“Truly high cuisine”

8:00 PM
OR
Ranked #10 of 640 Restaurants in Spring
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Inspired by a Old Country trattoria ambiance & classic Italian cooking, Grotto delivers a savory menu brimming with timeless recipes made on premises. Creations include many "Old World" signature dishes such as Neapolitan thin crust pizzas, Veal Kickerillo, Pollo Francese, housemade pastas & fish selections. Enjoy Grotto's famous Peach Bellini or an extensive collection of Italian and domestic wines.
Reviewed June 5, 2019 via mobile

My first stop after flying all day long to Houston, great service and ambience to start and magnificent favor across the board, last but not least great value for your money since the bill was not too different from what you pay a mid scale grills around the city. I tried the oven fish and it was exquisite.

Date of visit: June 2019

Reviewed May 31, 2019 via mobile

Typical American ( Italian) taste
The place ok . Service ok
Nothing out of the extraordinary
Regular pastas. Well served and price according to place

Date of visit: June 2019
Reviewed May 18, 2019 via mobile

My husband and I came here for date night. I’d never been. We were disappointed to learn it was a chain and part of Landry’s but we must say that the service far exceeded our expectations. We told JJ, our waiter, that we wanted to enjoy the evening and take our time and we did. He didn’t rush us and gave good recommendations for ordering. We were pleasantly surprised with our enjoyable experience. Thanks JJ!!

Reviewed May 13, 2019 via mobile

I want to start by clarifying that food and the service provided by our server was very good, unfortunately the whole experience was overshadowed towards the end when one of the Managers (I believe he was, was a tall thin gentlemen) who asked us if we could "move" because they had another reservation for a party of 6 and they needed the table. First of all, we did a reservation as well stating we were celebrating Mother's day, we were also a party of 6, we are Landry's members, and I told the guy that my wife was just finishing her coffee and we are almost done, then he insisted to move us to another table and provide a complimentary coffee. All that was unnecessary as there were 2 other tables that could accommodate two parties of 6, and could accommodate the new party to the same table he was offering us.
We truly felt we were treated like a number and not as a customer/guest by this gentlemen, and thanks to him the rest of the night turned out to be a bitter sweet one as my wife was extremely disappointed and uncomfortable after having such a great meal and service by our server.
On my personal experience working in a 5 Star 5 Diamond Resort (St.Regis Resort, Dana Point, CA) I recommend a better training on how to manage the restaurant's occupancy and customer service when under pressure, and a corrective action.

Reviewed May 10, 2019

The Grotto offers a large and varied menu of Italian-styled dishes. I say Italian-styled because many of them are less traditional and more informed by American tastes ("Veal Kickarillo", "Meatzza") in order to appeal to a broad range of customers (it is a chain in several cities). I had a salad and the Veal San Pietro which was tasty and not an excessive quantity of food as you get in most restaurants around Houston. Others in my party had the snapper and the salmon and seemed to enjoy them. Service was very attentive. The restaurant is quite large and family-friendly.
One thing I have to mention is that it is impossible to find the restaurant using Google Maps which will always send you to the supermarket at the complete opposite end of the shopping center they are both located in.