“The best Indian restaurant in town!”
Review of Great W'kana Cafe

Great W'kana Cafe
Ranked #21 of 109 Restaurants in Stafford
Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Dinner
Dining options: Dinner
Reviewed June 29, 2013

If you want really good Indian food, go to W'kana Cafe. Everything is freshly prepared in the open kitchen.. so your appetite grows as you smell the spices used.. The food will not disappoint you, nor will the customer service. Everyone is greeted with friendliness, and feedback about their food is honored. Workday lunches are perfect sized portions and delicious. It is family-friendly. We have catered from W'kana Cafe, and our events have always been a big success. Some of my favorite dishes: Samosas, Kalonji Baingan, Methi Malai Mutter, Manga Bhindi, Ajwaini Gobi, Naan, Vegetable Biryani..

You will find that the food and hospitality is worth the money spent!

Date of visit: May 2013
1  Thank Gina S

Reviewed June 19, 2013

I've been looking for a good Indian restaurant to replace my favorite where we used to live. I think this could possibly be it. We started off the meal with the Tandoori appetizer (pictured) which was quite good. The chicken and lamb were quite tasty with the shrimp coming in a close 2nd. If the portion were larger, I could have easily made a meal of it. It was that good. For the main, we split an order of the Kashmiri Roganjosh with a side of Dal Makhani. Both the lamb and the lentils were tasty. I'd like to go back with a larger group so that we can try a larger selection of food. Something to look forward to next time!

Date of visit: June 2013
Reviewed March 22, 2012

The food has been consistently good all 3 of my visits. There is great variety of Indian dishes both traditionally cooked and some fusion versions. Dishes can be mild in spice level such as the delicious bryanis to spicier sauced based dishes where a heat level is offered. The food is freshly prepared in the open kitchen after it has been ordered. The flatbreads are also excellent. If you are looking for truly great tasting food with some more interesting choices not found at normal Indian restaurants this is the place. The atmosphere is generally quiet allowing people to easily converse with each other during dinners. The service is very friendly with the excellent head chef often taking our orders directly and offering advice.

Date of visit: March 2012
Reviewed May 25, 2011

This restaurant is a piece of heaven! From the ambiance to the kindness of the owners, this restaurant is a true gem. The food is also fresh, the spices always perfect and watch either chef cook is like watching an artist paint. Methodical, creative with a hint of inventiveness have kept me coming there and always bringing friends to partake in the exquisite meals!

I would absolutely recommend this to any one in search of the perfect Indian cuisine.

Date of visit: May 2011
Reviewed February 17, 2011

Loved the food, but the incense was a big negative. Smelled like incense even after going home and changing clothes. Asked the guy if they ever have no-incense day and he said no. There are a lot of great Indian restaurants in this part of town so I would say go here only if the burning incense appeals to you.

This isn't a buffet. Most Indian restaurants out here are. That has pluses and minuses- the plus being I don't overeat like I do at a buffet, the minuses being you have to choose just one entree.

Date of visit: February 2011