Rose Hill Manor
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation but we can search other options in Stonewall
See available hotels
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
Frederick Motel(Fredericksburg)
View Hotel
Hotel Kitsmiller on Main(Fredericksburg)
Super 8 Fredericksburg(Fredericksburg)
Sunday House Inn(Fredericksburg)
View Hotel
Comfort Inn & Suites(Fredericksburg)
Motel 6 Fredericksburg(Fredericksburg)
View Hotel
All reviewsthe main housepedernales cellarstexas hill countryb bsunrise suitesun roomlbj ranchthe cottagestexas winestour of the propertywonderful bed and breakfastlarge bedroomcarriage housejohnson citysage cottagesaw deerrelaxing weekend
FilterAll languages
Reviewed July 11, 2011

I stayed on a solo trip to an area I've always wanted to visit. After considering many places I decided to stay at Rose Hill. The setting in the hill country surrounded by pastures and trees was gorgeous. The chef is one of the best; I would eat there again anytime and the somalier did a good job pairing food and wine! I stayed in the Hilltop Cottage which is big and lovely BUT the cable didn't work, the DVD player didn't work and I had to ask for a fan as the a/c was temperamental and didn't always cool the cottage. There were many things to do in the area but I would probably stay some where else if I visited again. However, I would definitely make dinner reservations at Rose Hill!

Room Tip: Make sure the a/c works or that they provide a fan to help with air circulation
  • Stayed: July 2011, traveled solo
chocolatewoman, Owner at Rose Hill Manor, responded to this reviewResponded July 12, 2011

We're sorry we couldn't fix the problems this reviewer had more quickly. Certainly, the Hilltop and Oak Grove cottages are not the ones to pick at hot times during the year if you want your room to be less than 68-70 degrees. They open directly onto the deck and just don't seem to stay as cool as the rest of the rooms when it is really hot. Unfortunately, as with all technology, the Dish satellite equipment went out over this weekend, and we had to wait for their repairman to come and fix it. We always try to respond to any issues our guests have as quickly as possible, but are sometimes at the mercy of the schedules of companies like Dish.

Reviewed May 30, 2011

We stayed in the Oak Grove Cottage. It was private, beautiful, had a frig, microwave, tv & cable, fabulous shower, and I loved the bed! The most comfy thing ever!! The restaurant at the hotel was amazing, the best food we had the whole weekend. Staff was friendly, very attentive. They have a free breakfast every morning (that can be delivered to your room .. free for a basket of pastries/fruit or $25 for a hot breakfast - both were fantastic options!!) The location is about 15ish miles outside downtown Fredericksburg, which was okay because we spent a few days at vineyards and only one in town. It's like 2 minutes from some of the best vineyards! Overall we loved it and would definitely go back!!!

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled as a couple
3  Thank traceyck
Reviewed May 22, 2011

We went for a weekend a while back with friends that we go to b&b's with on occasion. We like rest, relaxation, good restaurants and our husbands have a photography hobby so they like to go somewhere to take pictures. It pretty much was up to par on all counts. The house is very old and a bit lopsided, as are the rooms. We liked it anyway. It's sort of shabby chic.
Big rooms with great views of ranch land and porches just off your room upstairs. Comfy beds and lighting.
I felt like the restaurant was just ok. The food was good but presented in a tres chic fashion. I feel like they would do better in the restaurant by just being what they are, a Texas manor, not try for Wolfgang Puck. It is expensive for what we got ( the salad was roman lettuce leafs with a wafer of parmesan cheese on top). Good wine selection.
The desk clerk was a snotty fool, but I hear his is no longer there. All in all, it was fun. We went into Fredricksburg for shopping one day. The guys got some good pictures around the place. I believe it was affordable and restful. I do recommend it.

Room Tip: Upstairs with a private porch.
  • Stayed: October 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank CissieMcCree
Reviewed April 5, 2011

The Sunrise Room at Rose Hill Manor was exactly as advertised on their website, and made for a relaxing, romantic getaway. The view from the upstairs veranda was very pretty, and one could see for a very long way. We enjoyed both the sunrises and sunsets on the veranda, and you can also watch the sunset from their dining room.
The room itself was very spacious, and included a sitting room that has the same wonderful view, in case the weather drives you indoors. While we did enjoy some of local attractions, the best part of our stay was on the veranda or front porch.
The staff was johnny on the spot with anything you needed, and very helpful. I would go back and would recommend staying here.

Room Tip: Ask for the Sunrise or Sunset room.
  • Stayed: April 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 28, 2010

We have stayed at Rose Hill Manor many times in the past four years and each time we enjoy it more than the last. The location, the accommodations, the view, the friendly staff, and the on-site owners are always a welcome retreat. And the food is beyond anything imaginable in this rural area and competes with any larger metro area's finest.

It is just a short drive to several area wineries, not to mention the historic town of Fredericksburg. Also Rose Hill is located almost across from the LBJ's Ranch and homestead which makes this location perfect for anyone interested in our country's early heritage.

We highly recommend everyone make a reservation and stay at least a couple days. You will not be disappointed!

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled as a couple