reviewed August 15, 2013

Our family came from China and had to stay in this hotel one month because a international relocation. The two queens room is large and the living area is a comfortable size for family. I was worried about the breakfast since I read someone's review. But it is great~ hot hamburger has 3 type for choice and they are delicious, my daughter love it ! Fresh orange juice and veg juice, Yogurt and fruit~ we enjoy it every day. And after 10 days when we want to eat something else, it is a short distance to walk to the food market there offer green & organic food. My daughter likes their pasta and I like the salad bar. The hotle also offer free shuttle bus to shopping mall it is great conveniently . And when it is not so hot outside, we always walked a full circle along the river. Quiet and Scenic view. And at last, I should praise the staffs. They are very friendly to my daughter . In first week she was wake up midnight since the jet lag , I have to let her watch iPad in Lobby at 2am because her father needs sleep. The staff always talk to her gently and give her big smiles even my daughter can not speak English. I really love this hotel.

Room Tip: Lake View room of 5th floor will be better
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Matthew S, Manager at Hyatt Place Houston/Sugar Land, responded to this review, August 16, 2013
Thank you very much for taking your time to write a review about the Hyatt Place Houston - Sugar Land. Your review is not only greatly appreciated by us but it is immensely valuable to TripAdvisor users and travelers in general that rely on this website for first hand feedback such as you provided.

We understand how stressful relocating can be and how hard it is not only on you but on your family as well. It is extremely heartening to our team to know that you were pleased with your month long experience at our hotel.

If we may be of any service to you in the future it will be our pleasure to do so. Thank you again for writing your review.

Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Reviewed August 12, 2013

This is a very nice and clean hotel. I enjoyed my stay and the staff was extremely helpful at multiple times during my stay in Houston. They were especially helpful with a package that I had shipped down to the hotel. There are restaurants and grocery stores within a short walking distance. I am very glad that I decided to stay at the Hyatt Place in Sugar Land.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank Pghproud412
Matthew S, Manager at Hyatt Place Houston/Sugar Land, responded to this review, August 14, 2013
Your comments regarding your stay at the Hyatt Place Houston - Sugar Land have been shared with our staff and we are very grateful that you chose to stay at our hotel. We strive to please each and every guest while making their experience with us as hassle free and enjoyable as possible.

It was our pleasure to have you stay with us. We certainly hope to see you soon.

Best Regards,

Houston, Texas, United States
Reviewed July 28, 2013

This hotel and its staff made our family reunion the BEST one we've had. The rooms are HUGE!! The hotel was very clean and smells good too and the sales staff gave us a private breakfast which was delicious. I would love to stay here again.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Matthew S, Manager at Hyatt Place Houston/Sugar Land, responded to this review, July 29, 2013
We are very grateful you and your family chose to stay with us and that you shared your personal views about the Hyatt Place Sugar Land. It was our pleasure to host your family reunion. We value feedback from our guests and promise to share this information with our associates as we continue to improve our level of guest satisfaction.

We hope to be of service to you and yours in the future. Thank you for being a valued guest.

Kind Regards,

Austin, TX
Reviewed July 13, 2013

The Hyatt Place chain is one of my favorites. Unfortunately, I travel a lot and want points with the same chain - I can't find Hyatt properties everywhere I go, so I rarely stay at an HP. My family stayed here for a wedding in Sugar Land. This hotel is so clean and modern, and extremely reasonably priced. The rooms are a great size and so comfortable. The staff is super friendly and organized. It has a well equipped gym. The breakfast was okay, but could use more hot items - maybe meat and egg dishes vs all carbs. All in all, a great stay.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Matthew S, Manager at Hyatt Place Houston/Sugar Land, responded to this review, July 14, 2013
Thank you so much for sharing your experience after staying with us recently. We greatly appreciate your kind remarks and we hope that you will give us another opportunity to serve you on your next visit to Sugar Land.

We strive to provide exceptional customer service as well as maintain the property to the highest standards of condition and cleanliness. I am very pleased you were able to share your witness to that during your stay. We regard your comfort and guest satisfaction very highly and wish to extend a warm welcome to return. Please feel free to contact me directly if there is anything else I may assist you with.