“Great Stay”

Drury Inn & Suites Houston Sugar Land
Ranked #5 of 9 Hotels in Sugar Land
Reviewed December 3, 2012

Stayed one night, Having some business we needed to stay in Sugar Land a day or two. We liked it so much we stayed an additional 2 nights. We had our dog at no extra charge. She liked it too ! Hot breakfast in the morning, Rooms were clean and comfortable. Staff super nice. What else could you ask for?

Room Tip: Rooms on the front are a little noise, best to stay in middle rooms very quiet.
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business

Reviewed November 5, 2012

WoW! That is what I am still saying about this Drury Inn. Upon checking in I was told there wasn't a King Room available even though I had requested one upon reserving the room.
The Guest Service Manager at the front desk told me to wait a few moments as He checked for something suitable for me. he then gave me a Key, Checked me in and then told me to check the room out and give Him a call with my opinion.
I went to the room and found that he had given me a 2 room , beautiful King Bed for no extra cost to me.
That is what Hotels should be about in taking care of their clients.
besides, the free food at the evening reception and tasty Hot breakfast were more positive aspects to my visit there.
I would again like to thank Glynn Arkadie for his having made my stay a very pleasant experience. His enthusiasm for pleasing his clients as well as Hid professional attitude toward his job makes me want to stay there again every time my travel takes me through Sugar Land, Tx.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Morgan W
Reviewed October 3, 2012

This hotel is the absolute best! The staff is exceptional and friendly. The amenities are GREAT and the food is awesome! When I want to get away from my hectic everyday life I go south to Houston/Sugar Land, TX. You are alway greeted with a friendly smile and a warm feeling of "wow, I'm home again"! I pretend this is my health and fitness getaway. I enjoy the pool and hot tub, the fitness facility and yes, the buffets every morning and every evening! You really don't need anything else. The rooms are alway clean and comfortable. When you are broke, this is your vacation spot! I love Drury Inn & Suites!
Carolyn Horne

Room Tip: Just tell them what you want, and they will make sure you get it.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed July 27, 2012

We stayed here 7 days. It is clean and NO bedbugs. Entire staff are extremely friendly! Pool is a bit odd. Small and is divided in half that makes part of pool inside and part outside. Kids still enjoyed it and I enjoyed the hot tub.
Breakfast was the same everyday- waffles, french toast, sausage, biscuiys and gravy. Scrambled eggs, yogurt, apples,banannas, toast, muffins, donuts, juice, cereal, milk.
3:00 is free popcorn and pepsi products! 5:30-7:30 was a rotating buffet and 4 free mixed drinks per person. Dinner was baked potatoes, hot dogs, nachoes.... Amoung other quick fix items. It can save u some money if u dont want to go out.
Room was 2 doubles with room to include pack n play. The beds wiggled everytime you moved. It took awhile to get used to that. Our room had a small icebox that rarely got cooler than room temp. Not cool enough to store milk. Asked that it be replaced and after next day it still wasnt done. 2nd night our toliet clogged and it wasnt until the 3rd day that I asked for a plunger and did it myself. Someone did leave a card the next day saying it was repaired.
Right off highway. No noise was heard. Have security exits. $1.50/washer $1.50/dryer $1 soap.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed July 10, 2012

We have stayed one other time at a Drury in San Antonio at the riverawalk about 5 years ago. Had a great stay then, and just returned from Sugar Land and had another great stay. Can't beat the value for the price you pay. The Breakfast itself for a family of 3 is easily a $25/day value. Clerk at check in was super friendly, and called shortly after we arrived in our room, to make sure everything was in order. Stopped by during the "kickback" to chat also. Room was clean and maid service was efficient. Will be searching out Drury for any of our upcoming travel needs...especially if I can run acrosss another great web deal like this trip.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed May 4, 2012

My family really liked this hotel. You cannot beat their "5:30 Kickback" which included three free drinks each for my husband and myself. They had a nice arrangement of free food at the kickback, and the food was mediocre at best - HOWEVER, it easily saved us $30-50 dollars on another dinner out. During that time they also offer free soft drinks and popcorn. (I don't expect high quality for a free perk, so I was more than satisfied with this arrangement). My boys loved the pool, which was very unique because half of the pool was inside and the other part was outside. The hotel was quiet and we got a great night's sleep. No complaints!

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed April 1, 2012

Arrived around 6:30 for a one night stay before a cruise out of Gavelston. We were greeted by a friendly staff. Access to all rooms are from interior. There is no elevator as we had read previous reviews. We asked for a first floor room and was granted our request. The rooms were very clean. We have stayed at many hotels. This one met our needs. Great stay for a great price. Would recommend it and stay there again!

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled with friends