“Average at Best”

Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Buffet
Texas
“Average at Best”
Reviewed January 23, 2013

If you enjoy food from India then I would go someplace else. Since this is the only India restaurant near us so we thought we would give it a try. The restaurant is located in a small strip mall just off the freeway so there was plenty of parking and the restaurant was not very busy. They seated us in a booth next to a window. The buffet looked nice and inviting with a pleasant variety, however most of the food was spicy and not very warm. To me the best part of the meal was the salad. We have eaten good India food in the past in other restaurants but this was not it. Probably will not go back.

• Visited January 2013

Spring, Texas
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Horrible Service Experience.”
Reviewed December 4, 2012

This was the worst service I've experienced in my life. I went there for a dinner buffet alone. I sat ate and when i was finished the manager brought out the bill. The bill was for 25 + tax dollers. I asked the manager how much is the buffet thinking it was $15. The manage then said the dinner for adults is 14.99 & for children it is 9.99. I told him that there has to be a mistake, i ate alone and there is no or was no child with me. He then argued with me basically calling me a lair and told me that i had a child, so i asked well where is the child then, he then goes "i don't know, you must have sent him to your car" . I became livid and he's lucky i didn't punch him in the face. I then took him out and opened up my car and asked him where did I hide the child. I then opened up my trunk and asked if he was going to accuse me that i hid the child in the trunk. At this is point i just threw 25 bucks at him and left. The jerk didn't even have the common courtery to say sorry.

• Visited December 2012
1 Thank ShakNJ
Houston, Texas
“Tasty Indian Food”
Reviewed November 10, 2012

Ate at Sitar tonight after hearing good reviews from other people I know who have eaten here. I found the food to be tasty. Many of the meats were labeled as lamb, but it didn't have the lamb taste I like. Tasted more like beef to me. I really like Lamb Keema, but their version was a little more bland than I'm used to.
MOVING ON. The mens restroom needs HELP. Unfortunately this seems to be a standard theme at Indian restaurants. The seat on the toilet doesn't fit and is MUCH smaller than the bowl and is no longer securely attached. The soap dispenser button is missing and there is just a peg sticking out that it used to be attached to. There are multiple holes in the wall from previous fixtures that have chunks of tape over them. I don't get it, the rest of the restaurant is well kept and maintained. Wish they had a fountain soda machine instead of pouring from cans. The food was good enough that I'll be back. Hard to find an Indian Restaurant that has a dinner buffet.

• Visited November 2012
The Woodlands, Texas
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“I dine here often - consistently awesome!”
Reviewed November 5, 2012

great Indian food - buffet style - even for dinner! delightful consistent in taste and excellent service!

Visited November 2012
Porter, Texas
“Interesting”
Reviewed October 4, 2012

I can't speak to the quality of the food because I am not familiar with Indian cuisine. I liked several of the dishes and found others not to be to my taste.

Visited April 2012