“Good Pizza, ok Service”

Mellow Mushroom
Ranked #12 of 499 Restaurants in Spring
Cuisines: Pizza
Good for: Families with children, Kids
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Full Bar, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Houston, Texas
“Good Pizza, ok Service”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 7, 2013

We visited this restaurant with friends. While we liked the pizza we thought it was too expensive. Also was not crazy about the waitstaff - they were too forward. I do not need to be their best friend. Back to the pizza - Hubby & I were able to spit one and that was nice. We had Mellowterrean on one half and Mighty Meaty on the other side. We were both happy with our choices. I liked the olive oil & garlic base and the tzatziki sauce on the side was delicous. Hubby was very happy with all his meat. He had a couple of the beer and liked them.
As I said earlier while we liked the food we were not happy with the price paid for pizza and were not impressed by the waitstaff. I doubt we'll go back.

Visited May 2013
3 Thank sdatex

“Great pizza place!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 6, 2013 via mobile

The staff here took great care of us, they were all so kind and quick, our waitress was on top of everything, nobody saw an empty glass or had to wait for anything, the pizza was fantastic, potato pizza is delicious, we will definately be back here!

• Visited June 2013
2 Thank Chris E
Houston
“Pricey and worth it”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 3, 2013

Going to tripadvisor.com I had the heads up that Mellow Mushroom was pricey and not fast; that being said we absolutely loved it and would return! Ozzy Osbourne No More Tears and Def Leppard Hysteria played in the background while the draft beer tap had no air temporarily. No Budweiser in a bottle either. This was resolved and I tried Dogfish Head beer (x2) and this is a great beer. Our thai chili bone in buffalo wings were excellent as was our small Holy Shitake pizza and medium Kosmic Karma pizza. So good we took a small cheese pizza home to our other loved one. Total $58.71. So yes, pricey, but how great to find a restaurant that was worth the expense. Look forward to returning. Chris was our server and was personable but not smothering.

• Visited June 2013
3 Thank 457LisaC
Spring, Texas
“Not For Me”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 2, 2013

I have now gone five times and ordered a different pizza each time. I have not liked a single pizza. I love the Spinach Artichoke dip, but it cost $7 and you only get four pieces of toasted baguette bread.

Visited May 2013
2 Thank Iniysa
“Wow!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 27, 2013 via mobile

My new favorite pizza place. Cannot say enough about thus place. The food, service, and atmosphere were fantastic. The Muffuletta Bread was crazy good. Rediculous good beer selection too.

• Visited April 2013