Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Stephenville
Ranked #3 of 10 Hotels in Stephenville
Dallas, Texas
“A mess.”
Reviewed May 22, 2014

When we checked in, we were told that the hotel had been struck by lightning the night before and the elevators were out... and here are your keys for rooms on the 3rd and 4th floors. "Don't worry," they said, "it will be fixed in the morning and we can manually operate the elevator for you" As our stay went on, the elevator did not get fixed, not the next morning as promised, not the next afternoon, as promised, not even after "the elevator repair guys are driving in from Abilene and it takes them 5 hours but when they get here it will be fixed." True, if you happened to catch the right employee with the elevator key, you could get a lift. But who has time to chase that guy down? And while I'm physically able to walk the stairs, it's obviously a pain for those with luggage, older guests, and those staying by the stair doors which bang loudly every time someone wants to go for a smoke. A simple note from hotel management, with a number to call for elevator assistance would have been great, but probably too logical.

Beyond the elevator debacle (which I don't really blame the hotel for, just the way it was handled and how information was shared), there was a fire alarm dangling by wires in one room, a wobbly door lock that could have been busted open by a determined toddler, and check out complications.

Would I stay here again? I'll be honest. There are not a lot of options in Stephenville. This could be the best choice, but that doesn't mean there isn't room for improvement.

Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank nohatein08
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Stephenville, responded to this review, June 7, 2014
Dear nohatein08,

Thank you for staying and taking time to post your honest review. I regret to hear that we have fallen short on setting proper expectations about the estimated time of repair for our elevators. Please accept our sincere apologies for any inconvenience you may have experienced. I have shared your comments with our hotel management for the purpose of bringing improvement on our service to avoid the same situation from happening in the future.

I hope you give us a chance to host you again in the future and give you the best hotel experience that you can have.

Faith R
IHGCare

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Victoria, Texas
Reviewed May 13, 2014

Very nice hotel. Nice people, quiet and clean! Had a little problem finding it because I was not familiar with area. Called hotel and gentleman at the desk gave me turn by turn directions to get there.. Only disappointment was not given the usual bottle of water and snack at check in.

Room Tip: Back side is very quiet!
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
Kerrville, Texas
Reviewed April 30, 2014 via mobile

Check-in was friendly and efficient, although one of the room key cards didn't work. The room was clean and in good condition, except for some persistent mold in the silicone seal on the bathtub rim. The standard HI Express breakfast was well-delivered.

Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Stephenville, responded to this review, May 15, 2014
Dear David G,

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave us your feedback. Your comments are highly valuable to us and will assist us in our continuous efforts to maintain and improve the service level we aim for. I am pleased to know that you had a satisfactory stay at our hotel and appreciate your compliments regarding our rooms clean and good condition and breakfast well delivered. I appreciate feedback that we receive, whether positive and negative to ensure we provide the best level of service and facilities that we can give to our guests. Thank you again for your review and I hope to have an opportunity of welcoming you back again soon.

Krysllin G.
Gustine, Texas, United States
Reviewed March 24, 2014 via mobile

My girlfriend and myself had a weekend full of refreshing events planned this past weekend which turned out great. Our original place turned us away at the last minute so we needed to find a place to stay that night. I pulled out my phone and found this hotel. My first initial thought was the prices was a tad rich for my blood. However here is our likes and dislikes of our stay.

Liked:
The room was extremely clean and the A/C was set to a very comfortable temperature (only changed it once).
The Fridge was already ice cold which was an excellent chance from normal hotel rooms (usually aren't even on).
The restroom was also well lit and extremely clean. We also really enjoyed the shower and the shower head was very relaxing.

Dislikes:
The bed didn't seem to have an actual comforter which was a bit odd. The bed however does have a few sheets which one was a lot heavier than the rest. Although my girlfriend is a bit cold in natured so she didn't like that. She also suffers from Migraine headaches which leads to our next issue.
The heavy curtains don't close over the window. They seem just for show and the lighter see thru curtains are the only ones that actually shut over the window allowing a LOT of light into the room. I asked for a second "Blanket" which again was extremely light. I threw it over the curtain rail to cover the light (which worked well enough). However even with the blanket over the window I found it extremely hard to stay asleep with the amount of light shining through.
For the price of admission I would have thought there would be "actual" hand soap and body wash. However it was just the cheap run of the mill soaps which made our skin extremely dry and icky.
The Internet wasn't working at all during our stay which was a huge let down. I never really care much for hotel television and usually refer to my iPad for visual entertainment. We weren't the only person to complain about it but the front desk employee was very courteous and apologized.

We didn't really use the microwave or television. Nor did we attend breakfast or the pool since the weather was so bad. Ultimately I give this a 3/5 because of all of this. If I had received some sort of discount I would have easily knocked it up to a 4 but like I said I already prepaid online.

Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Stephenville, responded to this review, April 10, 2014
Dear Scott M,

Thank you for writing a review about your recent stay with us. It's great to hear that you liked the level of cleanliness in our rooms. We work diligently to ensure our facilities are well maintained and we try our hardest to provide not just good value, but comfortable, clean and friendly accommodations. It sounds like we failed to meet your expectations with regard to the quality of bedding, bathroom amenities and internet connection. I am sorry about the problem you encountered with window curtains. Please accept our sincere apologies for any inconvenience or discomfort it may have caused you. The feedback we receive from our valued guests, like you, enables us to target problem areas. If there is anything we can do to make your next stay more comfortable, please do not hesitate to ask the Manager on Duty.

While we understand that your stay was not 100% satisfactory, we hope that you would give us another chance to make your stay as best as it can be.

Lera P
Buda, Texas
Reviewed January 20, 2014

The hotel rooms are very clean and the staff is very friendly. The breakfast was good as well and I will be staying there again. The location is good as well. They even gave me free bottle water which I thought was nice.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with friends
Texas
Reviewed January 15, 2014

The room AND bathroom were both clean and spacious. Breakfast was great. We usually stay at another hotel while in Stephenville, but decided to give this one a try because we thought there was an indoor pool. We were wrong, but it was fine. The pool is covered, but not heated. Kids were disappointed, but they got over it. This hotel had a much better breakfast and appears to be well kept up. The staff was very friendly, especially Marcus. The beds were comfortable and clean. We had a pleasant stay and will continue to stay with Holiday Inn Express.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
stepehnc
Reviewed January 14, 2014

The lobby smells wonderful and the breakfast was more than enough for us. Clean hotel and friendly staff made our stay enjoyable. We came for new years to visit friends in town and had a nice suite upgrade, we will be returning on our trips to Stepehnville in the future!

Room Tip: Higher floors quiet, decent view of texas countryside on the back of the hotel.
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Stephenville
Hampton Inn & Suites Stephenville
Hico Hills Inn
Hico Hills Inn
#2 of 2 in Hico
Americas Best Value Inn- Stephenville

Been to Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Stephenville? Share your experiences!