“My 'go to' little slice of Mexico....”

Eduardo's Mexican Restaurant
Ranked #22 of 98 Restaurants in Stafford
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed July 9, 2014

I've enjoyed Eduardo's welcoming unassuming atmosphere for years and they have always served consistently authentic reasonably priced Mexican fare. A favorite pastime is to grab a quick bite while catching a sports game on the many flat-screen TV's.

My favorite go-to dish has to be their cheese enchiladas con cebollas extra (diced onions on top), and they do not disappoint. The wait staff know me by now and always substitute charro beans for re-fried, as is my custom. Never a charge for this slight substitution (not that I would expect to be charged, but these days one never knows).

The arroz (rice) is authentic and lightly seasoned, as one would expect. My only issue is that there is not an 'ama de la casa' on-site to make hand-home-made tortillas; they appear to be mass produced maybe from a local tortillaria (tortilla {bread} store), but I can live with that; they are certainly tasty and not the least bit bland. I also enjoy the chips that appear at my table almost as quickly as I sit down, along with the salsa; not too hot but by no means bland.

Eduardo's is reasonably priced and family owned. They are closed on Sundays. A good assortment of Aguas Frescas, beer and a pretty decent margarita if I might say so. Ample well-lit parking out front as they are located in a former Kroger shopping center on the SW corner of Murphy Road (aka FM 1092) and South Main Street, adjacent to a Frost Bank.

Buen provecho!

1  Thank LonestarGumby

Reviewed May 12, 2014

I attended a kid's birthday party at Eduardo's Restaurant this past weekend and the waiter put my kids bill on my tab when it was suppose to go on the hostess bill. After I paid the bill, the hostess asked me if I had paid for the girls because I was suppose to only pay for myself. I tried to get the situation rectified and have my kids portion refunded and the waiter and owner both told me no. The hostess even asked the waiter after the party if he had included all of the girls on her tab and he lied and told her, "yes". The owner is very rude!!! WARNING- LOOK AT YOUR BILL CLOSELY BEFORE PAYING!!! Also, the food may be cheap, but it tastes horrible.

Reviewed February 7, 2014

WE had be in and out of the Huston area for the last 3 months- we where just driving oust the area and it was lunch time- we saw this non fancy looking Mexican restaurant with its parking lot overflowing - we said lets try this place - we where greeted as soon as we walked in and told they were clearing a table now-there chips and sauce were great- we had there specials beans- rice
and 2 tacos- the best we had ever had- wish we lived closer to this place

Reviewed December 31, 2013

We came here because of the reviews, but when we drove up there were only 2 cars in the parking lot so we were a little scared. We went in and there was nothing special about the decor - just basic Mexican restaurant look and one table of people in the restaurant. We were instantly met and seated in a booth. The booth was next to the window and you could feel the coldness coming through the window. The service was great. Enchiladas and a few other things were recommended. I tried the beef fajita enchiladas. The plate came out and again it was your standard looking Mexican plate. But oh my goodness - the beef was so tender and flavorful. The gravy had flavor and wasn't greasy. The rice was good too. The enchiladas were delicious. I just kept commenting to my husband on how awesome the beef was! The tacos al carbon that my husband had was good and flavorful. We will be back for sure!!

Reviewed February 10, 2013

Have eaten here for years, through several owners, though apparently all "in the family". Friendly, good food, reasonable prices. Will continue to go there at least monthly.

Been to Eduardo's Mexican Restaurant? Share your experiences!