“"Ignored"”
Review of Becker Vineyards

Becker Vineyards
Ranked #2 of 9 things to do in Stonewall
More attraction details
Owner description: Located in the Texas Hill Country between Fredericksburg and Stonewall, Becker Vineyards was established in 1992 by Richard and Bunny Becker. We are open for wine tasting, tours, wine gift purchases and picnics. We also host many events throughout the year that we encourage you to attend.
Reviewed December 29, 2013

My wife & I arrived at Becker 50 minutes before closing on a Sat. night, but I still thought that would be enough time for a tasting. I payed for our tasting, & we had a woman start us on our tasting, but after 2 pours, & without saying anything to us, she went to the opposite end of the tasting area, & didn't come back to finish our tasting. We stood there for at least 5 minutes before someone else asked if they could pour us something. They charged the most for tasting fees out of the 8 previous wineries we had visited in the last 2 days, & most of the other wineries would at least apply your tasting fees towards your wine purchases. It was the worst winery experience of the weekend, & they had the most uninspiring wines.

1  Thank EddyReimer

Reviewed December 16, 2013

With all the new tasting rooms on Rt 290 east of Fredericksburg it might be easy to miss Becker Vineyards a short drive south. My advice is if you only visit one tasting room visit Becker. Becker is the pillar of Texas wines in this region and I believe without them the hill country wine trail would not exist. They have a wide variety of wines and many are very affordable. Their Raven , Cabernet Sauvignon (Canada Vineyard) and Reserve Tempranillo are our favorites but they have a wine for everyone. The pourers are very personable and treat you like a friend. I would recommend Alan, Gary, Henri (ladies present your hand for a kiss from this charming Frenchman) and especially the very friendly Randy also known as Coach (and probably at the outside bar when the weather is good). We typically bring a picnic and buy a bottle of wine to enjoy with lunch. We are wine club members and Becker feels like home to us.

1  Thank CanyonJack
Reviewed December 8, 2013 via mobile

I have been coming here since I was in high school with my folks, now I'm am adult bringing my outta town company here! The wine is delicious and the grounds are a little piece of heaven! Take the tour it really is educational even for non wine drinkers!!! I will always return here and plan to marry in the hall here one day!!

Reviewed December 6, 2013

The property is attractive, the wine tasting well run with a good variety of wines. We went during Thanksgiving weekend, and the place was very crowded. However, the tasting room is very large and has a large, four sided rectangular bar in the center, and we were easily able to get a spot. The tasting is flexible. You can get a flight of reds, or whites, or a mixture. Instead you can choose a full glass of any wine you like. And they gave us a small taste before choosing!
Additionally, the walls are lined with displays of gifts for sale. I found chocolate dessert linguini (!) as a gift for a friend, and some nice cocktail napkins to use during our next wine tasting party at home.

1  Thank txmeg
Reviewed December 4, 2013

The vineyard is easy to find just along the way towards Fredericksburg. They have a very nice wine tasting room, enough space for big crowd hanging around. You could keep the glass wine after the wine tasting session. I loved their little wine library at the basement where they provide exclusive wine experience by appointment.

1  Thank NeeNee_Cho