“One of the cleanest, and best Courtyard experiences I have had”

Courtyard Houston Sugar Land
Ranked #5 of 17 Hotels in Stafford
GreenLeadersBronze level
Toronto, Canada
“One of the cleanest, and best Courtyard experiences I have had”
Reviewed August 27, 2012

I have stayed at this courtyard about 4 years ago, and don't remember it being as amazing an experience as I recently had.

When I checked in late at night, I was greeted by a super friendly Front desk attendant, Rendell. I have stayed in quite a few hotels recently, and I can tell you that his smile, and personality were genuinely welcomed after along day of travel. I saw him several times during my stay, and he was always friendly, and bright. I don't think I can recommend him more highly. The other staff were always friendly and happy as well.

Best of all, it really seemed sincere.

Thanks!

1 Thank ScootrOnline
Olga1002, Director of Sales at Courtyard Houston Sugar Land, responded to this review, August 30, 2012
Thank you for sharing your great experience with us. We’re happy that you enjoyed your stay and found it to be an amazing experience. Since you were last here we’ve completely renovated the hotel and it is simply beautiful! Also, thank you for commenting on Rendell, he is definitely one of our “A” players and we’re very proud to have him! Our team members really go above and beyond, thank you for noticing! Hope to see you again soon!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (37)
Puerto La Cruz, Venezuela
Reviewed August 20, 2012

I visit the Houston / Sugar Land several times a year. I have stayed at the Courtyard downtown and the Marriott Town Square and whether for personal or business reasons I prefer the Courtyard in Stafford for one main reason and that is the staff goes out of their way to provide service and support with a friendly smile. I have stayed in other hotels where the front desk personnel refused to make eye contact with incoming guests. This Courtyard knows me by name. Will continue to make this hotel my first choice for Houston trips.

1 Thank cncarstens
Olga1002, Director of Sales at Courtyard Houston Sugar Land, responded to this review, August 22, 2012
Thank you so much for sharing your comments and for such kind words. I am proud to say that we have a hotel full of team members that truly enjoy their job and their guests. Please ask for me next time you’re in the hotel, it would be my pleasure to meet you and get to know your name as well! Hope to see you soon!
Bryan, Texas, United States
Reviewed August 13, 2012

Attended a business meeting in Houston and chose the Courtyard Marriott in Sugarland, Texas. Front Desk Manager Rendell Cruz was accommodating and courteous. Rendell asked, “Are you a Marriott Rewards Member?” I was not a member. However, Rendell was being very nice and I accepted the offer. During the enrollment, Rendell realized it was my birthday. He offered a “Happy Birthday” and a “High Five”. The next morning, I noticed an envelope on the floor. I discovered Rendell had provided me a Birthday card with notification of “Bonus Points” added to my new Marriott Rewards card. I was very touched. I will be staying at Marriott hotels in the future. SUCH GREAT SERVICE!

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the bottom floor. It saves time - no need to haul luggage up and down in the eleva...
2 Thank Joe W
Olga1002, Director of Sales at Courtyard Houston Sugar Land, responded to this review, August 16, 2012
Happy belated birthday! Thank you so much for taking time to let us know about your stay. We are so happy that you enjoyed your stay and that you became a Marriott reward member, one step closer to free night’s stays! Rendell is definitely one of our top A players, he genuinely cares for our guests, I’m glad you were able to experience it first-hand. He, as well as all of our staff really enjoy their jobs and care for the guests, it’s a perfect combination! Thank you again, and please come back and see us real soon!
San Antonio, Texas
Reviewed August 6, 2012

If you operate or own a hotel/motel this is where you go to see how it is done. The staff gave me awesome customer service! They are so good I may make Courtyard my first choice when looking for a hotel. They could not have made me happier. I don't think I would be happier if it was free.

KP

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
Olga1002, Director of Sales at Courtyard Houston Sugar Land, responded to this review, August 7, 2012
Wow, thank you so much for sharing how much you enjoyed our staff! We are so happy that you had such a wonderful experience and that you would make the Courtyard your first choice! We love our staff, we love what we do, and it shows. Please come back and see us soon!
Austin, Texas
Reviewed August 2, 2012

Stayed several nights for a baseball tournament. Location was good, rooms were clean and comfortable. All of the staff that I encountered were extremely friendly and helpful. Great restaurants nearby. Looking forward to coming back!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Thank you so much for sharing your experience with us! We know how hectic tournaments can be so we’re very happy that we were able to make your stay as comfortable as possible. We are located perfectly, right next to two major freeways and minutes from lots of shopping, restaurants and entertainment, so that helps you to enjoy your down time. Our staff is definitely awesome, thank you so much for commenting, please come back and see us real soon!
Chicago IL
Reviewed August 1, 2012

Stayed here on business for two nights. Excellent staff--friendly greeting, gave helpful information. The first room I had was very humid and even though I turned up the air, the room remained humid. I called down to the desk and they moved me immediately.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
Thank you for choosing the Courtyard Sugar Land and thank you for sharing your comments. Houston can get extremely humid at times so I apologize for your experience with the humid room. We’re very happy to hear that you contacted us immediately so that we were able to rectify the situation and ensure that you had a comfortable stay! We look forward to having you stay with us again!
Reviewed July 29, 2012

We love Marriott and we were not disappointed with our stay. We stayed here for three days while attending a wedding. The room was clean and inviting. The bed was very comfortable. Service was excellent. The ladies at the front desk were kind and hospitable and made every attempt to make our stay comfortable. We loved Jeanette who worked the night shift. She was the the best. Location is fantastic. I will stay here again and will recommend this hotel to my friends and family.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Olga1002, Director of Sales at Courtyard Houston Sugar Land, responded to this review, August 6, 2012
Thank you so much for taking the time to let us know about your experience at the Courtyard Sugar Land, we are thrilled to know that you enjoyed your stay. Also, thank you for your comments on our Front Desk Agent, Jeannine, she is definately one of our "A" players and we are very happy she is part of our team! Our goal at the Courtyard is to make sure that we live up to Marriott standards and it's level of excellence, we are proud to have met those goals. We can't wait to have you back!
Also consider these accommodations in or near Stafford
Comfort Suites Sugar Land
Comfort Suites Sugar Land
#2 of 17 in Stafford
Homewood Suites by Hilton Houston Stafford Sugar Land
Hampton Inn Houston Stafford
Residence Inn Houston Sugar Land
Sugar Land Marriott Town Square
SpringHill Suites Houston Sugar Land

Been to Courtyard Houston Sugar Land? Share your experiences!