“Lobster & Brochette Heaven”

Pappadeaux Seafood Kitchen
Ranked #1 of 96 Restaurants in Stafford
Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
“Lobster & Brochette Heaven”
Reviewed June 23, 2014

Great tasting specials, service was a little slow for the amount of customers they had. I always eat too much but, this is not their fault.

Visited June 2014

Adrian, Michigan
1,302 restaurant reviews
“Very Good for Lunch”
Reviewed June 14, 2014

We found this to be a very good spot for a business lunch. On this occasion, my colleagues and I were meeting a consultant for an important business discussion. He suggested Pappadeaux. One of my colleagues who accompanied me was a big fan so it made the choice a no-brainer. I generally had a positive impression when all was said and done but there was a drawback or two. This is part of a super regional chain (mostly localized in Texas and the Southwest with a few locations here and there elsewhere in the country). It is a cousin of Pappasito's as well as a few other brands. The exterior and interior of the restaurant were nicely done and the seating area was VERY spacious. This was fortuitous for us as we were able to get a spot in the back that was quiet for a while before the lunch rush peaked. Our server attended to us quickly and was friendly and reasonably attentive throughout our visit. Seafood is the general specialty here and we all went with the theme. I tried the blackened catfish and opted for the asparagus as an accompaniment. I found it to be very enjoyable. My colleague had the shrimp and our guest had one of the crawfish combos which they both reported to be tasty. The one major negative was my other colleague who was on a gluten-free regimen. He ordered the scallops and, while they tasted fine, the portion was quite inadequate. The prices here were not cheap but were probably OK when all was taken into consideration. Overall, this is a pretty good spot for Cajun-style seafood and is worth a try if you like that sort of cuisine.

• Visited June 2014
Houston, Texas
“Disappointing”
Reviewed June 8, 2014

We normally love going to Pappadeux's, but this trip was a bit of a letdown. We expected a wait and crowds, but I wasn't expecting to be crammed into a table where we wouldn't be able to move. I was scooted in as close as I possibly could be to our table, but the fidgety woman seated at the table behind me was equally jammed in and kept slamming me into our table. My ribs will never be the same. And it wouldn't have been an issue if there was more spacing between tables.

We also had some service issues. Two members in our party ordered grilled soft shelled crabs over dirty rice. They were both given fried crabs over French fries. On top of that, I had a cup of gumbo and had to ask 3 different people over the course of 10 minutes for a spoon. We also were never offered dessert. Mind you, we weren't planning on it, but I've never had them not offer us dessert.

Speaking of that gumbo...it was awful. It tasted like they burned the roux during prep. I thought maybe it was a one time thing, but a member in our party got it last time and it had a similar bad burned taste. I know everyone's gumbo is different, but there's no excuse for an obvious burned taste.

Beyond that- the manager did try to correct the soft shelled crab double blunder...so that was positive. My crab cakes were also good, my husband's fish was good, the kids loved their shrimp and fish, and the Greek salad for 2 that my parents got was good.

Sadly, after many great years of dining here, I think we're going to skip it for a long time due to this visit.

Visited June 2014
Sherwood Park, Canada
“A bit overpriced”
Reviewed June 1, 2014

On a recent Sunday, we wanted to check out a reliable seafood place. Although repair works are underway outside in the parking area, there was room to park. Even though we had a new waitress, she managed fine. The fish special was a swordfish which was very tasty. We started with the goat cheese bruscetta, which was also very good. The only negative is that the prices have crept up over the years. 1 app, 2 fish dinners, and a reasonable bottle of white wine was $130. Too much $$ for what we received.

• Visited May 2014
Stafford, Texas
“What happened last night?”
Reviewed May 31, 2014

This location is my friday night spot, I went by around 9:30pm last night and the place was CLOSED. Unusual, please do not do this again, I ended up eating somewhere else.

HOPE ALL IS WELL!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Visited May 2014