“Great food, great brew” 5 of 5 bubbles

Dining options: Seating, Waitstaff
Houston, Texas, United States
“Great food, great brew”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 18, 2013

This place has a great selection of local craft beers and the food is great. The menu is not overwhelming with simple selections. This is what I want from a place like this. The food was brought out hot and tasted good. Service is a tad slow but good nonetheless. The folks are friendly and a lot of times you meet the owner as he comes around checking on things. Quickly becoming a local favorite of my wife and I.

• Visited June 2013
    • 4 of 5 bubbles

“You've been someplace like this before”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 5, 2013

Good but not extraordinary selection of draft beers. Waitstaff was friendly and helpful and food was okay. Ambiance is nothing to write home about and the 2 times I went during a week long business trip it was virtually empty...maybe its different on weekends.

Visited June 2013
Houston, Texas
“Nice sports bar”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 15, 2012

If you want to hang out a cool place and chill with some pretty decent food and good beer this is the place to go.

• Visited July 2012
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Florence, Italy
“Nice fun place”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 14, 2012

Its a fun place where to go spend time with friends and watch some sport. Its real nice outside also, with a nice view of Houston

Visited October 2011
Houston, Texas
“Terible service”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 9, 2012

I have been going to Sam's Boat pretty much once a week and sometimes more to watch sporting events and have a beer and burger but after this last visit, I will be going elsewhere . Our watress on Saturday night, July 7th was Raquel, a petite black girl. Although friendly, her service was the worse ever. My friend and I ordered a pitcher of beer, burger, and chicken fingers. We got the food before the beer. It was busy but no excuse, we were ten feet from the bar. When she finally brought the beer she forgot the glasses. After asking her twice, we finally went to the bar and got our own glasses. My friend had ordered his burger with onion rings which she stated was an extra .95 cents. She forgot the onion rings and brought fries, after 15 min. and telling her about it twice she finally brought the onion rings. When we asked for a box for the food to go - we had to ask 3 times before she finally brought it. When it came time for the bill, she over charged us $8.00 on our $30 bill, adding an extra beer we didn't order and a $4.95 charge for the onion rings. We told her about it and waited another 10-15 minutes to finally get the bill taken care of. But she also decided she might not get a good tip, so she added a 15% tip for herself. Never heard of a wattress adding tips on service for 2 people and it has never happened there before even when 4 of us were there. This will be the last time I go there. I did see two other very unhappy customers of hers waiting for their bills - hope they checked it closely.

• Visited July 2012