“Not so friendly service”

Old Town Spring Ghost Tours
Ranked #2 of 2 Tours in Spring
Reviewed August 20, 2013

I tried to book a tour with this company and at first I was told there will be no tours in August. Then told there will be a tour just with a new tour guide. I told them fine and booked anyway. First, they gave me the wrong address. Second, they could have told me there are four other tour companies in the same location. It made it very confusing which one I was going to. It wasn't like there was a sign or anything. When I finally found the location there was only a little old lady to greet me. She looked like she could barely walk and this thing was suppose to last 3 hours. It was $90 for me and my girlfriend to go. I thought this was ridiculous. $90 for 3 hours with an old lady and it was just us. No way. I saw the other companies with a lot more people I figured they were cheaper and more fun. I told the lady that we are just going to go on the other companies tour. She got irate and started bashing the other companies in town. Then told us we weren't real ghost hunters anyway. I was appalled. This place was terrible with service and the choosing of there guides. It's a no go for me.

7  Thank Darren T
Kasey_Clar, Owner at Old Town Spring Ghost Tours, responded to this reviewResponded September 21, 2013

Darren,

Thanks for your review. If you were unhappy I'd wish you would have contacted us instead of leaving a negative review. Our number and email address is on every piece of paper and every website page.

Yes, there are several tour companies in this town and NONE of them have signs. The place that we start is listed on your email confirmation, the website, and several other places. But we wouldn't have minded if you called and asked where we met either!!!

Our Tour Guides are identified by the shirts with our logo on it. The ghostly hand prints that you see everywhere on our website and the email confirmation you received when you booked your tour.

But I am very confused as to your review. First of all, all of my tour guides have been with me for quite sometime. I didn't have any "new" tour guides in August. All of my new tour guides go through 2-3 months of training before they are allow to perform tours by themselves and by that time they are not "new." Also, all of my tour guides are in in their 20's. I don't have any "little old ladies" performing tours.

The reason the other tour companies have large groups is because they are about quantity and we are about quality.

Also, the tour you went on is a Ghost Hunt. The other companies only provide Walking Tours. We are the ONLY company that provides Ghost Hunts. The other companies are cheaper but they only last 1-2 hours. Our tour guides spend 3 hours with you and answer ALL of your paranormal questions.

I'm sorry you had a bad experience. I just very much wish that you would have contacted me personally so I could have addressed your concerns.