“2nd time in town - great BBQ”
Review of Hard Eight BBQ

Hard Eight BBQ
Ranked #1 of 74 Restaurants in Stephenville
Cuisines: Barbecue
Good for: Large groups, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Outdoor Seating
Reviewed May 10, 2013

This was the 2nd time in two years that I have been in the Dallas area and this time I was looking forward to coming back to the Hard Eight (not 8) BBQ. It was fantastic - went for dinner with a group, had several items but the best was the poppers and ribs. Had a lot of cold beer and had a great time. Would definitely recommend the Hard Eight to everyone who loves good BBQ because this is the best I've ever had and will make a point of coming here every time I'm in town.

Reviewed May 5, 2013

Hard 8 is a bbq joint that lures folks in from all around. Not only their meat, but their sides are well prepared.
Beans are to die for, pudding is to die for, and the atmosphere is awesome.
It's neat that they give you the option of sitting outside on their porch.

Reviewed May 1, 2013

This is the real thing folks. A great selection of meats, all the beans, sauce and bread you want and for a reasonable price in a great setting. I had the brisket and jalapeño sausage. Good stuff !!

Reviewed April 25, 2013

I went for lunch when I visited Tarleton State University's main campus. The food and atmosphere were great, and the price was reasonable. Only regret was that I didn't have room for a piece of pecan pie, though I did manage some blueberry cobbler (and it was good). :-)

Reviewed April 23, 2013

My husband and I visit the Hard 8 every time we are in this area. I always get the chopped turkey with Jalapeno poppers and my husband gets the brisket, or ribs. However, everything looks awesome! The atmosphere is friendly and you can eat either inside or outside.
The various "sides" and desserts are as amazing as the BBQ. You've just got to try this restaurant! You can also order "take-out".