“Best View of all Hill Country Wineries”
Review of Pedernales Cellars

Pedernales Cellars
Ranked #3 of 9 things to do in Stonewall
More attraction details
Owner description: Pedernales Cellars - the quintessential Texas boutique winery. Featuring award-winning wines, tours of the largest underground barrel cellar in Texas, and breathtaking views of the Hill Country from the patio.
Reviewed January 19, 2014

We had a pass for complimentary wine tasting from Rose Hill Manor next door to Perdernales Cellars. We were met at the door by a very gracious hostess, we asked if we could exchange the tasting for a glass of wine to enjoy on the patio. Our hostess took us to the tasting bar and we were given a nice portion of wine to enjoy.
We sat on the patio and took in the beautiful view of the Hill Country, the wine was perfect and the view was beautiful as we recharged our batteries from the busy day in Fredericksburg.
After relaxing on the patio, we found a perfect gift to give to my sister for her birthday.
We are planning to return to both Rose Hill Manor and Perdernales Cellars in May.

Julie K, Owner at Pedernales Cellars, responded to this reviewResponded January 21, 2014

Thank you very much for visiting. I am glad you enjoyed relaxing on the deck. Please do visit again! The deck is particularly pleasant in the spring, and we have live music on it every Saturday starting Feb. 1st.

Reviewed December 31, 2013

Friendly and busy wine tasting room. Staff were helpful and provided information about the history of the winery. But best of all - GREAT wines. Tempranillo was especially good. Also tasted wine in Fredricksburg, this wine was better. We were there on a Saturday, and although busy the tasting room is large and we were set up quickly. Beautiful setting.

Julie K, Owner at Pedernales Cellars, responded to this reviewResponded January 2, 2014

Thank you for making it all the way from Seattle to visit us in the Texas Hill Country. I am glad you enjoyed your visit and liked the Texas Tempranillo. Tempranillo is a grape varietal that does very well in Texas, and can be made into a nice range of wine styles. Please do visit again next time you are in the Texas Hill Country.

Reviewed December 31, 2013

I really enjoyed all of the wines I tasted here, and the property was beautiful. However, our server seemed to have an attitude that we were privileged to be there and try their wines. This kind of service is not appreciated.

1  Thank Andrew C

Thank you for visiting Pedernales. I am glad you enjoyed the wines and view. I am sorry to hear that you didn't appreciate the attitude of your server. We are always looking for examples to help train our staff, so if you would be willing to contact me at wine@pedernalescellars.com and describe your experience I would be very grateful.

Reviewed November 26, 2013 via mobile

Beautiful setting to enjoy a bottle of wine with the best view of any Texas Vineyard we visited. There is a swing that os awesome, but when it gets busy there, it is difficult to get. Great outdoor patio as well. I shouldn't forget the wine - it is excellent. From top to bottom in the tasting, it was our favorite place (although admittedly we did not taste the whites and only tasted the reds). Definitely recommend a visit.

Julie K, Owner at Pedernales Cellars, responded to this reviewResponded December 2, 2013

I am glad that you enjoyed your visit and liked our wines. The swing is a very popular place for couples to sit, and it has been the setting for several (successful!) marriage proposals. Please do visit again.

Reviewed November 15, 2013

Really a fun place but best to go during the week. The last time we went on Saturday and it was so crowded.

Julie K, Owner at Pedernales Cellars, responded to this reviewResponded November 19, 2013

I am glad you have fun when visiting Pedernales. It does unfortunately get crowded on Saturdays when lots of people have a day off, and I highly second your suggestion of visiting during the week if possible. If a Saturday is the only time you can visit, coming between 10am and noon is a way to beat the crowds. Sundays are also a little quieter. Please do visit again!