“Just a very nice evening and a fine meal (Pork Chop for 5!)” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Perry's Steakhouse & Grille - Sugar Land

Perry's Steakhouse & Grille - Sugar Land
Reserve with OpenTable
Perry's Steakhouse & Grille - Sugar Land is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #3 of 360 Restaurants in Sugar Land
Cuisines: American, Steakhouse
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings, Families with children, Large groups, Special occasions, Bar scene
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Full Bar, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Valet Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: US HW 59 & HW 6
Houston, Texas
“Just a very nice evening and a fine meal (Pork Chop for 5!)”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 27, 2013

I'm kidding. The pork chop probably wouldn't feed 5 people; 4 would be fine. Now, that, I am not kidding about. Four of us met for a Saturday evening supper. We started early, around 6:30 pm and stayed and talked and just took our time. One thing I look for in an evening like this is an atmosphere where I can have a conversation with the folks I'm with; Perry's is perfect. The place was busy but not packed. I stupidly forgot to make a reservation but that was not a problem. We were seated immediately and started sipping a little wine candy: Moscato. May as well start with dessert. We shared the calamari as an appetizer. Everyone enjoyed it very much. Lots of flavors but it is spicy - spicy hot, I mean. So, if you don't enjoy something with a pretty good hot "kick", don't order it. Don't get me wrong, though; it was very good. Interestingly, since we were, after all, at a "Steakhouse", only one of the four of us got steak. My lovely lady got the filet with some crabmeat on top - she really liked it. She even shared a bite with me. It was great. The rest of us got non-steak dishes, including one order of shrimp. All were described to me as excellent. I got the pork chop. It was huge. They dress it at the tableside, slicing it up into three portions: the "eyelash", the ribs (4 of them), and the chop. The thing is huge but at $34 it's actually one of the less expensive things on the menu. (The place ain't cheap. But, you get what you pay for.) I ate the most flavorful portion, the "eyelash", first. Then, it turned out there wasn't going to be any second portion - I was just too full already. Really, the pork chop would more than easily cover two regular folks, and probably, with appetizer, wine, and dessert, three. It was very good; I have to say. Service was very nice and friendly without being obtrusive. The atmosphere was lovely - not too loud to prevent good conversation but not deadly quiet either - just right. Good wine selection, too. The tab for the four of us averaged around $100 a head. That included a glass of wine before dinner, appetizers, entrees, and one dessert that the other three folks shared. I couldn't - the darned pork chop was my meat candy dessert! Lovely place. I recommend it.

Visited October 2013

“The Colossal Porkchop!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 25, 2013 via mobile

Back again to take on their signature porkchop. Ahh, fantastic flavor tender all the way through. Also received great service with the overall attentiveness that makes Perry's.

“Excellent Steaks”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 16, 2013

Perry's lives up to it's steakhouse name. Delicious sides and a great wine list. Service really good. A bit pricey like most true steakhouses, save it for the special nights.

• Visited September 2013
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
“Typically excellent”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 14, 2013

You have to try the pork chop. Everything else is great too. This is a nice restaurant with great service. Pricey, so be aware.

Visited September 2013
Houston, Texas
“Business Dinner - Good Food and Drink!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 4, 2013

Attended an ad hoc business dinner here recently. They seated us in a private room which was excellent. We had drinks and appetizers - all good; nice wine selection, some had mixed drinks, some whiskey's and some had beer - no one complained.

I had their famous Wedge Salad which I always enjoy. It has their signature homemade buttermilk dressing on it, which makes it a stand out. Not your usual wedge salad.

We had various entree's including steaks and seafood. I had the seabass which was scrumptious. I enjoyed my meal so much that I was very full. Desserts to share were the chocolate lava cake and creme brulee' - I would say that the lava cake that I tasted was a little burned on the crust, but the oozy filling was nice.

Service was really good. I have dined at Perry's on occasion where it was not (not at this particular one), but this one was good.

Prices are up there, but not as bad as some steak house establishments.

Visited October 2013