Comal County Tacos
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed June 16, 2013

OK...the building is dumpy and you may think it will test your immune system to eat there...but no one must be getting sick because this place gets slammin' busy! You do go thru a line, but those girls move it VERY quickly. Prices are reasonable. Tortillas are homemade. I hear the menudo and barbacoa are both great. I had tacos and was really pleased. And...the hot sauce had just the right amount of zip. It's tempting to keep on driving when you see this place...but don't...you'll be glad you stopped.

1  Thank Traveling-Texan3

Reviewed July 3, 2012

I was disappointed on my last visit for several reasons. The building is starting to show its age and doesn't seem very clean. I understand that customers come in with dirty work boots, and has taken a toll on the floor. The tortillas seemed like they had been griddled on a dirty comal because they were not white, but yellow and discolored and looked like they had been prepared with old lard. My husband ordered a plain scrambled egg and although the cook was nice and accommodating and took the time to prepare it, the egg had dark specks in it, again, the griddle hadn't been properly cleaned, but he ate it anyway. When we first ate here several years ago, our breakfast tacos always tasted delicious and seemed prepared to higher standards, so we didn't mind the appearance of the building or being served in a line. But now, due to our last experience, I won't be returning anytime soon, if ever.

1  Thank twofromtexas42