“Located in a quiet area”

Sleep Inn & Suites Stafford
Ranked #9 of 17 Hotels in Stafford
Reviewed October 11, 2012

This hotel is located a few blocks from the freeway in a quiet area populated by apartment complexes and light industrial.

Our king handicap room had a microwave, refrigerator, coffee and wi-fi. Not only was our room clean, but the whole hotel was exceptionally clean. The tile floors were shiny bright! The hot breakfast was a step above most comparable hotels. The especially tasty cheesy eggs were accompanied by smoky sausage, boiled eggs, waffles, yogurt, coffee, tea, bakery, orange juice, cereal and packaged oatmeal.

Fitness Center: Two out of three pieces of the equipment in the fitness center were not operational.
Though I knew the pool was not open, I stepped out the door to go peek in the window to see the pool. When I tried to get back in, my room key did not open the door. There was no way to contact the desk. I had to wait for a passerby to open the door from the inside.

Business Center: One of the two computers was set up in a German operating system. When I called that to the attention of the desk clerk, she found someone to get the computer operational in English. The other computer in the room was operating so slow that it was unusable.
There were two buckets sitting in the middle of the floor catching water leaks.

About 2:00 a.m., our sleep was interrupted by a fire alarm. As I ran down the hall towards to exit, I could smell smoke and burnt toast. The staff stated it was a false alarm.

If I'm ever in the Sugarland/Stafford area again, I will definitely rebook because of this hotel's cleanliness and quietness....(Well, quiet, except for the fire alarm :)

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends
D'Andre H, General Manager at Sleep Inn & Suites Stafford, responded to this reviewResponded October 29, 2012

I'm so please you enjoyed your recent stay with us for the exception of the false alarm. It is truly our pleasure to have you stay with us. If there is anything you need please let us know. We look forward to seeig you on your next visit. Thanks again!

Reviewed August 23, 2012

Don't pay attention to customer's request...even as simple as the coffee maker needs to be refilled in the breakfast lobby...during breakfast hours!

Also, did not get greeted when walked in, apparently keeping your head down and doing paperwork at the front desk is more important than a simple smile or "hello"

Nothing worth wanting us to do business with Sleep Inn particularly.

• Stayed: August 2012
D'Andre H, General Manager at Sleep Inn & Suites Stafford, responded to this reviewResponded August 26, 2012

Thank you for informing me of your recently stay experience all of the information was greatly appreciated and helpful in making the property better.

Reviewed August 19, 2012

This hotel has been way more than we expected based on online reviews. The lobby and dining area is nice, the desk staff was very friendly, the room was way bigger than what we expected, and the bed was incredibly comfy. The room was even more upgraded than we expected with a newer microwave, mini fridge and a flat screen TV (as opposed to the old school TV in pictures). The reason that they get two stars deducted is because of the room cleanliness; they could use to focus on picking up from the last tenant better. Items found: beer can, old styrofoam fountain drink cup, a sock on the chair, bar of soap in shower (with hairs-gross!), and (even more gross) a half used bottle of lotion on the bedside table. This took our great experience from 5 stars to 3. We plan on doing another mini staycation here again, but we are hoping they will clean up better!

• Stayed: August 2012
D'Andre H, General Manager at Sleep Inn & Suites Stafford, responded to this reviewResponded August 24, 2012

Thank you for your continued business and i apologize for you having been checked into a room that was not verified ready to rent. I assure you it won't happen again.

Reviewed July 27, 2012

We stayed here for 2 nights very recently. The room was great, the bed was very comfortable & the bathroom was fine. The staff members that we encountered were very helpful. The only drawback was that the air blowing out of the air conditioning unit smelled musty/moldy. Maybe it was because I'd booked a smoking room. Will stay here again with no hesitation, just in a different room.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
D'Andre H, General Manager at Sleep Inn & Suites Stafford, responded to this reviewResponded August 9, 2012

Thanks for your wonderful comments and we look forward to seeing you again soon.

Reviewed March 22, 2012

We were at this hotel for 3 days, and I must say we were impressed with everything we experienced. Staff on all 3 shifts were very helpful and friendly. On last day, I forgot my valuables in lobby, I called hotel, gentleman on night shift made sure I get everything in one piece at my home which I did.I truly admire employees honesty and their integrity.Very peaceful location.
We thank you everyone at this hotel, and we will not hesitate to come and stay there again or recommend this hotel to anyone.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled with family
4  Thank sidnamshe1
Management response:Responded July 15, 2012

I'm pleased your trip turned out to be wonderful. We are here to make sure your loding experience is a great one. We thank you and hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed January 30, 2012

We normally stay at the Comfort Inn and Suites next to the Sleep Sleep Inn.
On this trip we thought a change  in our accommodation would be something
new.  This was a big mistake.
Upon arrival  we checked into our room and things started to go down hill.
We started to unpack our stuff and after about 5 minutes the power went out in our room.  We went to the desk and explained to herabout the problem.  The desk was very helpful  and we were given an adjacent room and
also given a $20 credit on our first night stay which I thought was very nice and it was. Things were looking good at this point.  This was day 1.
On day 2 we had the included breakfast which was ok.  We left for the day around 12:30 pm.  I removed the Do Not Disturb Sign and told the housekeeper we were leaving and the room was ready for service.
We came back to our room around 10:30 pm to get some sleep.  I opened the door and  to my suprise our room had not been touched.  I then went to the desk and was given towels  and wash clothes.  I was not a happy camper at this point.  The desk person was nice but could not figure out the problem and apologized.  My wife asked to speak to the the manager and she said he was unavailable.  The desk clerk said that she would call him and have him call her on her cell phone.  The return call never happened.
On day 3 everything was just as it should have been this was a welcome relief.
The next morning on check out we had a problem with the bill.  The clerk had no record of the $20 credit for the 1st night.  After we explained and about 15 minutes later things were resolved.  It seems to me that the management of this property has some definite employee issues.
We were really glad to get out of this hotel and put it behind us.
We will be staying at the sister property Comfort Suites on our next trip.

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled with family
Management response:Responded July 15, 2012

This is my first time hearing of these issues but I assure you all staff issues have been resolved. I sincerely hope that you will give us another chance to prove to you that we are the best of the best. Thanks Again

Reviewed January 2, 2012

I've stayed at many Choice hotels and the Sleep Inn at Stafford is in a class apart. The lobby and reception area, with cathedral high ceilings and quality furnishings is comparable to any four star facility. Even the luggage trolleys are quality grade! Our room with king bed was tastefully decorated, the bed was comfortable, the towels soft and white and the washroom clean. The fridge was on the small size and needed defrosting, but not a major issue. Breakfast with hot scrambled eggs, sausage, cereals, fruit etc was most enjoyable and the breakfast area is delightful. There are several restaurants close by and some within walking distance. We went to one called 'American Buffet' but it was pretty dismal and I suggest you give it a wide miss! This particular Sleep Inn though is one not to miss!.

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled as a couple
Management response:Responded July 15, 2012

We are so pleased you enjoyed everything at the hotel. Be sure and check out the Manager's Reception for free drinks and snacks on your next visit.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Stafford
La Quinta Inn & Suites Houston Stafford Sugarland
Comfort Suites Stafford
Comfort Suites Stafford
#4 of 17 in Stafford
Home2 Suites by Hilton Houston Stafford
Extended Stay America - Houston - Sugar Land
Extended Stay America - Houston - Stafford
Courtyard Houston Sugar Land

Been to Sleep Inn & Suites Stafford? Share your experiences!