“Sugarland, as sweet as it sounds” 4 of 5 bubbles

Courtyard Houston Sugar Land
Ranked #7 of 17 Hotels in Stafford
GreenLeadersBronze level
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
“Sugarland, as sweet as it sounds”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 23, 2014

Stayed at the hotel for business. Kaylyn did everything she could to make my stay enjoyable. Very upbeat and seemed happy to help everyone. Bistro food was nice. I ate breakfast & had good Starbucks coffee. Plenty of restaurants within walking distance or a short drive. Seems a little pricy but, all the surrounding hotels are priced about the same. I will be back.

Room Tip: Top floors are the most quiet
Green Features: I use towels like I do at home. I am not the most green customer they have.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Olga1002, Director of Sales at Courtyard Houston Sugar Land, responded to this review, June 25, 2014
Thank you so much for taking the time to comment on your stay here at the Courtayrd Sugar Land! We are so happy that Kaylyn made you feel at home, the you enjoyed the hotel's amenities and that the location met your needs. We look forward to your next stay, hurry back soon!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (35)
San Antonio, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 31, 2014

I recently stayed at this fine Hotel during an extended travel. I booked this Hotel because of the reasonable cost over other similar Hotels in the area. I was simply amazed at the quality and exceptional service and comfort for the Price I paid.

The Hotel was very easily accessible from Hgh 59 .I was immediately greeted by a very personable receptionist who offered to make my time there as enjoyable as possible. The Room was large, and VERY CLEAN.I opted for the King Bed and wasn't disappointed in the comfort of the bed, but must add that I found the pillows a little too firm for my preference.

My particular room had a sofa as well which made it more comfortable for my stay. The receptionist was very accommodating, professional and very friendly. She spoke to me every time I entered the Hotel.She was very astute in insuring that my stay was excellent in every way. There is a Bistro located within the Hotel for Breakfast options as well as Dinner, although it's menu is very limited but adequate for anyone desiring something to eat, but for whatever reason doesn't desire to leave the Hotel.

There were some excellent dining options available near the Hotel as well. I would recommend the All American Buffet just before the Hotel on the access road. it was not your typical buffet as the restaurant was very clean and nicely furnished. The Buffet had about anything you could ever desire and by what I ate, was excellently prepared.

I would highly recommend this Hotel to any traveler as it excels in Comfort, Service and Value.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled solo
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Olga1002, Director of Sales at Courtyard Houston Sugar Land, responded to this review, June 2, 2014
What a wonderful review, thank you so much for taking the time to tell us about your experience. We are very happy that you enjoyed yourself and felt comfortable during your stay. I have to agree, we do have a great hotel full of people who love their jobs, and it shows! Please come back and see us soon!
Little Rock, Arkansas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 16, 2014

Recently spent four nights here and found the staff to be attentive, courteous and extremely friendly. The clean comfortable rooms were a welcome sight each evening. The staff (especially Krystal Meyer) was so eager to please and went well beyond what would be expected to see that all of our needs were met and our questions answered. We kept our 2 and 3 year old grandsons in our room one night and the staff was so quick to provide everything we needed to accommodate the little fellows. This is our hotel of choice when in the Houston/ Sugarland area.

Room Tip: Even numbered rooms are a little quieter since they are on the opposite side of the hotel from the f...
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Olga1002, Director of Sales at Courtyard Houston Sugar Land, responded to this review, April 21, 2014
Wow, what a wonderful review, thank you so much for taking the time to let us know about your wonderful experience here at the Courtyard. We strive to make each and every guest feel like this is their home away from home, and by your remarks, I think we succeeded and that makes us very happy. Please come back and see us again soon!
Texas
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 17, 2014

