“Fresh Tasty Food”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Ellen's Cafe

Ellen's Cafe
Reserve with OpenTable
Ellen's Cafe is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #22 of 496 Restaurants in Spring
Cuisines: American, Cafe, Fast Food, Soups
Good for: Families with children, Kids, Dining on a budget, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff
Kennebunkport, Maine
“Fresh Tasty Food”
Reviewed January 22, 2014 via mobile

Casual cafe serving very fresh food. The sandwiches are made with very soft bread and jammed full of whatever you choose. The soups are homemade and tasty. Prices are very reasonable. Great place for a casual bite to eat while shopping and visiting Old Town Spring.

Visited January 2014

texas
“Great Family Restaurant -Great Food”
Reviewed December 13, 2013

When I'm shopping in Spring, I don't want carnival-type food, I want 'good' food. Food that is good for me and that taste good too…Well, that's Ellen's Cafe! It was pretty amazing how we ended up at Ellen's. I was sitting in the car on Gentry Street,searching Tripadvisor to locate a restaurant that had good reviews. We couldn't find anything that 'hit our hot button', so we decided to just walk around and ask some 'locals' where to get 'good' food. I stepped out of the car and a gentlemen walked by with a Christmas package in his hand and a menu/flyer from Ellen's Cafe and asked if I wanted to know where to eat & handed me the menu/flyer! Well, I don't believe in coincidence. I believe we were receiving God's favor, and was being beckoned to go to Ellen's and so we did…and so glad that we did! I had the artichoke quiche, with New England Clam Chowder, and requested a side of fruit in addition. Hubby had turkey sandwich and a Southwest Soup. My quiche was wonderful as well as the clam chowder. Hubby's sandwich was huge and he really enjoyed his soup. Service was the 'tops'! Staff very friendly and accommodating. After shopping we went back & ordered 2 cappuccino's and a chicken salad sandwich to go for our trip back home. It's the only place we will eat when we return to shop again at Spring! Ohhh, and the gentlemen that happened to be beside our car as I stepped out? He was the owner! He came into the restaurant while we were finishing up our lunch! Such a pleasant gentlemen! Coincidence? Nope! It was God's favor!

• Visited December 2013
Houston, Texas
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Disappointed”
Reviewed November 8, 2013

Family and I decided to stop at Ellen's cafe for lunch. The waiting time was not bad, but the waitresses were not friendly. We asked for a high chair for my baby and I never got one, I had to get it myself. We never got refills and we wait for a long time for our food. I know they supposed to offer crayons to the children so they can get entretained while visiting, but no one offer my children anything. My mother decided to stand up to go and ask for crayons. She approached to another waitress and asked her about it, but she was told they didn't have any because some one stolen them. When we were leaving I noticed under the front podium a huge basket of crayons laying in there. We feel we were discriminated and that we received a had a bad service. I will not recommend anyone to go to this place.

• Visited November 2013
1 Thank Teresa C
Spring
“Healthy dining in Old Town Spring”
Reviewed March 28, 2013

Tucked away among the many shops of Old Town Spring is a surprisingly large cafe with a menu full of healthy options (if you skip the delicious dessert!) Salads and sandwiches are the specialties.

• Visited March 2013
“Surprised”
Reviewed February 15, 2013

I've only stopped for dessert while in town but very surprised. The cobler and icecream was great. When I stepped inside I was stunned at the size. I thought it would have 3 crammed tables but it was huge. Although I've only eaten dessert the menu looks pretty good and the food on the neighboring tables looked pretty good. People were eating with smiles. This is a great place to relax awhile during shopping or attending a festival.

• Visited January 2013