“Meh”

Wet 'n' Wild SplashTown
Ranked #3 of 29 things to do in Spring
More attraction details
Owner description: Wet 'n' Wild SplashTown, located just minutes north of Houston in Spring, TX, experienced a multi-million dollar transformation in 2014! Houston's Largest Waterpark already featured an impressive line-up of rides including the Brain Drain, Stingray Racer, Ripqurl, Tornado, Texas Free Fall, and Thunder Run. All-new visitor experiences include Wet 'n' Wild Jr., a new interactive children's area, Big Kahuna, a family mega-raft ride and FlowRider, a unique surfing experience! Poolside, private, shaded cabanas are available making Wet 'n' Wild SplashTown a perfect tropical vacation location that's affordable and so close to home.
Reviewed November 25, 2013

Just a normal waterpark. Nothing special but good for a few hours of fun. Food costs are a bit steep and the quality is poor.

1  Thank someone_27
There are newer reviews for Wet 'n' Wild SplashTown

Reviewed October 4, 2013

We purchased season passes and visited probably 10 times throughout the summer. Great slides. We would arrive at 10am and stay until the park started to get busy between 12 and 1 or go later in the evening once the crowds had started to leave.

1  Thank Amy C
Reviewed September 15, 2013

At the begining of the summer we hooked up on the deal for season passes. It was around $55 for each pass and never had to pay for parking- basically pays for itself if you go more than once.

Pros:
*Fun for all ages - something for everyone! They have children areas for ages 0-6 with a pirate ship/ and small slides, a treehouse for kids 3-12 with larger swirly slides, family rides, and the big intimidating rides for kids 8+ yrs-if you have adventurous kids (i could never bring myself to do the tx freefall or brain drain as an adult)
*It does get quite busy- but if you stick with early mornings or last hour the park is open you can get alot in without alot of lines. Again with a season pass, we could go for an hour or two and not feel like we wasted any money.
* They have a parking lot guard/watcher so you feel mildly safer about not having a crook break in your car- you still need to hide your valuables- or store them in a rented locker. (For me-I just never brought anything of value)
*Never had to rent a locker- no one ever messed with our towels, or bag we brought in and we went 20+ times in the summer......although I never brought anything worth taking anyways.

Cons:
*You cant bring in any food into the park- you can have a cooler in your car but you have to leave the park and eat in the parking lot. This was truely a pain- because having small children they want to snack all day.....we just had to limit parking lot trips and I had to listen to little ones complain that they want food again. You can bring your own water.
*Unsupervised teenagers- I have my own teenagers and if they acted the way some of those I encountered I would be embarrassed. It was bad in the lazy river- they would run into you playing tag with their friends- splash you- scream around you- and some would "make out" in the water. I'm ok with rowdy teens but not in such large quantities- constantly be disrespectful.
*They need better signs pointing to the entrance- if you dont know which street off of the feeder road to take- your'e screwed and have to go all the way around the underpass and back around again.
*Beware of the weekends- dirty water, and lots of people- and the bathrooms get mucky and gross!!!
* NO FAMILY BATHROOM!!! I couldnt take my young boys in the womens bathroom- I actually had a woman employee come and tell me to have them wait outside for me. I am a freak about ever leaving my kids alone- something could happen in a split second. I was pretty upset about that situation......I just dont rinse off anymore, take super quick potty trips and stand outside the mens bathroom like a freak mom when they have to go.

All in all- I dont know if we will buy a season pass next year- I think we will try schliterbahn once and stick with our community pool.

15  Thank L W
Reviewed August 16, 2013

I've lived in Houston 40 years and never made it to Splashtown until today with my wife and grand kids (8 and 11). We did rent a cabana right next to the Wave Pool, which is worth the extra $$. All of us had a blast, there was an activity for every level of adventure seeker.

Food and beverages were good and cheaper than Reliant Stadium. All the waterpark employees were polite, and the lifeguards in the Wave Pool very attentive. The facilities including bathrooms were kept clean throughout the day. All in all a great and fun experience. I can't believe we waited so long.

Reviewed July 29, 2013

It's the place that the doctor loves because you always end up with a sick kid after they go there. It's pricey and not what it use to be.

2  Thank Susan Z