“A very popular and busy place, but worth the visit.”
Review of Becker Vineyards

Becker Vineyards
Ranked #2 of 10 things to do in Stonewall
More attraction details
Owner description: Located in the Texas Hill Country between Fredericksburg and Stonewall, Becker Vineyards was established in 1992 by Richard and Bunny Becker. We are open for wine tasting, tours, wine gift purchases and picnics. We also host many events throughout the year that we encourage you to attend.
Reviewed June 1, 2011

After reading the other reviews of Becker, I definitely recommend going on Sunday or a week day if possible. The wineries in Hill Country are very popular with visitors from Austin and San Antonio. Visited Becker for the second time on Sunday afternoon and it was busy, but not impossible to taste at the very large bar. Tours are offered at certain times, but we missed one. The winery is beautiful and the lavender fields spectacular when in bloom. They had just cut them, so April is the best time to go. The wines are excellent and our server, Henri, who is French, really knew how to entertain. The wine glasses, included with the tasting fee, are the largest of any of the wineries. Many options for wine accessories and lavender products, and you can sit outside on the sheltered patio with a glass of wine after they close. There are several other wineries within a short drive, all worth a visit.

1  Thank boltsnnuts

Reviewed May 30, 2011

Absolutely fabulous vineyard. Great wines, fabulous facilities, and absolutely beautiful. Loved it.

Reviewed February 24, 2011

A fun place to go. The facility is beautiful even in the winter and I could not believe how high caliber the wine was. I have been tasting in Napa and in Italy and this wine could hang. Souvenir glasses are really beautiful too. Be sure to leave some room to bring some wine home too. Fun day!

1  Thank TravelsfromTX
Reviewed December 19, 2010

Admittedly I stop there to buy wine, not taste it these days - unless they have a new offering. My trunk holds 5 cases even if I hit the gift shops in Fredericksburg on the way, so I usually fill up there and top off next door at Torre de Pietra.

Henri is a gem (a reviewer called him a rude Frenchman, not being aware of the redundancy) but somebody from Chicago would have no doubt complained about being kissed and hugged (Henri and I have become close over the years:-)

Being crowded is a sign of popularity - the quality of their wine can be blamed. I avoid places with no cars in the lot.

1  Thank uncle_ron98
Reviewed September 27, 2010

3 of us went to several vineyards for my birthday and this place was extremely RUDE! It was as if they hate money. We walked in and were COMPLETELY ignored! We waited over 10 mins while the guy helped another couple.... He NEVER even looked at us so we left and spent our money elsewhere. Go to Grape Creek, very nice and awesome wine.

4  Thank Alison T