“Front desk staff from Heaven.”

Motel 6 Stephenville
Ranked #6 of 10 Hotels in Stephenville
Reviewed May 8, 2012 via mobile

Had a change of plans and held our meeting here instead of a hotel just down the road. We were pretty demanding, but "Our Ladies of Reception" made it all happen. Moving furniture, rescheduling other events, raising our spirits with their positive energy, chiming in with their Tex/Mex humour. All were noted and appreciated.

• Stayed: April 2012
1  Thank Roadhemi
There are newer reviews for Motel 6 Stephenville

Reviewed April 21, 2012

Our stay at the Stephenville TX, Magnuson (Day's Inn) was made memorable by two incredible young ladies working the front desk. In all my travels I have never encountered more helpful, cheerful staff. Their names were Yesenia and Eloisa. Beginning with a cheerful greeting when we stepped into the door, they went above and beyond to make sure we were happy with our stay and helped us with any need we had.
The TV in our room didn't work so we told them about it at checkout. I honestly think had we told them earlier they would have personally found some way to haul another set to our room.
There were several things in the room that could have been improved, but with staff like that it was easily overlooked.
Thank you girls. We will be back.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank Beese
Reviewed April 20, 2010

This place is a disaster, especially for the price. The room smelled like mildew, and was far from clean. Then when I booked, I asked about checking out early, and they said I would not have to pay for a nights stay if I checked out that morning. Well they lied. I stayed 3 nights but paid for 5. I was down there for work, and was not sure how long I would be there, so I booked 2 extra days just in case. Do not stay at this motel!!!! You can find a much nicer place for the same money in Stephenville if you check around.

• Stayed: April 2010, traveled on business
2  Thank dannydugger
Reviewed June 24, 2009

We were in Stephenville for a family reunion which we have had for many years. We have always stayed at this motel because it's location is best to be near our reunion hall.

First of all, the room smelled like urine. We were told that there were no other rooms available due to full capacity. I have a hard time believing this as there were never that many vehicles in the parking lot--even at night.

Secondly, just about everything needs to be upgraded or replaced. The sheets on my bed were so worn that you could practically see through them. The mattress was old and offered no support. One mattress had exposed stains and a Marriott label--obviously purchased used from Marriott.

The blanket on my bed had cigarette holes burned through it and was extremely rough fabric. The towels and washcloths were stained and also very rough.

The table had a leg that fell off. Next to the table was a standing lamp with no outlet to plug it in! Several lamp shades had tears in them.

There were spider webs and spiders in the room. I killed one large jumping kind and believe me that was not fun.

This is a prime example of ripping customers off. This last stay was the worst and I would never stay at a Days Inn again if they allow motels such as this.

• Stayed: June 2009
Reviewed October 14, 2008

Called by phone to get block of rooms for girls softball team. After at least 3 of us had called and made reservations they said that they did not have any reservations for us or our team we all called back and redid the reservations and then it happened a second time which we all called back and did the reservation thing a 3rd time.. The apologized repeated for having trouble with their computer system. The week before our stay the team decided to not go to the tournament. We all called and cancelled out reservations.. and again complained about their troubled system and did not provide us with a cancellation number but good assurances that it would be taken care of...but apparently they had multiple reservations for some of us that weekend and when they cancelled our reservation they still had another one in their troubled system or they flat just didn't do it. So we were charged for this room, allegedly because we did not cancel our reservation. After much discussion with the staff it appears that they do not care if they make mistakes or charge other people for their errors. My girls team travels every other weekend, so we know the drill. I and my team will never stay in this hotel or any Days Inn ever. I do not support dishonest people. If I had failed to cancel the reservation I would gladly pay for the room. But I cancelled the room and was charged anyway. Since they feel their mistakes are mine I had to pay which I equate to stealing. Look out for this place.. find an honest establishment.

• Stayed: May 2008
1  Thank SoftballCoach12u
Reviewed October 8, 2008

Isolated from city businesses, good place for fun and business, friendly staff, clean rooms. Would highly recommend with family. Did not hike prices during hurricane rather accomodated needy evacuees with warm hearts. Manager Mrs. Boggs provided the best hospitality.

• Stayed: September 2008, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Reviewed September 5, 2008

It was horrible. The rooms, staff, brerakfast, EVERYTHING!! DONT stay here!!!

• Stayed: May 2008, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)