We stayed at the "suite" room of this hotel on Saturday and Sunday night. There were four of us and we needed the extra space. It is a larger room but don't be fooled by the word "Suite". It is just a larger room with a mini refrigerator and microwave. Other 3 star Marriott hotel suites are actually have some separation between the sofa bed and the king bed with an extra TV. Not here, just one large room. We requested for a rollaway and the one person who was running the front desk showed up pushing the rollaway and then just left it in the middle of the room telling us she doesn't know how to open it. No sheets, no pillows, no blankets. So we had to tell her that we need these items. So she came back upstairs and delivered them. Meanwhile the front desk area was unsupervised!!!! The gym was ok but not very clean. Our room was cleaned very well by their daytime maid service. There is good breakfast and food but a little pricey. Don't expect much assitance in the evenings.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Olga1002, Director of Sales at Courtyard Houston Sugar Land, responded to this review, March 27, 2014
Thank you for your comments on your stay, we value your opinion. It seems that there was some confusion on your room type, by what you described; you stayed in an extended king, not a suite. Our one bedroom suites have a separate bedroom attached to a large living area that has a wet bar, refrigerator, sink and microwave, I apologize for the confusion. We will address the rollaway situation immediately; this is a perfect training opportunity and are happy that our housekeeper was able to meet your expectations. We hope that you give us another opportunity.
Austin, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 12, 2014

This place is clean and beautiful. The staff is amazing and goes above and beyond. My car overheated and the front desk helped me find a cab late at night and checked on my safety several times. I will never stay anywhere else!

• Stayed January 2014
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Olga1002, Director of Sales at Courtyard Houston Sugar Land, responded to this review, February 14, 2014
Thank you so much for taking the time to give us your comments, we are so happy that you enjoyed your stay! We can't wait to see you again!
Broomfield, Colorado
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 9, 2014

I am a big fan of Marriott Hotels. When I first arrived I was welcomed and checked in. The staff were very friendly and welcoming. Something that I have come to expect with the marriott name. The gym was surprisingly large and I love the new bistro. Weill definately stay here again. My only complaint is that the fan in my bathroom would not turn off. I had the front desk look into it. They told me that they never turn off. Seems strange and not efficient to have an exhaust fan that never turns off and sucks Heat and AC out of the building.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank jmcurl
Thank you so much for letting us know about your stay with us, we are very happy that you found our staff friendly and you were comfortable enough to want to come back again. I know what you are saying about the fan in the bathroom, I too have hard time understanding the reasons why some of these builders do the things they do. We look forward to seeing you again soon!
Huntsville, Texas
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 17, 2014

As a Marriott Platinum Elite member I know all their brands well, and I'll first say I'm not a big fan of the new Bistro approach at Courtyards, so I choose them less these days. This hotel was fine, although it's a bit hard to find off the freeway, but the reason for my 'average' rating was that I went looking for coffee service in the morning and found none. Even Motel 6 has free coffee in the morning! I know the upscale places don't, but all the mid-level ones, in the Courtyard category, do. I assume I was expected to buy a $4 Starbucks cup--but I was not about to do that. The little things do sometimes matter.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled solo
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Olga1002, Director of Sales at Courtyard Houston Sugar Land, responded to this review, January 20, 2014
Thank you so much for taking the time out of your day to let us know about your stay. We are happy that you thought the hotel was fine, but apologize that you could not find free coffee. Effective January 1, 2014 all the Courtyards by Marriott have done away with the free coffee in the lobby due to a new Marriott standard, however we do still offer the free coffee in the rooms and have changed from glass coffee cups to “to go” coffee cups. Please come back and visit us again with this in mind and give us an opportunity to make sure your stay is way “above average”.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Stafford
Homewood Suites by Hilton Houston-Stafford
Comfort Suites Sugar Land
Comfort Suites Sugar Land
#3 of 17 in Stafford
Hampton Inn Houston Stafford
Sleep Inn & Suites Stafford
Hyatt Place Houston/Sugar Land
SpringHill Suites Houston Sugar Land

Been to Courtyard Houston Sugar Land? Share your experiences!