“BEST EVER!”

Hampton Inn & Suites Stephenville
Ranked #1 of 10 Hotels in Stephenville
Reviewed May 25, 2010

I have never felt compelled to write a review until now. Stephenville's Hampton Inn is bar-none one of the best facilities in America when passing through this little Texas town. Everything down to the details of decor, FREE and FAST Wi-fi, accessories, check-in process, the comfort of the sheets, mattress, cleanliness, walk-in shower, granite counter tops, decorated bathroom was spot on and made me feel like I was in the best of Texas hospitality. The conference room was a great size w/ good lighting options for presentations. Thanks and wish I had an immediate excuse to stay again!

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled on business
1  Thank Ia_Ag_Traveler

Reviewed May 24, 2010

The photos of the hotel don't do it justice. It's a pretty hotel and they put out a good spread for breakfast. There are cookies set out for you to enjoy during the day.
It's a clean hotel and the front desk girls are nice. What was also nice, is that you can't get in thru any of the other outside doors without your door key. Finally a hotel that keeps their locks working.

My sister's family and I changed rooms...she took our two double beds...we took the king size...I think we got the better deal. Our room was huge with a sofa and a flat screen TV.

We drove in, taking the back roads...at times we felt like we were in another country...it was so beautiful...we took our time...stopping when something caught our eye.

If you want to shop for cowgirl chic...you'll love this town...from fancy boots to turquoise. The boys went to play golf and we shopped all day. We happened in on the weekend of Hico's steak cook-out...lot's of vendors and plenty of good food and wine.

We also went to Granbury...we ate at Babe's Chicken Dinner House...it's family style...I'd go for the chicken fried steak or the fried chicken it's really good...the other chicken dishes were very salty and all the veggies come floating in butter...which made everyone very happy, except for me...a waitress started singing and walking thru the place...she sang to one of the boys at our table...she had a great voice...we had a good laugh...then they started up on the Hokey Pokey and all the kids got up to take part...the town square is so cute...we parked in the middle of the square and walked to Babe's.

On the way to Granbury we saw an outside movie theater that was open...we also saw Cross Timbers Country Opry just outside of Stephenville...we didn't have time for any of those...so maybe next time.

At first glance there's not much to do in this town...but, it's just how you look at...I suggest to take it all in...adventure out...you can finally get some wear out of those boots and that hat...lots of good eating and shopping...lots of places to play golf...and then you'll have somewhere to come back to and relax in comfort...this hotel did just that for us.

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled with family
2  Thank Basques
Reviewed September 28, 2009

We stayed here last year and now that it is football season, we are back. This hotel is a great place to stay. The staff is friendly and the rooms are consistently clean. The carpets were recently cleaned as well. I continue to recommend this hotel when you are traveling to Stephenville! It's a great home away from home!

• Stayed: September 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 3, 2008

I had a overnight stay in Stephenville and although I did not spend much time in the hotel, I can say that this is a very nice property. All of the public areas and the room were very clean. Check in/out was quick and the staff was very courteous. The room (had a standard with a king bed) had a flat screen TV and down comforter and pillows making the bed extremely comfortable. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: August 2008, traveled solo
1  Thank Chris E
Reviewed July 15, 2008

Had stayed in other hotels in Stephenville and was excited to try out the newest addition. Terrific decor, great customer service and large rooms. Beds were fabulous. Continental breakfast in the morning was fairly comprehensive and definitely filling.

Something to watch out for, however, if you book a 'suite'. We booked a suite on our last trip, thinking that it would have a bedroom in one room, with a fold out couch in the other. Unfortunately, it was just one big room. Still nice - but not private.

• Stayed: March 2008, traveled with family
1  Thank bdog2005
Reviewed March 26, 2008

My family and I travelled back to the 'ville' for my grandmother's funeral, choosing to stay at a hotel, to give my mom a break from visitors. So I picked the newest hotel in town, thinking 'OK, this is gonna make things so much easier for everyone' and at the same time, having a nice place to stay so I wouldnt have to worry about things like dirty bathrooms, unwashed bedspreads, and all the hype about hotels these days.
When I walked in, I was excited. It was beautiful inside just as I had imagined. It has that home-town rustic feel that you would expect from a town like the 'ville' . I checked in,went up to see my room and was overjoyed at how beautiful it was. I was really happy to see that things had changed in my old home-town. We really can have nice hotels here afterall - is what I was thinking. It was relatively quiet, we slept well, and hurriedly got up the next morning and packed up to leave so we could make it to the family luncheon for the funeral. I remember seeing my cologne in the bathroom, remembering that my bags were packed full already (and it was a large and expensive bottle of cologne), and wondering where I was gonna pack it. somehow getting distracted, as we tend to do getting older, and forgot to go back to get my cologne, and left without it. when I got home that night and unpacked, I realized I'd left the cologne in the bathroom, panicked... and thought 'OK, this is Sville - ppl there are decent, caring, and honest'... right???
I called the hotel and told them what had happened, asking if they could put it aside so my parents could come retrieve it for me. Did they find it? NOPE. nowhere to be found. funny how it was the last thing I forgot to pack, remember it being in the bathroom, and then leaving without it. I was devastated. I begged them to look again, ask the housekeeper, anything.... as this was a very expensive bottle of cologne and almost fresh out of the new box. i gave them my name, my tele. number and prayed. Never heard from them. So this is what I think now - No matter how good it looks, on the inside and out, its the people that really make the difference between a good hotel... and a bad one. An expensive mistake I made, and a good smelling housekeeper the Hampton Inn has now.

• Stayed: January 2008, traveled with family
2  Thank milliedawn
Reviewed November 17, 2007

Finally- A great place to stay in Stephenville.

This brand new Hampton is the best place in the area. The rodeo decor makes it fit right in with the rest of the city.

The lobby and the breakfast area is neatly decorated and the tile floors are beautiful.

Beds are great, everything's clean and the big indoor pool area was a surprise to see at a hotel this size. My wife enjoyed the nice tiled shower and bathroom.

If you need to stay in Stephenville, this is your spot.

Stayed: November 2007
2  Thank KKAustin
Also consider these accommodations in or near Stephenville
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Stephenville
Americas Best Value Inn- Stephenville
Relax Inn Dublin
Relax Inn Dublin
#1 of 1 in Dublin

Been to Hampton Inn & Suites Stephenville? Share your experiences!