“convenient location, but....”

Extended Stay America - Houston - Stafford
Ranked #11 of 17 Hotels in Stafford
Reviewed March 9, 2014

We stay at these ESA all the time. They all vary, but this one does have a bug problem. Our room was okay , the furniture did look very used, especially the sofa /stained. I always check under my sheets no matter if its a 3/5 star hotel . What a surprise to see the mattress cover that was stained and had someone else's hair woven into the fibers. They did bring me clean linens when I showed it to them but.... That's sooo GROSS !! bathrooms had a moldy smell. there are other ESA's in the area fairly close by , the real one's with everything indoor. I would try another one. I saw drug dealing and prostitution going on. I guess those people live at the hotel. Lots of unwatched children running around. They were nice kids but... dontcha think at a hotel, where any predator could be.!!! They would keep a better eye on them. very sad ! : ( So It's close to a walmart and many restaurants and a gas station . Also close to a shopping strip mall . most of the staff were nice.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business

Reviewed February 5, 2014

I felt like I was staying at the bates motel. Filthy curtains, carpet, and bedspread. I had to wear socks the entire time I was in the room. Everything but the sheets had stains on them. Absolutely gross. I wouldn't ever recommend this place. Avoid at all costs.

Room Tip: Go somewhere else
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Houston - Stafford, responded to this reviewResponded February 7, 2014

I appreciate you taking the time to write a review of your experience with us. I am sorry to hear that the cleanliness of your room did not meet your expectations. As this hotel’s manager, I can assure you that I have met with our housekeeping staff to ensure your experience is not repeated.

If you would like to discuss this further, please do not hesitate to contact me at hsf@extendedstay.com We hope that you will give us the opportunity to provide you with a better stay the next time you’re in the area.

Reviewed December 27, 2013

This is a real review that is not being posted by an angry customer but someone who would like to make others aware of what they are getting into. My room had many roaches. Staff was amazing but roaches!??! now i see reviews for bed bugs....I hope I did not bring any home. Upon checkout staff member told me they were aware of the roaches. Also, this resembles a motel not a hotel! All doors lead to the outside. Ruined my Christmas vacation with my husband. Hotwire gave us this room. i have stayed in 2 star hotels and had a awesome room but this was disgusting.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed December 16, 2013

Filthy disgusting rooms. Go anywhere but here. Furniture is old and worn. Carpeting has never been clean, bugs everywhere. It's so loud at all times you can never get a good night sleep and employees are very rude!

• Stayed: June 2013
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Houston - Stafford, responded to this reviewResponded December 20, 2013

I appreciate you taking the time to write a review of your experience with us. I am so disappointed that your room was cleaned properly. Please accept my apology. In response to your feedback, I am working with the housekeepers and maintenance to make sure this matter doesn't happen again. Also, we are excited to share that we are in the process of updating our furniture.

Thank you very much for providing us with your feedback. I invite you to contact me, at hsf@extendedstay.com, if you have any additional comments. We hope that you will give us the opportunity to provide you with a better stay the next time you're in the area.

Reviewed December 15, 2013

Where to begin. Staff is amazing but this bedbug issue is out of their hands! This place needs to be condemned its absolutely disgusting. We've been moved three different rooms, all with bedbugs, were being eaten alive. Our first room flooded which ruined my clothing. They allow prostitutes to live here... One of them was my neighbor. There's drug dealing going on. Don't be surprised if your car gets stolen because two of them have already! The staff comes into your room to "clean" and instead go through your fridge and eat your food. Unbelievable! I have many more things to say but it would take me a year.

• Stayed: December 2013

I appreciate you taking the time to write a review of your experience with us. We are pleased to hear your kind comments about our awesome staff; however, we apologize that you were moved to three different rooms. I also sincerely apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused. We have pest control measures in place to address situations where pests may be an issue. We do not condone any illegal activity and we are continuing to work to address any suspicious activity at our hotel.

Thank you very much for providing us with your feedback. If you would like to discuss this further, please do not hesitate to contact me at hsf@extendedstay.com. We hope that you will give us the opportunity to provide you with a better stay the next time you're in the area.

Reviewed December 10, 2013

The staff is extremely professional and kind. Overall, the facility is average. Our room was much smaller than other Extended Stay's, but clean and comfortable. Nothing is terribly impressive about this facility. It is simply a place to sleep. Our room did have a flat screen TV with Showtime, which was nice.

My wife and I stayed here because we received a really low rate via hotwire. I probably wouldn't choose to stay here again, unless the price was right.

The location is great. Shopping and good food is close by.

Room Tip: Request room on second floor. It's a thin walled facility.
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled on business
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Houston - Stafford, responded to this reviewResponded December 18, 2013

I appreciate you taking the time to write a review of your experience with us. I am so glad that you enjoyed the professional service our staff provided, your clean room, and the amenities our hotel had to offer. As well, it is great to know that our location was ideal for your needs.

Our team is committed to satisfying our guests, so we are very thankful for your feedback. If you have any additional feedback, please reach out to me at hsf@extendedstay.com. We do hope you will choose to stay with us again.

Reviewed December 3, 2013

I made an online reservation for 8 nights and was charged for 9. It took two days and several phone messages before the manager finally contacted me. Apparently when my card was swiped upon check-in for the TOTAL AMOUNT, the excuse was made that I wasn't charged for sales tax. Why would you not include sales tax in the confirmation, or mention it at check-in during payment or during check-out? Anyway, for $79 a night, there are better places in the Houston area to stay that are less noisy, with more comfortable beds, and a better TV lineup. The "deluxe" pullout sleeper had springs poking through the mattress and was unfit to sleep on. My guest had on choice but to sleep on the sofa itself instead. After 8 nights, I never did get a TV lineup despite asking for one at the front desk several times. Bottom line, there are better values for your dollar in Houston. The front desk ladies were very nice and tried to help as they could, but billing policies made something very simple very complicated and frustrating.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family

I appreciate you taking the time to write a review of your experience with us. I am so disappointed that your stay wasn't pleasant. Please accept my apology. To make sure this doesn't happen again, I am working with the staff to ensure going forward room and tax are explained to every guest upon check in. We are also in the process of updating our furniture as well.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Stafford
La Quinta Inn & Suites Houston Stafford Sugarland
Extended Stay America - Houston - Sugar Land
Home2 Suites by Hilton Houston Stafford
Sleep Inn & Suites Stafford
Staybridge Suites Houston Stafford
Hampton Inn Houston Stafford

Been to Extended Stay America - Houston - Stafford? Share your experiences!