“One word - Fleas”

La Quinta Inn & Suites Houston Stafford Sugarland
Ranked #10 of 17 Hotels in Stafford
Reviewed June 22, 2011

Only stay at this hotel if you dont mind sleeping with fleas. We were unaware that this was a dog-friendly hotel, and let me say it is way too dog-friendly for our taste. Our room and bathroom were complete with a dog-friendly set if fleas. The cleanliness of this place is seriously lacking. Never again.

• Stayed: June 2011
2  Thank sailorbound

Reviewed May 22, 2011

We stayed at this hotel last night on our way cross country with our son and two large dogs and were very pleasantly surprised at the cleanliness of this pet friendly establishment. Our sleep was also pleasantly quiet aside from our two furbrats. Miss Linda at the front desk was beyond sweet and accommodating. If I had to come up with any negatives, my shower was a little small. Will definitely recommend this hotel!

• Stayed: May 2011
2  Thank DogTiredTravelers
Reviewed December 20, 2010

I came to the LaQuinta because the Studio Six next door was horrible. The staff at the front desk was VERY polite and helpful. But I must say that I will never stay at this hotel again. It's time for some upgrades and remodeling. The bathroom was scary, I took a shower with a towel in the tub to step on like a bath mat. The room was not very clean... The carpet was VERY dirty and I was scared to sit on the toliet

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 15, 2010

Having stayed at other La Quinta Inns in the area recently, I was expecting the extremely comfortable bed like the ones in Rosenberg, just down the road. The bed was comfortable enough. The room was very clean, with the exception of the beadspread. It showed signs of previous use including hair on the underside. It was quickly replaced by the desk clerk with a fresh one right out of the dryer. The service provided by staff was exceptional. There was a contracted food service for in-room service. It was timely and the food was great. La Quinta made an excellent choice in pairing with them. The price was good for the area, and the express check-in and check-out was superb.
The one true disappointment was the breakfast! I had expected a full hot meal, but instead was met with what most other hotels now consider to be a Continental breakfast. The only hot items were waffles and toast.
I had an ADA-listed room which was not a true ADA room; and though there was no indication of cigarette smoke, the room was not marked Non-smoking Room, as those nereby. The room was also a bit cramped, especially if there had been more than one person lodging there. I am used to a microwave/fridge unit in the room, but this one had none. TV channels were pretty limited without paying for premium channels, but one can only watch so much TV.
The location was convenient to my doctor's appointment in Houston, and I would most likely stay there again for that reason.

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed November 14, 2010

Great location for my business in Houston. We stayed two nights because our car wasn't ready. Conveniently located near our dealership.

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled on business
1  Thank Marcia406
Reviewed October 27, 2010

The location, price, staff were very good. The rooms were satisfactory but my only complaint is the bed frames for the double beds in my room had metal projecting out from the bottom of the bed frames and my wife and I hit our lower legs on them several times causing discomfort temporarily. (like stubbing your little toe). I never had this experience in a hotel before. Other than that, I still thought it was a good stay overall. Just look out for the beds in room 227. I've reported this in La Quinta's my survey they requested so hopefully management will take a look at this issue and eliminate the my leg pain and others for future visits.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed April 22, 2010

check in staff was very friendly, king room was small, really there wasn't enough room to put our bags. Everything in the room was 5 or 6 years old, the room needs updating. Paint was in good shape, carpets were dirty. The room was very quiet, we didn't hear a thing until 9am. There are several other hotels adjacent and for the price, you can do better.

Wireless internet worked great.

Ihop in parking lot, along with an expensive cajun seafood joint.

• Stayed: April 2010, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Stafford
Hampton Inn Houston Stafford
Home2 Suites by Hilton Houston Stafford
Best Western Sugarland Inn
Best Western Sugarland Inn
#4 of 9 in Sugar Land

Been to La Quinta Inn & Suites Houston Stafford Sugarland? Share your experiences!