“Excellent place to stay”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Stephenville
September Song Bed and Breakfast
Ranked #1 of 2 Stephenville B&B and Inns
Reviewed November 10, 2013

This was our first time staying at a B&B and we couldn't have been more pleased. The surroundings are beautiful and peaceful and the whole house is filled with history. Marlene and Ed are very gracious. We couldn't have ask for anything more from our early morning coffee delivered right to our bedroom door, the privacy, excellent home cooked breakfast, and wonderful conversation. We will definitely return.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family

Reviewed August 20, 2013

A wonderful experience. Hosts were warm and interesting conversationalists, the room was very quiet and comfortable, and breakfast was perfect. An early morning riser, I especially appreciated the balcony seating and coffee service to our guest room door.

• Stayed: August 2013
Reviewed August 4, 2013

This is our second stay at September Song and it was as wonderful an experience as last year. The room is clean, roomy, comfortable, and tastefully decorated. The whole place is wonderfully decorated, each room featuring something different. The grounds are gorgeous! The owners, Ed and Marlene, are such gracious hosts. Breakfast is always delicious, and homemade. The pecan waffles are my favorite. We highly recommend this.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed July 24, 2013

My daughter and I were traveling to Stephenville for registration at Tarleton State University, and because we chose to stay with Ed and Marlene at their B&B, our business trip turned into a mini vacation! A beautiful garden surrounding the house gave us a hint of the nice things to come. Beautifully decorated, September Song is gracious, serene and delightful. The rooms are romantic and luxurious, and every detail has been anticipated - there was chilled water in a mini refrigerator, chocolates on the dresser, robes in the closet and writing paper on the desk. A tray of coffee was a welcome sight outside our door in the morning, and breakfast was delicious. Ed and Marlene joined us for coffee, and time just flew by as we chatted like old friends. I'm so happy my daughter will be living in Stephenville for a few years, giving me a reason to return to September Song!

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed July 6, 2013

Ed and Marlene...thank you so much for making our stay in Stephenville fantastic. The breakfasts were impeccable (we were so spoiled!!) and the conversation was always heartwarming. We will be back and we highly recommend September Song as a place to lay your head when traveling to the area.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed September 16, 2012

My husband and I decided to stay at September Song on a whim. We had visited Fossil Rim Wildlife Center and were at Bluff Dale Vineyard when we decided to spend the night. I was surprised to get the room as we called after 6:00pm. We were greeted at the door by Marlene and immediately invited in for a glass of wine and an impromptu happy hour with the other guests. The room was nicely decorated and just as nice as any hotel room. There was coffe and juice waiting outside our room in the morning. Breakfast was fantastic. We had homemade wild blueberry pancakes (the best pancakes we have ever had and Marlene even gave me the recipe), fruit salad and bacon. Ed and Marlene have really taken the time to turn their home into a wonderful B&B and are some of the friendliest and most interesting people we have ever met. We definitely recommend staying there any time you are in the Stephenville area. We will definitely be going back!

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 28, 2012

I arrived hot, dusty, beat tired from 12 hrs on the road. Marlene and Ed graciously met me with instant friendship. Their B&B is also their home as evident by the many framed pictures lining the walls of the wide staircase to my "Western Sage" themed room. My room boasted a private shower, TV, apt sized refrigerator stocked with beverages, and old west furnishings. This included an antique double wardrobe vs a closet. One felt very "Texas" The grounds are landscaped in Texas flora with beautiful flowering trees. The back balcony provided a upper level view of the winged neighbors which included a mated pair of hawks who perched on a back yard tree.
Marlene is the ultimate hostess, very kind and willing to provide my requests. (Ah. an iron and ironing board?) Chuckling.. She set it up in the spacious kitchen, just as I would have at home. I loved it! Ed is quite the accomplished guitarist who's talent I had over heard when he was practicing.
This is my first trip to Texas, and the experience was heightened by the Christian caring shown by this couple. I very much enjoyed my stay and I hope to have an excuse to return to Texas, and their B&B again.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled solo