“Amount of Food intimidation!”

Kelly's Country Cookin'
Ranked #14 of 98 Restaurants in Stafford
Reviewed January 9, 2013

This place is not for low volume eaters ! My goodness the portions and thye foods makeup while reminicent of things I would of wolfed down in my past...make a meal there a limited frequency event. Its kinda scary to see the people that can handle a meal plus dessert at Kelly's.
If I didnt have teenagers on the football team...I couldnt justify such consumption at my age ...as i enjoyed food that reminded me of vsiting my Grandmother's and eating southern Fried Foods. My brain warned me to limit visits to live longer ...Food is good..restaurant is loud..cholestrol is up !

1  Thank ccelticbladesman

Reviewed January 5, 2013

My husband wanted to treat me to a nice Sunday morning breakfast. He ordered the pancake special, and I ordered the Belgian Waffle. Our orders came back in a timely manner, the service and the waitstaff was good. When our order came, my husbands pancakes and my waffle were cold. When we put the butter on them, the butter never even melted. The syrup we received was not warm or warmed for us to pour over our meals. Therefore, cold pancakes and waffle, unmelted butter, and cold syrup made our meal uneatable. My husband said his pancakes were tasteless and mushy. After a few bites he discovered that the pancakes were not cooked thoroughly, and there was raw batter when he cut into his food. He requested another order of pancakes, and that order was hot, but still tasteless and mushy. We gave up on trying to have a nice Sunday breakfast, because it was not going to happen at Kellys Country Kitchen. Next time I want really good pancakes and waffles I think I will stay home and make them myself. C. Cooper

2  Thank C C
Reviewed October 26, 2012

My husband love their pork chops which they only have on Tuesday and Thursday. We always leave with enough food for the next day.

2  Thank TexasTravelers3423
Reviewed September 14, 2012

I live in Meadows Place and pass this place almost everyday. I finally decided to give it to a try and man am I glad I did! My friend and I both got the their 'mama's favorite recipes' deal which includes one entree and three sides for $7.50 (for lunch). We both ended up ordering grilled chicken with veggies for the entree which was pretty good. My favorite part of the meal was probably the sides.... I got mac and cheese, buttered corn and cole slaw, which were all excellent.

When the food came out we were both in awe because of the HUGE portion size. I had leftovers which ended up being a full meal for dinner.

Definitely recommend this place to anyone who is in the mood for some great country cooking.

1  Thank Hina M
Reviewed June 28, 2012

They serve large portions, but that's all that is good. Rolls are cold. Vegetables are over cooked and way too much garlic. Would have to be the only restaurant within 20 miles before I would eat there again.