“Great Food and Fun”

Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations, Seating, Waitstaff
Kerrville, Texas
“Great Food and Fun”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 5, 2013

The food is great and the ambiance is truly Texas. Our last visit marked the 1 year anniversary of the opening of the Silver Dollar and the entertainment was a branding. Folks were having their brands seared into the walls. Unforgettable.

Visited June 2013

Dallas, Texas
“Amazing Rancher's Breakfast”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 7, 2013

I had the Rancher's breakfast at the silver dollar steakhouse and it was fantastic. Homeade sausage patties, biscuits and campground styled scrambled eggs. The staff was very friendly and warm.

Visited October 2013
Granbury, Texas
“Farout but worth the trip”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 11, 2013

When it comes to having a great steak in a very rustic setting the Sliver Dollar Steakhouse at The Hideaway Ranch in Glen Rose/Bluff Dale TX fits the bill.

The steak is cooked on the back porch of the Steakhouse on hard wood in large open iron
smokers and served in a real western stile dinning room. The service is great and the owner is on hand to ensure everything goes well.

They have built a full scale Western Town complete with a jail / undertaker / General Store and of course the Steakhouse. Be sure to go around back and see the Long Horns and the horses.
Hope to visit The Hideaway Ranch to take advantage of all it offers for a great weekend away.

Take the time to visit id you are looking for a great steak served in a great place.

• Visited August 2013
1 Thank gregg t
Stephenville, Texas
“Needs A Little Tweaking”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 5, 2013

I was excited to eat here. I'd heard really great things from friends about this restaurant. So, I'll start with what's great about it - the steak. We ordered the filet mignon. It was cooked as we ordered it. It was tender. It was delicious. The salad was fresh and had homemade buttermilk dressing. There were complimentary chips and hot sauce to munch on while we waited for the meal. The decor is country and the building is part of a group that has been built to look like a pioneer town. The drive out to the country is pleasant.
But, all was not great. Chips and drinks were brought promptly, but then they seemed to forget to take our order. We began to wonder if they really had forgotten us. There are only 4 choices for sides, pinto beans, a pepper & squash skewer, french fries, or baked potato. I would like to see more choices. No bread is offered with the meal. Our meal came and I asked for steak sauce, but they only have ketchup. My husband's fries were so cold he couldn't eat them. We were almost through with our meal before anyone asked if everything was okay. My husband who NEVER complains at a restaurant did let the hostess know the fries were cold. She offered to bring more, but as we were about through eating, he declined. Then, we ordered peach cobbler for dessert. It was homemade with a rolled crust. But, it was served cold right out of the fridge. I don't know which was colder, the ice cream or the cobbler. Cobbler should be served warm. I really think dessert should have been comped as the fries were inedible.I won't be rushing back, but I will eventually give them another try.

• Visited July 2013
2 Thank ctrussel
Round Rock, Texas
“Wonderful food & great people!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 1, 2013

My family recently stayed at "The Hideaway" and were delighted to see they had a restaurant on premises. It was fabulous!! We ate dinner there twice and breakfast once.
On the first night the staff greeted us in a very friendly way. The steaks at dinner that night were tender, juicy, spiced perfectly and cooked to perfection. My son had a cheeseburger that melted in his mouth. We had brought our own wine which the wonderful staff opened for us and my husband and I got to drink it in peace as our son went outside to play on the playscape with the other kids and talk to the goats, pigs and chickens in the paddock!! Awesome!!
We had breakfast there the next morning and it was equally wonderful......best homemade biscuits I've tasted
The second night my son & husband went for the same again which was again superb! I had the chicken with a green chile sauce and it was great.
Both nights we had the sapodilla cheesecake for dessert...Yummm!!
All in all a wonderful place with great people and in a beautiful setting!!

• Visited July 2013