“Nice Hotel but Paranoid Manager about Keeping Pool perfect and make it uncomfortable”

Fairfield Inn & Suites Houston North/Spring
Ranked #11 of 16 Hotels in Spring
Plano, Texas
Reviewed July 20, 2014

The hotel is like brand new. It looks really nice. The staff are very nice and are jumping when you come through the door. The rooms were quite and the mattrices were good. Breakfast was standard frozen eggs and sausage microwaved, so we ate elsewhere. The manager seems to have the new car syndrome, like when someone buys a new car they park way out so it will get no dents. While I was checking in the person at the desk told me that the manager would only allow bottled water at the pool and he was a real stickler about that. I'm in my mid 50's, so I"m far from being a party animal; however, I might like to drink a coke or a beer or two at the pool at night if I want to. I can understand no bottles, but the bottled water is rediculous. I then took a look at the pool. There are two cranes to lift disabled people into the water. I commend Farefield for helping out the disabled, but two cranes are a bit much. I've never seen anyone use them before. However, the wierd thing is again the Manager trying to make it perfect. He had some canvas covers over both of them. Other Fairfields leave them uncovered and it is no big deal. The canvas covers were obnixious and made a big eye sore at the pool. I guess the manager didn't want any rain or sun to touch his cranes. Next, the pool has a cosmetic small pool next to the main pool to give a small water fall. It looks pretty nice, but there is an abnoxious sign next to it saying "KEEP OUT". I doubt that anyone could get to it anyway, but it was so unfriendly it was totally wierd. You are walking on egg shells around the pool. The manager needs to tone it down and make the place friendly and get over the new car syndrom. People are there to relax. It's the Woodlands so I doubt there are a bunch of party animals trashing the hotel with drings and climbing where clearly where you should not be. . Also, I would not say it has a good location. To get to decent restaurants you have to go a couple of exits north on I 45. You can get get to the Woodlands mall from there and it is so busy it is a zoo. There is really nothing what I would consider close to the hotel. I has a lousy location. When your tired you want someting close where you don't have to fight traffic to get to a restaurant.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
2 Thank RickDorothy

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Reviewed July 18, 2014

We usually stay away from Fairfield Inn's because they tend to look as cheap as they cost, but not this one! It is aesthetically pleasing, the hotel staff members (including managers) are very friendly, the location is convenient, the rooms are spacious, and the pool is small, but nice. We did have a couple mediocre housekeeping visit during our 4 day visit, but we also had 1 day where the housekeeper did a really nice job. Overall, this hotel is excellent, and we highly recommend it.

• Stayed July 2014
1 Thank GlobalExplorers04
Aberdeen
Reviewed July 17, 2014

I have stayed at this hotel on two occasions both for business reasons. The staff are welcoming and friendly.

The hotel is on the I-45 so it is close to a lot of restaurants and about 10 minute drive to the woodlands. There is a couple of bars near the hotel too.

The downside is that you can not walk anywhere, which is pretty general for around that area. You will need a car, which is a shame as there are a lot nearby. Would be great if there were walkways instead of driving all the time.

The rooms are clean and spacious with the amenities that you require. Comfortable beds. There are some kitchen facilities in the rooms, however no cutlery, which is a little bizarre.

They have a small gym, which has all the facilities that you need and can be quiet most of the time with it being open 24 hours, which is great. There is a small pool area, which is nice. An oasis in the middle of the I-45........

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank CGrant1982
Reviewed June 18, 2014

I would stay again. I met my sorority sisters for dinner and a concert in the Woodlands. The front desk was very nice and accommodating. The hotel is super clean and the beds are very comfortable. Slept great!

• Stayed June 2014
1 Thank LisaTownsend
Denver, Colorado
Reviewed June 4, 2014

We only stay in Marriott properties and we are Platinum status so we have lots of expereince to compare to. This Fairfield Inn is extremely high quality with particularly friendly staff. The rooms are very spacious with extremely comfortable beds and bedding with huge flat screen TV's and DIrect TV.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
East Greenwich, Rhode Island
Reviewed April 26, 2014

I recently stayed one night at the Farfield Inn in Spring, TX the night before a meeting in The Woodlands Waterway Place area. The hotel location could not be beat. It was right off of the highway and close to The Woodlands.
The hotel is brand new (I think the clerk said they've been open 8 months) and it shows. The check-in was quick and friendly. I found my room to be large, modern and super comfortable. The decor is really nice and the room had a great spot to work, sit and then sleep. The free wi-fi in the room was easy to use and fast. In the morning, the shower was strong and powerful with plenty of hot water. The free breakfast was basic, and similar to many other business class hotels, but it was fine. The coffee was actually better than expected!
Overall this was a great stay and I would stay here again when in the area.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
Tyler, Texas
Reviewed February 15, 2014 via mobile

Excellent staff, wonderful room, awesome stay. Joel and Robert were very accommodating with every issue/need we had. Would stay here anytime I'm in Spring and recommend anyone passing through to check in.

Stayed February 2014, traveled with family