Motel 6 Stephenville
Hotwire.com
$55
Deluxe Inn(Stephenville)
TripAdvisor
See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed June 29, 2012

for $70 a night expect all locks to work and no mold on the ceiling and padding between carpet and cement foundation. the breakfast was a joke stale pastries and the milk for cereal was not cold. had to pay for a towel that i used to wipe up watered down orange soda. Do they not bleach the towels? I took towel home washed once and was white and stain free. What bs have stayed in much nicer motels and never had to pay for a towel of course they bleach and wash their towels.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank Regina q
Ravi D, General Manager at Motel 6 Stephenville, responded to this reviewResponded December 25, 2013

Please allow me this opportunity to apologize for the inconvenience you experienced about the Lock not working and carpet during your stay. I appreciate you taking the time to advise us of you dissatisfaction.

We just went thru a major renovation in the rooms and outside, all the rooms now feature brand new locks, wood style flooring and LCD TV.

When traveling through Stephenville, Texas, we hope you will give the newly renovated Motel 6 an opportunity to meet and exceed your lodging needs. You won’t be disappointed.

Ravi
Motel 6
Stephenville

Reviewed June 2, 2012

We had the misfortune to have to stay at the Magnuson (formerly Days Inn). Because Tarleton University was having graduation weekend there were no rooms available in Stephenville except here - and when we saw our room we knew why they had rooms available.

Old we can live with; filth is another story. It's a good thing we had a sleeping bag and quilt with us because there is no way we would have slept on the sheets with the comforter they had (double YUCK!!). The carpeting was dirty, towels were dirty everywhere you looked was dirty.
The "free" breakfast might as well not have been offered - it was skimpy, cheap and definitely boring. While the staff tried their best, they couldn't make up for "dirt city."

This place is in serious need of a facelift. Actually, a complete demolition might be better. You might be better off sleeping in your car.

Thankfully, we only had to stay one night before heading to September Song B&B for a most delightful stay (see review from this writer).

Sandy J.

Room Tip: Don't stay at this hotel & you'll have a good room.
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Sandy J
Reviewed May 8, 2012 via mobile

Had a change of plans and held our meeting here instead of a hotel just down the road. We were pretty demanding, but "Our Ladies of Reception" made it all happen. Moving furniture, rescheduling other events, raising our spirits with their positive energy, chiming in with their Tex/Mex humour. All were noted and appreciated.

• Stayed: April 2012
1  Thank Roadhemi
Reviewed April 21, 2012

Our stay at the Stephenville TX, Magnuson (Day's Inn) was made memorable by two incredible young ladies working the front desk. In all my travels I have never encountered more helpful, cheerful staff. Their names were Yesenia and Eloisa. Beginning with a cheerful greeting when we stepped into the door, they went above and beyond to make sure we were happy with our stay and helped us with any need we had.
The TV in our room didn't work so we told them about it at checkout. I honestly think had we told them earlier they would have personally found some way to haul another set to our room.
There were several things in the room that could have been improved, but with staff like that it was easily overlooked.
Thank you girls. We will be back.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank Beese
Reviewed April 20, 2010

This place is a disaster, especially for the price. The room smelled like mildew, and was far from clean. Then when I booked, I asked about checking out early, and they said I would not have to pay for a nights stay if I checked out that morning. Well they lied. I stayed 3 nights but paid for 5. I was down there for work, and was not sure how long I would be there, so I booked 2 extra days just in case. Do not stay at this motel!!!! You can find a much nicer place for the same money in Stephenville if you check around.

• Stayed: April 2010, traveled on business