“Good option for Summer or early Fall fun”

Wet 'n' Wild SplashTown
Ranked #3 of 25 things to do in Spring
More attraction details
Owner description: Wet 'n' Wild SplashTown, located just minutes north of Houston in Spring, TX, experienced a multi-million dollar transformation in 2014! Houston's Largest Waterpark already featured an impressive line-up of rides including the Brain Drain, Stingray Racer, Ripqurl, Tornado, Texas Free Fall, and Thunder Run. All-new visitor experiences include Wet 'n' Wild Jr., a new interactive children's area, Big Kahuna, a family mega-raft ride and FlowRider, a unique surfing experience! Poolside, private, shaded cabanas are available making Wet 'n' Wild SplashTown a perfect tropical vacation location that's affordable and so close to home.
Spring, Texas
112 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 128 helpful votes
“Good option for Summer or early Fall fun”
Reviewed December 5, 2012

Average by waterpark standards. Splashtown seems a bit worn but certainly delivers on a refreshing waterpark experience. No truly trerrifying or epic rides although the Tornado does a good job of spooking kids experiencing a water ride of that type for the first time. We went when crowds were a bit thinner due to the last two weeks of Summer operation and a cool front had moved through the night before. Don't take a lot of stuff in, expect to wait a bit in lines and seating can be hard to come by when squatters have moved in to take over tables for the entire day.

Visited September 2012

Houston
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Decent”
Reviewed November 24, 2012

Fun, but the rides are a little old, and it's a little small. Once or twice a year if you live close, but it's not a stellar attraction if you're visiting under a schedule. Not the kind of place you want to be all summer.

Visited May 2012
2 Thank Michelle T
chester & houston
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 40 helpful votes
“Cabana's not to be missed”
Reviewed November 1, 2012

Wide range of activities to suit all ages and abilities. Went at 11am and children refused flatly to leave before they closed at 7. It was kept spotlessly clean with lots of life guards all around. Food was standard fast food but good enough and reasonably priced. On a bright sunny day the cabana with plenty of shade was priceless. Located along side the pools, stocked with water in a cooler full of ice, sun loungers, chairs, table, inflatable tyres, your own locker for valuables and even sun tan lotion. A member of staff came round regularly and asked if you needed anything bringing. No need to move if you didn't feel like it.

Visited June 2012
3 Thank raquayle
The Woodlands, Texas, United States
67 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 57 helpful votes
“Summer fun 2012”
Reviewed October 25, 2012

Took my girls to Splashtown this summer. Went during the middle of the week on Thursday and the crowd was not too bad. Most lines were 15 minutes or under at the beginning of the day, and stretched to 20 to 25 minutes later in the day. Since it that busy, it was not necessary to rent a raft. Most all of the rides had rafts for use. The upside of renting a raft was that you did not have to wait in the separate line to get a raft from the people coming off the slide. The line for getting a raft was never longer than 5 minutes though, but on a busy day I could see that line being 10 to 15 minutes alone. The wave pool was fun, and was actually quite a lot of work without a raft if you were over your head, which I was. My daughter was wearing a floating vest that are provided at the wave pool, but the supply of those vest was limited. The rides were all fun. The big funnel like ride scared me half to death when I thought I was going to flip over. I had myself and my two daughters. I easily out weighed them and with the weight distribution being skewed I think maybe that caused us to go higher than normal (not a physicist so could be wrong on that). Bottom line it was too scary to repeat, LOL. The lazy river was fun, but that is one place where you might really consider renting a raft, but most people in there were without them. There were no available rafts for floating on it provided free from the park like there was for the slides. The only draw back was the price of the food. I think my daughter paid like $9 for a chicken nugget basket. It is hard to explain to young kids the value of money and that to me was just way over priced. I realize all theme parks get you with the food costs, but that doesn't mean you have to like it. I got out cheaper myself but just having a milkshake for $5 for my lunch and it was pretty darn tasty. Overall I enjoyed my time there, I think we stayed like 5 hours and in that time was able to ride all of the slides at least once and travel the lazy river once or twice.

Visited August 2012
Huntsville, Texas, United States
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“selfish”
Reviewed September 9, 2012

could not bring in food or drinks went with group of diverse economic levels the amount of money determines how one enjoys.

Visited July 2012