“Not Again”

Ranked #6 of 17 Hotels in Stafford
Fort Worth, Texas
“Not Again”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 30, 2012

We normally stay at the Comfort Inn and Suites next to the Sleep Sleep Inn.
On this trip we thought a change  in our accommodation would be something
new.  This was a big mistake.
Upon arrival  we checked into our room and things started to go down hill.
We started to unpack our stuff and after about 5 minutes the power went out in our room.  We went to the desk and explained to herabout the problem.  The desk was very helpful  and we were given an adjacent room and
also given a $20 credit on our first night stay which I thought was very nice and it was. Things were looking good at this point.  This was day 1.
On day 2 we had the included breakfast which was ok.  We left for the day around 12:30 pm.  I removed the Do Not Disturb Sign and told the housekeeper we were leaving and the room was ready for service.
We came back to our room around 10:30 pm to get some sleep.  I opened the door and  to my suprise our room had not been touched.  I then went to the desk and was given towels  and wash clothes.  I was not a happy camper at this point.  The desk person was nice but could not figure out the problem and apologized.  My wife asked to speak to the the manager and she said he was unavailable.  The desk clerk said that she would call him and have him call her on her cell phone.  The return call never happened.
On day 3 everything was just as it should have been this was a welcome relief.
The next morning on check out we had a problem with the bill.  The clerk had no record of the $20 credit for the 1st night.  After we explained and about 15 minutes later things were resolved.  It seems to me that the management of this property has some definite employee issues.
We were really glad to get out of this hotel and put it behind us.
We will be staying at the sister property Comfort Suites on our next trip.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled with family
, General Manager at Sleep Inn & Suites Stafford, responded to this review, July 15, 2012
This is my first time hearing of these issues but I assure you all staff issues have been resolved. I sincerely hope that you will give us another chance to prove to you that we are the best of the best. Thanks Again

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Toronto, Ontario
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 2, 2012

I've stayed at many Choice hotels and the Sleep Inn at Stafford is in a class apart. The lobby and reception area, with cathedral high ceilings and quality furnishings is comparable to any four star facility. Even the luggage trolleys are quality grade! Our room with king bed was tastefully decorated, the bed was comfortable, the towels soft and white and the washroom clean. The fridge was on the small size and needed defrosting, but not a major issue. Breakfast with hot scrambled eggs, sausage, cereals, fruit etc was most enjoyable and the breakfast area is delightful. There are several restaurants close by and some within walking distance. We went to one called 'American Buffet' but it was pretty dismal and I suggest you give it a wide miss! This particular Sleep Inn though is one not to miss!.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple
We are so pleased you enjoyed everything at the hotel. Be sure and check out the Manager's Reception for free drinks and snacks on your next visit.
Corpus Christi, Texas, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 20, 2011

This hotel is great the rooms are great, the food is great and the people are nice. Have stayed here several times and I would reccommend this hotel to all. Inside pool which is great to. Not many people quiet also. Dont miss out on this hotel. Great

Terrells

Room Tip: they all are great, have never had a problem
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
Thank you for allowing us to meet your needs. should you ever need anything please let us know.
McPherson
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 10, 2011

This is a nice hotel with plenty of restaurants and shops nearby. I would highly recommend this property to friends. the fitness room is small but it works.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled with family
Thanks for staying we us we appreciate your business.
Elmhurst,IL
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 31, 2011

I searched for a reasonably priced hotel in SW Houston and found this one. Great price with AAA discount, hot breakfast ready at 6 am, and friendly responsive desk personnel. Free wi- fi, frig and microwave in room. Quiet area. Easy access to Rt 59.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled on business
Thanks for the kind words we look forward to seeing you soon.
Dallas, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 9, 2011

I stayed at the hotel for a business meeting that was being held in Sugarland. The location to Sugarland is great. The hotel was very clean and the staff was very friendly and helpful. They should have more breakfast variety but overall I recommend Sleep Inn to anyone young or old. I even added another day because I was at peace. Very quiet and soothing.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled on business
2 Thank HarrisTravelAgency
Since you've been away we have added more HOT breakfast items for you to choose from. Be sure and check them out on your next visit.
Fayetteville, AR
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 22, 2010

This is a very nice upscale hotel. I had a couple of problems which may be unique to my room, which lead to my low rating. The hotel appears to be clean and well managed. Everything seemed great until I got out of my bed. There was a leak (from the bathtub), and the carpetting on one side of the bed was very wet. The room did not stink. In addition, the computer service in the business center was poor. On the positive side the breakfast was much above average. I reported the wet carpet to the desk and they assured me that the problem would be corrected.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled with family
1 Thank TOG11
The busted pipe inside the wall has been corrected. We thank you and await your next visit.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Stafford
Comfort Suites Sugar Land
Comfort Suites Sugar Land
#2 of 17 in Stafford
Homewood Suites by Hilton Houston Stafford Sugar Land
Hampton Inn Houston Stafford
Hyatt Place Houston/Sugar Land
Staybridge Suites Houston Stafford
Drury Inn & Suites Houston Sugar Land

Been to Sleep Inn & Suites Stafford? Share your experiences!