“This country B&B not worth going to”
Review of Country Cabins B&B

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Stonewall
Country Cabins B&B
Odessa, Tx
“This country B&B not worth going to”
Reviewed April 26, 2010

We too were misinformed from the pictures on the website. Don't waste your hard earned cash on this place. You know it's country when you can see daylight thru the cracks in the wooden walls and feel a huge breeze come thru the "backdoor"--wasn't even a real door . A very hard rain came the 1st night and to our surprise--the house didn't leak. I'm sure they're trying to keep an 1801 house like it used to be, but if you're gonna charge $95.00 night---I expect more than pretty pictures.

Creaking bed/ poor quality sheets. Terrible towels--quality that I normally use only for rags around my house. It wasn't dirty, but gave me the creaps knowing I'm out in the country and bugs can get in. When I pulled the sheets back to inspect upon arriving, I was greeeted with a bee that evidently got trappped under the covers. Cabin had a musty smell, maybe hadn't been rented out in a while. I can see why. The only positive I see, is the rural setting. Cows wake you up--that's cool and property is very natural on a dirt road, away from traffic--it's in the country, literally. I chose this place based on location--near Stonewall and Fredericksburg for viewing the Hill country wild flowers.

Owners need to take out the door, update bathroom fixtures, put newer towels out and update bedding--then it'd be OK. Bkfst also consisted of muffins from HEB, bananas, orange juice and creamer that had expired date. Not what we expect had B&B's.

Not the best of experiences. We were warned it was country--but this was a little much! Owners don't get it.

Kay L, Manager at Country Cabins B&B, responded to this review, October 24, 2012
Since you posted your comments, we have been very busy improving Country Cabin. I'm really excited and pleased with the updating progress. We have insulated and put in wooden walls (maintaining the rustic look) in the living room. No more daylight showing through, and nice and cozy now. The back door and frame has been replaced (with a very tight fit) so no more breeze blowing through. The bath room is also being updated. We bought some fluffy white towels and also a new lavatory with cabinet. The lavatory isn't installed yet, but I'm expecting it won't be long! We have throughly treated the inside and outside cabin area for insects, so you can be alone in the cabin. We've recently poured a concrete patio area and put in metal outdoor furniture for you to relax and enjoy the great outdoors right from the cabin. Thanks for your comments that helped spur us on with important upgrades to these traditional ranch buildings. We look forward to impressing you with these very favorable results.

Solo
Business
Texas
Reviewed September 8, 2008

Stayed part of one night in their unit named Olivia's Haus.
Packed up and left at 5am due to dilapidated condition of entire house, uncomfortable bed that squeaked and groaned when you moved. Breakfast 'food' provided was a grocery store bought ring cake, bowl of low quality fruit, milk and juice.
Very run down facility. Promotional photos,descriptions, and web site are totally misleading.

Did not visit other 4 properties on their land, but I dont expect any significant improvement. I do not believe that these people have any clue as to how to run a good B&B.

Have stayed in better hunting and fishing 'camps'.

We appreciate your constructive comments so we can make Olivia's Haus more appealing and comfortable for our future guests. Since you posted your comments, we have remodeled in the kitchen, dining room, and living room. We removed all of the old cabinets in the kitchen and dining room and put in fewer new ones, this makes the two rooms more spacious. We took out the wall between the kitchen and dining room, and put in a half wall to make more counter space. We tiled the counter and also around the sink. We redecorated these two rooms in red rooster decor, very country. We put in new venetian blinds in both bedrooms, living room, and dining room. We put beaded ceilings in the living room, dining room, and part of the walls of the bathroom. The whole inside of the house was repainted and new linoleum installed on all the floors. Outside we added metal outdoor furniture. I'm sure you will enjoy the improvements. We look forward to your next visit.

Travelers are raving about these Stonewall hotels

Also consider these accommodations in or near Stonewall
Inn on Barons Creek
Hye-Way Haus Bed and Breakfast
Barons CreekSide
Barons CreekSide
#1 of 27 in Fredericksburg

Been to Country Cabins B&B? Share your experiences!