“The perfect Getaway!!”
Review of Rose Hill Manor

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Stonewall
Rose Hill Manor
Ranked #2 of 2 Stonewall B&B and Inns
Reviewed July 9, 2009

I am a native Texan who has been away from her "home" for over 20 years. In all the time growing up there I had never been to Fredericksburg or Stonewall. Was I in for a treat! Rose Hill Manor is a member of the Select Registry, which is how we discovered them. After spending two days with the wonderful people there I can see why:-) As you turn into the drive before you is this stunning manor. You feel as if you are coming home. Bud, who greeted us when we arrived, made us feel like old friends. We were taken on a tour of the dining room, game room and bar area. He informed us of our selections for breakfast each day and confirmed our dinner reservations for that evening. We could not wait! Bud then took us to our room, The Library Loft. Such a fitting room, especially for me, as I am an avid reader. WOW! It has a side entrance with staircase that leads up to the room. The room itself is spacious, beautifully decorated and extremely comfortable. The bathroom was spectacular!! Just perfect for two people who needed to get away from the hustle of everyday life. We had dinner that night at the Manor. The chef and the food was 5 stars all the way:-) As they present each course you are told a little about it and how it was prepared. They do have the option of pairing wines with each course as well. Great idea! We chose not to do that; instead we had wine from neighboring vineyards, Perdanalis and Grape Creek. It was fantastic:-) Breakfast each day was such a delight. Our hostess/server Amanda was very gracious and the food simply incredible. This was the first time that my boyfriend had been to Texas. I am so glad that I chose Rose Hill Manor to be his first experience there. To me there is nothing as wonderful as the Texas Hill Country and add to that our stay at Rose Hill Manor, it was amazing:-)

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled as a couple

Reviewed May 21, 2009

My wife and I spent two nights here during the week. We stayed in the Sunset Suite in the main house.

The pros:
The room was charming. The balcony outside a nice place to kick back and while away the afternoon. The place was very clean. They have different pillows to choose from (feather, down, mix, hypoallergenic, foam, regular). The staff were very friendly. The four course dinner was up there with the best dining I have enjoyed. They are within short stumbling distance from a good winery.

The cons:
I wish the bed was king size rather than queen. If you are planning on watching TV forget about it. Tiny TV with basic basic cable. No smoking - not even outside! I had to carry my cigarette butts around with me until I found a trashcan in town.

All in all a great place to stay. I would go again.

Reviewed April 24, 2009

We were given a 2 night stay by our kids for Christmas. We are retired but very busy folks. This was a great way to have a couple of days together away from all the demands that life has. A chance to just step back and take a deep breath and relax.
We loved the cottage we stayed in and Bob and Patti were gracious and attentive without being intrusive. The food was excellent and served in the dining room overlooking the valley. We actually saw deer grazing in the woods adjacent to the property as we were eating breakfast.
We went at the heart of the wildflower season and the scenery was lovely.

Reviewed April 20, 2009

Stayed for 2 nights, Friday and Saturday. The staff are as accomodating as possible. They were very busy when we were there due to it being the peak season so I can understand why they weren't as chatty as I would have liked them to be. The Inn is immaculate and very well kept. We had dinner Friday night and almost were late for our reservation due to the ectremely bad weather that day. In some places there were 12 inches of rain! We drove through that. The food was impeccable. I loved all of it. Ms. Patty is very down to earth and easy to talk to. Thanks for a great visit.
There were a few things that I didn't like but not really enough to say I didn't like the stay.
*Vent fan in bath was not working
*Heat pump was difficult to figure out and we would get hot then cold, all night on the first night. I should have turned it off
*No spot with mirror to sit and primp (You know, it's a girl thing)
*Low water pressure (It took forever to fill tub for a bath)
*Bathroom floor was very creaky
*Front door would stick closed and I couldn't open (Hubby had to manhandle)

Reviewed March 26, 2009

Wow, what a wonderful experience - so unexpected! Located in a small town outside of Fredericksburg, TX - our destination, Rose Hill Manor is a delight. Service, FOOD -- omg, the FOOD - breakfast is the best I have ever had - so generous, beautifully presented and delious. The rooms are tastefully decorated and spotless. We had one of the cottages with it's own private deck overlooking the most beautiful meadow - so peaceful and serene, we felt refreshed in a matter of minutes. Spa services are available- we had a great couples massage by The Living Touch, Debbie and her team - worked out all of the other kinks. And then we had dinner, words can't express how wonderful - we dined at 7PM and had their Prix Fixe dinner - a four course pre-set menu -- served in Rose Hill's dining room - Austin's - elegant and the best meal I have had since dining in New Orleans, up there with the best. We left feeling renewed, totally satisfied on all levels. Patti, Bob and their wonderful hard working staff are all smiles and willing to do what it takes to make our experience the best it could be. Thank you. We will be back and will tell all that we can.

• Stayed: March 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 10, 2008

After the heat, concrete, and traffic congestion of the city of San Antonio, I could not wait to get out and head to the hills. My in-laws celebrated their 50th wedding anniversary at Rose Hill Manor. This perfect event had been planned for 4 years, and went seamlessly thanks to the excellent staff of Rose Hill Manor. My in-laws and us, the many family members, had the run of the inn. I was able to see every single one of the rooms and let me say, there is not a bad apple in the bushel. All are lovely, clean, spacious, and have beautiful views. My husband and I were pleasantly surprised by being placed in the Sunset Suite which has billion dollar views from the porch which it shares with the Sunrise Suite, where our daughter stayed. The sunrises and sunsets over the Texas Hill Country are not to be missed, nor the unobstructed views of the stars at night (which us city folks never get).
The breakfasts are superb, the best of any B&B I have ever stayed at and the Anniversary Dinner (which was off the menu offered to all guests and the general public) was one of the best meals of my life, including wine pairings.
The grounds are delightful (bikes are provided) with views of the Texas Hills (which I mentioned before) and herds of cattle and llamas. Not to be forgotten is the sweet dog, Action Jackson, who helped relieve the separation anxiety I had from having to leave my pets at home. The library is well-stocked and includes board games. (My daughter and I bonded over Scrabble).
Thank you, Rose Hill Manor for being cool, calm, and collected during the 50th Anniversary Celebration. You understood the significance and importance of it and made all of my in-laws dreams a reality. God's Blessings and Love to you all!

• Stayed: June 2008, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Reviewed April 16, 2008

We recently spent a night at Rose Hill Manor and found it to be a lovely, tranquil inn located in the Hill Country of TX. It had been recommended to us by our daughter and also some friends and we were not disappointed. We stayed in the main house and had a lovely, large suite. The setting is beautiful and the staff, friendly and gracious. We did not dine there but based on the breakfast the following morning, I'm sure dinner would have been delicious. I would certainly consider returning if I'm in the area in the future.

• Stayed: April 2008, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank MZC-Grandma
Also consider these accommodations in or near Stonewall
Peach Tree Inn & Suites
#5 of 29 in Fredericksburg
Full Moon Inn
Full Moon Inn
#13 of 82 in Fredericksburg

Been to Rose Hill Manor? Share your experiences!