“Worth the Drive!”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Pedernales Cellars

Pedernales Cellars
Ranked #3 of 9 things to do in Stonewall
More attraction details
Owner description: Pedernales Cellars - the quintessential Texas boutique winery. Featuring award-winning wines, tours of the largest underground barrel cellar in Texas, and breathtaking views of the Hill Country from the patio.
New Orleans, Louisiana
63 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 253 helpful votes
“Worth the Drive!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 18, 2012

Despite the fact that they were in the middle of a expansion with construction and dust, the ladies pouring samples were very cordial and attentive. I tried the wines available for tasting and made note to come back for more as they were so close to our accommodations. I wanted to see thier caves and sit on the patio but, needless to say, I didn’t get the opportunity to follow up. I will next time, in thier bigger tasing room..

Visited April 2012

Austin, Texas
17 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 15 helpful votes
“Some of the best Texas wine I've ever tasted”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 25, 2012

We've done wine tasting at several of the wineries and vineyards in the Texas Hill Country, and Pedernales Cellars is one of my absolute favorites. They have the most wines that I really like, and they offer a free tour of their underground cellar. If you like white wine, their Texas Vino Blanc and Viognier are both absolutely wonderful. The person who was serving us was very knowledgeable about wines, as was our tour guide. An added plus is getting to see the really cute Belted Galloway cows owned by their neighbor.

Visited March 2012
Houston, Texas
176 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 145 helpful votes
“Fun place to relax with a little wine”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 28, 2012

Nice little winery. Plenty of choices of wines to taste. Music on the weekends. Lots of fun!

Visited November 2011
Kennedale, TX
12 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 23 helpful votes
“Just keeps getting better...”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 20, 2012

This has become my favorite stop on our annual Fredericksburg wine crawl. We usually have a large group of 14-20. This year we were treated to a tasting in the barrel room, which made the experience for several new comers in our group very special. I suggest calling ahead for a reservation if you have a large group or just want to experience the barrel room tasting.
Our tasting host was a bit brash, but we all enjoyed the wines so much that we overlooked the fact that she was having a long day.
This is also a great stop for snack or picnic. They have a few meats/cheeses for sale, but I suggest bringing your own. There is a great patio out front to enjoy your favorite glass (or bottle).

Visited February 2012
Bronwsville, Texas
12 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 19 helpful votes
“Great place in Stonewall”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 9, 2012

The entrance is gorgeous, one of the biggest wineries in the area, they have a small hotel in the area and a open porch with rocking chairs to enjoy your wine.

Visited January 2012